{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lucas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: LUCAS AKINS

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:26 pm

lifestags wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I get what you're saying but why go to so much effort to get him to stay? Only to not give him much of a chance.

We can't afford to rule out 2 of our 5 centre half options (Hewitt, Harbottle, Hawkins, JJOT and Perch) the backup candidates are Clarke, Wallace, Bowery, Macca and probably Akins. Hands up who likes those options for CB?

The issue is (only my opinion of course) is that Perch and O'toole were affective in a 4 at the back, now they are being asked to play LCB or RCB of a 3 which means they have to cover their full backs and get left in a 1-1 situation and that is where they struggle. I agree that we cant afford to not use them, this is why he is shoehorning Akins and Bowery at Wing back rather then Hewitt.

I get what you mean. Apologies. I actually agree with what you say about perch and o'toole. Perch would be OK at RCB, he's played right back, centre back and holding midfield in his career. He's experiences enough to adjust. But they suffer form the same problem Hewitt and Harbottle have at LCB, that they are right footed.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:48 pm

It would be better for everyone it akins didn’t start tomorrow, of course if he starts (which u assume he will) i wish him all the best.

The fact is the best isn’t happening and the tactics deployed by clough on tuesday made the matter worse.

It would make sense for swan and hawkins to start uptop.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:46 pm

We have interesting and potentially very exciting front partnerships we should be trying at home especially… Hawkins and Swan, Bowery and Swan, have Bowery and Hawkins played together? Hawkins and Lapslie even…
It seems criminal and like we are just handicapping ourselves game after game with negative formations with Akins as the spearhead…
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby pemill » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:12 am

Good clearance from him yesterday, did so well to get it so high over the bar - oh, hold on that was us attacking :roll:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:45 am

pemill wrote:Good clearance from him yesterday, did so well to get it so high over the bar - oh, hold on that was us attacking :roll:

The Manager probably wasn't watching at that moment, so never fear he'll be the first name on the sheet on Tuesday :D
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Hon Sec » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:51 am

We have some cracking supporters.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stag324 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:58 am

Of course he will start and unless injured stay on the pitch for 85 mins minimum, it’s in his contract don’t you know
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:06 am

Its what i expect from Lucas, sadly. :o
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:55 am

poor lad needs some time out, he can’t hit a barn door with a banjo atm

he’s a confidence player & hasn’t got any, it’s gotta be time to give him a rest for his own sake if nothing else
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:10 am

Hon Sec wrote:We have some cracking supporters.

They are entitled to their opinions and the glaring miss, for that is what it is, was, and always will be. Is something that they are allowed to comment on.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:29 am

I have just watched the F-A cup highlights and have counted 34 glaring misses and then could not be bothered.
So what is new.
Try watching Premier league it is full of glaring mistakes this is all part of football.
The game is over move on
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:42 am

bear 73 wrote:I have just watched the F-A cup highlights and have counted 34 glaring misses and then could not be bothered.
So what is new.
Try watching Premier league it is full of glaring mistakes this is all part of football.
The game is over move on

Game changing misses?
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:52 am

stag324 wrote:
bear 73 wrote:I have just watched the F-A cup highlights and have counted 34 glaring misses and then could not be bothered.
So what is new.
The game is over move on

Game changing misses?

Was yesterdays game changing?
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:52 am

So what is new.
The game is over move on

Have you checked their messageboards/social media pages to see if any of their fans are complaining? Considering that's the issue here. Glaring misses happen all the time in football, that's not really up for debate. The issue, apparently, is people aren't allowed to bring them up, seemingly if it's lucas Akins doing it. Like we are the only club supporters ever in the history of football to criticise our own player for a bad miss. I don't buy it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:07 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
So what is new.
The game is over move on

Have you checked their messageboards/social media pages to see if any of their fans are complaining? Considering that's the issue here. Glaring misses happen all the time in football, that's not really up for debate. The issue, apparently, is people aren't allowed to bring them up, seemingly if it's lucas Akins doing it. Like we are the only club supporters ever in the history of football to criticise our own player for a bad miss. I don't buy it.

But there's 11 pages here plus multiple other posts littered across pretty much every matchday thread, pretty much exclusively slating one of our own players.

The sheer nastiness of some of those posts and some of those posters is getting beyond a joke.

If it were me or the other not proper fan doing the slating of someone or something connected with the club we'd be getting destroyed. We get destroyed for praising things as it is!!!

Proper fans.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:04 pm

Thing is broomo. He isn't the first player to have a thread like this and he won't be the last. Bowery had one a couple of seasons ago (before Clough became manager) where he was called a traffic cone. Threads were littered with "like playing with 10 men" etc etc.

If you expecting football supporters to not have a strong opinion on something then you are mistaken. I have views that would be seen as a "hot take" that I keep to myself. Others choose not to. This thread has been active since the end of August so 2 and a bit months. It's also been merged at least once. If I were to split the last merge we'd be on the 3rd page since 16th October. This is a link to that first post of the new thread which is praise. viewtopic.php?p=974938#p974938 mostly praise following that as well.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:20 pm

But let's be fair broomo. Akins' has.only.got an 11 page thread because his form has been consistently poor over several games. It's not a one off.

His best game this season was Doncaster away, since then he's been anonymous at best I'm afraid. Pulled off a good cross Vs Walsall after a.match being largely ineffective.

I became slightly anxious about our chances this season when Clough was asked about our lack of striker options he stated that he saw Akins and Lapslie as strikers so disagreed we were short.

I much prefer Akins as a wing back personally and think the role Clough has asked him to do is a bit unfair. Just cant get why JB9 plays wingback when he plays and Akins plays as a.forward. I'd prefer them swapped over.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:25 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:But let's be fair broomo. Akins' has.only.got an 11 page thread because his form has been consistently poor over several games. It's not a one off.

His best game this season was Doncaster away, since then he's been anonymous at best I'm afraid. Pulled off a good cross Vs Walsall after a.match being largely ineffective.

I became slightly anxious about our chances this season when Clough was asked about our lack of striker options he stated that he saw Akins and Lapslie as strikers so disagreed we were short.

I much prefer Akins as a wing back personally and think the role Clough has asked him to do is a bit unfair. Just cant get why JB9 plays wingback when he plays and Akins plays as a.forward. I'd prefer them swapped over.

He scored against Gillingham too away didn't he? I know someone's just gonna go 'Wow oNe GoAL'

I think you might be the only person who prefers Akins at wing back :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:31 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:But let's be fair broomo. Akins' has.only.got an 11 page thread because his form has been consistently poor over several games. It's not a one off.

He scored against Gillingham too away didn't he? I know someone's just gonna go 'Wow oNe GoAL'

You're quite right. He scored a penalty at Gillingham. The above still applies.

IMO Akins is a better wingback than he is a centre forward.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:27 pm

I'd rather Akins at wing back than Bowery.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:10 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

It wasn’t a penalty, he missed the penalty.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:59 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

GET OFF THE LAD’S BACK!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:16 pm

I WAS CORRECTING A MISTAKE!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:35 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

GET OFF THE LAD’S BACK!

;) Yes he is still settling in :D Remember we are pulling in the same direction ;) UP UP UP :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:53 pm

I’d like to think the majority of fans want Akins to do well but currently he is struggling to find any form.

At present he isn’t even average, he is poor most of the time.

We currently have better options but NC is sticking by him,
No matter what which is totally wrong as it just brings more pressure onto his shoulders.

He needs dropping
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum