{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lucas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lucas

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:06 pm

He had a good game today and the goal and brilliant assist were worthy of man of the match. Let's hope he keeps it up.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:08 pm

If you can't see what Lucas brings to our team when he's played in the right position then maybe football isn't for you.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby bex » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:30 pm

Yep,he had a top game today,all credit to the lad
"Who's the most intelligent"
Otis-"Me,without a shadow of doubt,next question"
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:32 pm

Thought when their goalie saves that effort of his first half it was going to be one of those days for him, but no he came good.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:21 pm

Agree, he had a run of awful misses and wonder clearances last season which clearly affected his confidence and so I did worry when the keeper saved it / it smashed him in the head
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:04 am

Marky Mark wrote:If you can't see what Lucas brings to our team when he's played in the right position then maybe football isn't for you.

Very well put sniping our own players is not clever, it just puts a barrier between the players and fans.
And to be fair the fans at games have been brilliant
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:28 am

I think a bit of humble pie needs eating by some folk
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:09 am

part time pete wrote:I think a bit of humble pie needs eating by some folk

Whilst some of the criticism has been OTT, I do think he'd admit himself that he's hardly pulled up any trees since his arrival.

I think most fans want him to do well, I mean you'd have to be an imbecile to want one of your own players to struggle.

Speaking of which, shout out to the removed in IGU K Block shouting 'Gerr'im off he's flipping useless' at Hiram Boateng as he hobbled off inhured yesterday.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:44 am

Lucas played well yesterday, took his goal excellently and the involvement in Swans goal was superb.

The fact he gets a thread every time he does play well though sort of answers the question as to his form whilst he’s been here.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby jeevesthestag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:35 am

There were still a group sat behind me who were scoffing when he was made MOM.
jeevesthestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Conker » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:41 am

He was brilliant but if anyone wants to pretend he hasn’t done it enough then that’s on you. Got to see more of Akins at that standard.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:46 am

jeevesthestag wrote:There were still a group sat behind me who were scoffing when he was made MOM.

That speaks volumes about them because (like Wallace last time out) he stood out because he basically got everything right and didn't have any silly mistakes or go missing.

I have been a happy clapper about Akins but it has been hard to defend him at times. I desperately hope he now goes on a run of good form as it feels like he is a confidence player
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:02 am

Be interested to see our PPG with and without him, he does a lot that goes unseen IMO, Oates running around at 100mph but ultimately achieving little seems to play better than hard work on the physical side
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:35 am

He should be praised when he’s good and called out when he isn’t. I’m very glad that he’s put in a great performance yesterday. To dismiss those who have criticised him is not fair though. At Sutton and Crawley he couldn’t trap a bag of cement so let’s not make out he’s played like De Bruyne since he came. I really hope he continues in the current vein of form
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby TheMyTStags » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:39 am

wayno cordiniho wrote:Be interested to see our PPG with and without him, he does a lot that goes unseen IMO, Oates running around at 100mph but ultimately achieving little seems to play better than hard work on the physical side

He's played 20 games, with a return of 34 points (1.7 ppg).
In the other 7 games we've picked up 8 points (1.14 ppg).
When he's started up front, we've got 28 points from 14 games (2 ppg).
6 points from 6 when he's started RWB or came off of the bench (1 ppg).
Arguably title form when he starts up top, play off form when he plays, lower mid table when he doesn't
(Note, this is assuming he played up front against stevenage, I didn't go so don't remember, otherwise the ppg with him up top would be even higher)
TheMyTStags
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Elkesley Stag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:55 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:
jeevesthestag wrote:There were still a group sat behind me who were scoffing when he was made MOM.

That speaks volumes about them because (like Wallace last time out) he stood out because he basically got everything right and didn't have any silly mistakes or go missing.

I have been a happy clapper about Akins but it has been hard to defend him at times. I desperately hope he now goes on a run of good form as it feels like he is a confidence player

Strangely enough both Akins and Wallace were candidates for M.O.M when played in a more natural position.
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:09 am

The only issue is that Wallace was up for man of the match against Crewe in a totally different position :D
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:16 am

TheMyTStags wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:Be interested to see our PPG with and without him, he does a lot that goes unseen IMO, Oates running around at 100mph but ultimately achieving little seems to play better than hard work on the physical side

Arguably title form when he starts up top, play off form when he plays, lower mid table when he doesn't
(Note, this is assuming he played up front against stevenage, I didn't go so don't remember, otherwise the ppg with him up top would be even higher)

Akins was RWB against Stevenage.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby AshoverStag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:48 am

All I’ll say is I had Lucas to score in the predictions section :lol:
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:50 am

bellwhiff wrote:He should be praised when he’s good and called out when he isn’t. I’m very glad that he’s put in a great performance yesterday. To dismiss those who have criticised him is not fair though. At Sutton and Crawley he couldn’t trap a bag of cement so let’s not make out he’s played like De Bruyne since he came. I really hope he continues in the current vein of form

The criticism is overdone and constant whining and criticism doesn’t help anyone. I don’t think he’s played well at times but booing your own players is out of order. Just my opinion
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:34 pm

I thought Wallace was really good too yesterday, he’s a more than capable cover for Macca at left back
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:39 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I thought Wallace was really good too yesterday, he’s a more than capable cover for Macca at left back

He did ok in duels but could’ve given away a pen in the first half (I thought it was) and was caught out of position numerous times. He did produce a very good last ditch tackle as well.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:49 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:I thought Wallace was really good too yesterday, he’s a more than capable cover for Macca at left back

He did ok in duels but could’ve given away a pen in the first half (I thought it was) and was caught out of position numerous times. He did produce a very good last ditch tackle as well.

He was a very lucky boy with that penalty shout. If was a Donny fan I'd have been raging that it wasn't given.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby St Hilary Stag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:34 pm

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He was a very lucky boy with that penalty shout. If was a Donny fan I'd have been raging that it wasn't given.

i agree .. i thought Wallace lacked pace running back & was lucky to escape a penalty call ( must have got a toe on the ball )
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby TheMyTStags » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:23 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
TheMyTStags wrote:

Akins was RWB against Stevenage.

In which case its 27 from 13 with him up front, 2.08 ppg, would see us finish on 96 points over a season. Orients ppg is 2.04 at the moment.
TheMyTStags
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum