{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Moronic Fans

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Moronic Fans

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:57 am

Richard Cranium wrote:
Dan wrote:One of the smoke bombs/flares hit a young lad and burnt his trainers and jogging bottoms. His mum is fuming.

It didn't hit him. It was kicked towards him on the floor

Does that really make any difference? If it hadn’t been thrown the lad wouldn’t have had what was no doubt a frightening experience for him.

The only person responsible is the fan that threw it.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:58 am

Or the dog that let him in with it...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:59 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:
Dan wrote:One of the smoke bombs/flares hit a young lad and burnt his trainers and jogging bottoms. His mum is fuming.

It didn't hit him. It was kicked towards him on the floor

Does that really make any difference? If it hadn’t been thrown the lad wouldn’t have had what was no doubt a frightening experience for him.

The only person responsible is the fan that threw it.

They just need some of the pyro dogs at every ground. Look how they've stopped pyros at the mill. :roll:
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:00 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Or the dog that let him in with it...

That’s it, kick a dog when it’s down :D :D

No excuses for this.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:12 pm

I wasn't there so can't comment on any perceived misbehaviour but this thread reminded me of this article. Quite interesting https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... at-matches
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:29 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:I wasn't there so can't comment on any perceived misbehaviour but this thread reminded me of this article. Quite interesting https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... at-matches

This is a very good article and covers many of the issues very well.

Just reading this thread back, highlights the issue we have at Stags.

One person's view of a great atmosphere and a good day out is different to the next person's view point.

I've been following Stags for nearly 40 years, home and away and feel much safer now as a 50 something, than I did years ago.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:43 pm

Pretty poor behaviour and it should be stamped on but if anyone thinks it’s worse than the 70s and 80s either has limited memory or wasn’t there.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:00 pm

Even our own coppers are losing patience with some of our 'fans'.
Last edited by Dan on Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:05 pm

For me it wasn't anything other than just really overly weird - it was almost trying to cause trouble kind of behaviour. For the whole second half there were loads of fans congregated on the walkway behind the net across the width of the 18 yard box, and the ones that were below where I was sat/stood (teenage sort of age) spent the whole half trying to wind the stewards up, every time I glanced down from the game there was someone videoing a steward or shouting at them or trying to goad them - they cannot have seen any of the game - a few times a senior steward was called over and they just got goaded too. Then there were the two guys - they looked older than me and I'm 50 - who spent a good 5-10 minutes pointing at each other, pushing each other and everyone around them and trying everything to not have a brawl whilst also not wanting to back down from a brawl - we were laughing at them just because they were so ridiculous, it was pure comedy - but also if you were near them I can see why it might have been a bit alarming. Alcohol induced or not, their brains wont have been used for much in their lives other than reminding them not to chew bricks. Then walking out after the game, right at the exit a whole bunch of lads came rolling past me fighting - there cant have been any away fans as the road was blocked and they were coming out the same way that I was, a good 10-12 police were on them straight away as it was right in front of them and I saw one get shoved up against a police van. Just bizarre behaviour.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:18 pm

Marky Mark wrote:For me it wasn't anything other than just really overly weird - it was almost trying to cause trouble kind of behaviour. For the whole second half there were loads of fans congregated on the walkway behind the net across the width of the 18 yard box, and the ones that were below where I was sat/stood (teenage sort of age) spent the whole half trying to wind the stewards up, every time I glanced down from the game there was someone videoing a steward or shouting at them or trying to goad them - they cannot have seen any of the game - a few times a senior steward was called over and they just got goaded too. Then there were the two guys - they looked older than me and I'm 50 - who spent a good 5-10 minutes pointing at each other, pushing each other and everyone around them and trying everything to not have a brawl whilst also not wanting to back down from a brawl - we were laughing at them just because they were so ridiculous, it was pure comedy - but also if you were near them I can see why it might have been a bit alarming. Alcohol induced or not, their brains wont have been used for much in their lives other than reminding them not to chew bricks. Then walking out after the game, right at the exit a whole bunch of lads came rolling past me fighting - there cant have been any away fans as the road was blocked and they were coming out the same way that I was, a good 10-12 police were on them straight away as it was right in front of them and I saw one get shoved up against a police van. Just bizarre behaviour.

Obviously as I was sat 10 yards from you I saw the same thing (though we don't always see the same game ;) ). I think the one who first started the steward goading was the bloke in red, as the OP says, probably close to 30 years old. Then others joined in for literally no reason - the stewards were doing nothing, as you said, it was bizarre but nonetheless disgraceful behaviour that should not be condoned by any Stags fan. We must have got out just before you Mark because we didn't see the fighting but could tell it was about to kick off so made a hasty retreat to where we parked our car. It's shameful and unacceptable and we as a club would be far better off if this minority of trouble causers stayed at home. In fact, they spoil it for the other lads who do want to sing and enjoy the game, who then get tarred with the same brush or worse get peer pressured into joining in.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby PostmanPat » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:20 pm

No alcohol, no drugs, no pyros, no swearing…

What’s next no loud chanting?
PostmanPat
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:43 pm

Your ability to read stuff that isn't there in this thread is remarkable
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:49 pm

Dan wrote:

Whatever has happened beforehand it’s Really poor from the copper, makes him look like a thug with a uniform on.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:45 pm

It's a Mansfield copper n all.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:50 pm

Conker wrote:
Dan wrote:

Whatever has happened beforehand it’s Really poor from the copper, makes him look like a thug with a uniform on.

A lot of them are sadly but this one is one of the best we’ve got. Something must’ve kicked off for him to do that.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:00 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Pretty poor behaviour and it should be stamped on but if anyone thinks it’s worse than the 70s and 80s either has limited memory or wasn’t there.

Nobody is suggesting it is worse than the 70s and 80s. The issue is that clubs are working hard to make football grounds a family friendly day out and a small minority of fans seem hellbent on destroying that.
Maybe it is an undercurrent in society at the moment, but I won't get into that or we will be moved to the politics forum, but for me the football 'experience' has gone backwards in recent years.
20 years ago I was taking my 8 year old son to away games, I'm not sure I would want to be doing that now.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:24 pm

You're right Dave, I think it's definitely worse than 20 years ago, but not as bad as the 70s and 80s due mainly to increased security in and around grounds.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:34 pm

Costastag wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Many seem to either forget or not realize altogether that alot of our large following away days have a number of fans/ members of firms of other clubs there that have ties to a few of our own fans. They're not Stags fans and are primarily there for the sesh and to cause problems. It's no coincidence we're seeing a rise of them now that banning orders from the MK Dons match are being rolled back.
What a load of bull yesterdays tickets barely made general sale

Sorry, I forgot you're an expert on every facet of the terrace going on's.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:57 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Pretty poor behaviour and it should be stamped on but if anyone thinks it’s worse than the 70s and 80s either has limited memory or wasn’t there.

Nobody is suggesting it is worse than the 70s and 80s. The issue is that clubs are working hard to make football grounds a family friendly day out and a small minority of fans seem hellbent on destroying that.
Maybe it is an undercurrent in society at the moment, but I won't get into that or we will be moved to the politics forum, but for me the football 'experience' has gone backwards in recent years.
20 years ago I was taking my 8 year old son to away games, I'm not sure I would want to be doing that now.

We have become a very selfish society plagued by petty & not so petty antisocial behaviour.

The pyros are a classic example of how it manifests at football. The raspberries who let these things off do not give a toss how they negatively affect other people, they don't even care what impact it has on the players, who must love gulping a lungfull of smoke.

The worst thing of all is, it looks so naff. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:04 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
Costastag wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Many seem to either forget or not realize altogether that alot of our large following away days have a number of fans/ members of firms of other clubs there that have ties to a few of our own fans. They're not Stags fans and are primarily there for the sesh and to cause problems. It's no coincidence we're seeing a rise of them now that banning orders from the MK Dons match are being rolled back.

No its the simplest observation in the world stockport tickets sold out before the so called firms muscled in on the action you really need to grow up
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:21 pm

Absolutely … and while the behaviour of some of our fans wasn’t great the attitude and behaviour of Stockport fans outside wasn’t great either -see their forum .
They have a reputation and were visible before and after.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:06 pm

Costastag wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
Costastag wrote:

No its the simplest observation in the world stockport tickets sold out before the so called firms muscled in on the action you really need to grow up

Sorry again for my view. Clearly people without a season ticket could never have got a ticket on the back of someone that has one but couldn't, or had no intention of attending. That could never happen.

#growup
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Retro rob » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:46 pm

PostmanPat wrote:No alcohol, no drugs, no pyros, no swearing…

Should be zero tolerance on drugs anywhere, Wembley way stank of it, why has football authorities allowed this to escalate?
Retro rob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:43 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
Costastag wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
Costastag wrote:

Sorry again for my view. Clearly people without a season ticket could never have got a ticket on the back of someone that has one but couldn't, or had no intention of attending. That could never happen.

#growup

Clearly they can but you insinuate it’s routine which quite clearly it’s not.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:47 pm

Retro rob wrote:
PostmanPat wrote:No alcohol, no drugs, no pyros, no swearing…

Should be zero tolerance on drugs anywhere, Wembley way stank of it, why has football authorities allowed this to escalate?

Boring
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum