{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

tickets for Doncaster home game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: tickets for Doncaster home game

Postby Amberheart » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:16 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Amberheart wrote:
Retro rob wrote:Currently stags have sold over 5,400 and rovers over 1,600. So with on the day sales should be a crowd of nearly 8,000 I reckon.

Our official capacity is lower than that due to restrictions

No. See my post above.

Martin Shaw wrote:Worth remembering that the capacity in the home stands for a game which is not all ticket for home fans is 6400

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2019 ... stevenage/

I doubt we will reach that.

But if we did get close to it, I wouldn't rule out it being switched to all ticket, as Cunno says

Thanks Martin I got that wrong , apologies to retro rob
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:18 am

Martin Shaw wrote:Worth remembering that the capacity in the home stands for a game which is not all ticket for home fans is 6400

But if we did get close to it, I wouldn't rule out it being switched to all ticket, as Cunno says
We have been getting 6000 home fans for routine games this season which is magnificent. Surely it is not to big a stretch to sell 400 more for a local...ish derby. If it goes all ticket we are looking at 8k for a regular home league game.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:37 am

In the article it said we had sold out but 46 disabled tickets remained. Is that 46 disabled and 46 carer tickets meaning there could be an extra 92 seats. Or is it 46 more disabled tickets with a potential for 23 disabled and 23 carer tickets?

Just wondering because we sold 6,407 tickets with either 46 or 92 left (granted they are disabled tickets either max capacity is 6,453 or 6,505. Obviously we can't sell disabled tickets to non-disabled supporters.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:22 am

ST4GS wrote:

We have been getting 6000 home fans for routine games this season which is magnificent. Surely it is not to big a stretch to sell 400 more for a local...ish derby. If it goes all ticket we are looking at 8k for a regular home league game.

well hopefully we will
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby victor A block » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:47 am

I would say in practice in terms of being able to buy a ticket it is lower than that. For the Gillingham game for example.
In the Ian Greaves stand only approx 30 tickets are made available for A Block (Quarry Lane end). None for H Block at the North Stand end. None for J in the upper tier (Quarry Lane End). These are 3 blocks that are always 75% empty on a matchday. Thats why we never go over 8000 in total.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:16 am

victor A block wrote:

I would say in practice in terms of being able to buy a ticket it is lower than that. For the Gillingham game for example.
In the Ian Greaves stand only approx 30 tickets are made available for A Block (Quarry Lane end). None for H Block at the North Stand end. None for J in the upper tier (Quarry Lane End). These are 3 blocks that are always 75% empty on a matchday. Thats why we never go over 8000 in total.

Remember for a game that is not all-ticket, only about 90% of capacity can be sold. 10% cannot be sold. That is 10% for a complete stand. Not 10% for each block.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Retro rob » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:24 pm

Stags now sold over 5,600, how long before it's made all ticket?
Retro rob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chris M » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:40 pm

Not sure why they are so secretive in announcing accurate attendance figures. Perhaps in future they won’t be announced at all. A bit like transfer fees!
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:41 pm

Retro rob wrote:Stags now sold over 5,600, how long before it's made all ticket?

I would guess it needs to get close to 6400
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:17 pm

1700 Donkeys coming.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:55 pm

yorkstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:The clear fake attendances that are announced are really embarrassing. It’s not an attendance if someone doesn’t attend. There’s a clue in the word.

No it’s not … it’s not unreasonable to assume if someone has bought a ticket they will attend. They aren’t fake or embarrassing.

I have a ticket but won't be attending. I won't even be in the same country as Field Mill.
But I will be counted as having "attended", even though my seat will be empty. I'm not going to be the only one in that position.

When we look at record attendances, or other records related to attendance stats, from this season we don't have the figures to be compared with previous seasons.

If they simply changed to advertising "tickets sold", then it would make sense. But they insist on sticking to "attendance", even though the figures given are always going to be wrong.
Perhaps the best compromise for football statistics fans is to take the so-called "attendance" stat, cut it by (say) 5% and round it down to the nearest 100, to give an estimated approximate attendance.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:34 pm

Bradders wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:The clear fake attendances that are announced are really embarrassing. It’s not an attendance if someone doesn’t attend. There’s a clue in the word.

No it’s not … it’s not unreasonable to assume if someone has bought a ticket they will attend. They aren’t fake or embarrassing.

I have a ticket but won't be attending. I won't even be in the same country as Field Mill.
But I will be counted as having "attended", even though my seat will be empty. I'm not going to be the only one in that position.

When we look at record attendances, or other records related to attendance stats, from this season we don't have the figures to be compared with previous seasons.

If they simply changed to advertising "tickets sold", then it would make sense. But they insist on sticking to "attendance", even though the figures given are always going to be wrong.
Perhaps the best compromise for football statistics fans is to take the so-called "attendance" stat, cut it by (say) 5% and round it down to the nearest 100, to give an estimated approximate attendance.

There are always people who attend and watch the game who never are counted, folk who are employed at the ground and don’t buy a ticket. Surely they should be counted in the ‘attendance’
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:44 pm

You've made this point before I think Pete, the attendance is those attending the match, the ones you refer to are attending work :D

It's a nonsense and to me appears to be an exercise in claiming attendances are higher than they actually are, for some reason. Makes a change from the Haslam days I suppose!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:45 pm

Not sure what team he will pick but i would put my house on it being a 451 formation for most of the game
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:58 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MansfieldMick » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:31 am

Doesn't look like its going to be made all ticket so they will be available tomorrow. Expect a few more being sold tomorrow and the crowd being 7500+. Not bad at all.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Retro rob » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:52 pm

Why don't people get it? If the ticket is sold it can't be resold and therefore the crowd is tickets sold, you can't sell a ticket on the off chance some won't show!
Ps, stags sold 5,800+, Donny 1,700+. So crowd already guaranteed 7,500+ without late sales and walk up. You stags!
Retro rob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:25 pm

Retro rob wrote:Why don't people get it? If the ticket is sold it can't be resold and therefore the crowd is tickets sold, you can't sell a ticket on the off chance some won't show!
Ps, stags sold 5,800+, Donny 1,700+. So crowd already guaranteed 7,500+ without late sales and walk up. You stags!

Yes Rob, why don't people get it - it's really simple.

A ticket sold does not equate to the individual attendance, folk have already mentioned in the thread they've a ST but can't attend but are being counted so therefore using that method for attendances it's factually incorrect/inaccurate while also misleading.

As you say, really simple :D
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:43 pm

Retro rob wrote:Why don't people get it? If the ticket is sold it can't be resold and therefore the crowd is tickets sold, you can't sell a ticket on the off chance some won't show!

But that won't be the "crowd" will it? The "crowd" will probably be around 7,000, which is still a great actual attendance and zero chance of a cuppa at half time. Don't forget most of these empty seats aren't "sold" tickets but free child ones not used.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:34 pm

I'm a ST holder. I'm not attending, but I will be counted in the attendance.

Nowadays they read out 'tickets sold' as an attendance. It's not an attendance. The attendance is (should technically be) those who are present and attended the game, IE, used their ticket.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:49 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Costastag wrote::lol: :lol: Does my i follow season pass count ,

Probably.

If so then I'm counted twice.

But im legit im not transporting mesen :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Ralphy » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:03 pm

Can’t believe this many people care about the attendance figures!!!!!!!!
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby zod » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:22 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:I'm a ST holder. I'm not attending, but I will be counted in the attendance.

Nowadays they read out 'tickets sold' as an attendance. It's not an attendance. The attendance is (should technically be) those who are present and attended the game, IE, used their ticket.

Maybe they should state how many tickets were sold rather than calling it attendance
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:38 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:39 am

Over 7900 sold, should tick past 8000 with on the day sales
Last edited by BH_Stag on Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum