{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough & Louis Reed press Conference Mon 23 Jan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clough & Louis Reed press Conference Mon 23 Jan

Postby AshoverStag » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:57 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Hawkins and Lapslie in interviews when asked what was their aim this season they both replied promotion.
Then joined a club bottom of league 2 in January,
No surprise for Clough if other clubs pay more its hard to keep players.
He always runs a tight squad, keeps unhappy players to a minimum.
It also give quality over quantity

Perhaps they think that neither club will gain promotion this season and Gillingham have the best chance next year. They will have far better insight into what’s going on while we can only guess.

I do think though that both have moved for financial and location reasons.

Adding to the Gillingham having a better chance next season and more money comment above

I’d say both players can’t lose.

If Gillingham go down, they will both be picked up by L1 or L2 sides for next season. As will others

Also I can’t see a problem with out/in NC and Mansfield activity

Reed - The CDM we needed or CM who can defend. On paper. Maris/Clarke/Reed ….quality

I can’t see why quantity beats quality. And quality in the right natural position we have needed

NC has done a good job and business here in my opinion

If there was a luxury of another coming in. Striker needed, but I think NC is holding faith Oates will re find form

From his interview Reed looks confident and ready to get stuck in. Sometimes a team just needs a few key new players in key areas that can transform a team.
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:31 pm

AshoverStag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Hawkins and Lapslie in interviews when asked what was their aim this season they both replied promotion.
Then joined a club bottom of league 2 in January,
No surprise for Clough if other clubs pay more its hard to keep players.
He always runs a tight squad, keeps unhappy players to a minimum.
It also give quality over quantity

Perhaps they think that neither club will gain promotion this season and Gillingham have the best chance next year. They will have far better insight into what’s going on while we can only guess.

I do think though that both have moved for financial and location reasons.

Adding to the Gillingham having a better chance next season and more money comment above

I’d say both players can’t lose.

If Gillingham go down, they will both be picked up by L1 or L2 sides for next season. As will others

Also I can’t see a problem with out/in NC and Mansfield activity

Reed - The CDM we needed or CM who can defend. On paper. Maris/Clarke/Reed ….quality

I can’t see why quantity beats quality. And quality in the right natural position we have needed

NC has done a good job and business here in my opinion

If there was a luxury of another coming in. Striker needed, but I think NC is holding faith Oates will re find form

From his interview Reed looks confident and ready to get stuck in. Sometimes a team just needs a few key new players in key areas that can transform a team.

I agree with that and believe the areas addressed are the key ones to us succeeding this season. We should be able to play much more on the front foot without worrying so much about conceding. The signing of Reed should allow Maris more freedom and I can see him getting at least another 5 goals before the season ends. We are already well up in the goals for table and if only one more is to come in, I would prefer a good back up defender who can fill in across the back.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:50 pm

Our Nigel in the telegraph talking about forest in the glory days and us currently.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ottingham/
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby frt1987 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:07 pm

Has anything been said about Maris’ suspension on Saturday if it has been appealed at all. Surely we would have a good chance of getting it overturned but have not heard if we have tried to do this.
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby StagsFan83 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:27 pm

We have the money. The space in the squad. Why is Clough not adding more? Next season will be twice a hard
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:32 pm

frt1987 wrote:Has anything been said about Maris’ suspension on Saturday if it has been appealed at all. Surely we would have a good chance of getting it overturned but have not heard if we have tried to do this.

We did not appeal it. So Maris will be suspended against Doncaster
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:48 pm

StagsFan83 wrote:We have the money. The space in the squad. Why is Clough not adding more? Next season will be twice a hard
Maybe the player (s) he wants isn' available at the right price. If DJ makes a move? I think another will come in.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum