{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts Senior Cup

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Notts Senior Cup

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:59 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Notts Co / Notts Senior Cup / 22 Nov

Postby CraigStag » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:31 pm

They should show it on the YouTube channel.
CraigStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

County Away

Postby Kernow » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:47 am

Is the game pay on the gate. 7.00 ko.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:15 am

yes

Tickets can only be purchased at the turnstiles on the night of the game.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Kernow » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:18 am

Thanks
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:36 am

Will go to this, be interesting to see how Rhys does.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:16 am

Need fredder for this ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:35 pm

Is it everyone sit in the main stand rather than opening the away end? Could be some trouble.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:25 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:13 pm

That actually looks like a reasonable and balanced team.

It will be interesting to see what type of team county put out. I wouldn’t think there will be many of their first team playing as surely they want to concentrate on the league. It’s probably their best chance to get back up this year and I wouldn’t think they would risk injuries in what is a nothing game.

Whatever they put out I hope we trounce them.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:22 pm

County have not got a game this Saturday
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:09 pm

Cannot understand why we’re using so many first team players in this meaningless game.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:24 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:58 pm

The Notts Xmas market in the centre is on, if you want to go early or after match :)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:54 pm

Is it everyone sit in the main stand rather than opening the away end? Could be some trouble.

It is just the Derek Pavis stand that is open. I cannot see it being a large crowd.
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:37 am

Be surprised if the gate breaks 1k,
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Walton Stag » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:34 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Cannot understand why we’re using so many first team players in this meaningless game.

According to the above interview, it appears the starting X1 will be,

Flinders.

Gordon Cooper O’Toole Page.

Carter Law Wallace .

Oates Swan Gayle.

All the first team players in that team are short of game time because of injury, illness etc and I think it is reasonable to play them in this fixture to try and improve their fitness levels. Which ones would you not play, Musings, and why?
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:05 am

Walton Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Cannot understand why we’re using so many first team players in this meaningless game.

Flinders.

Carter Law Wallace .

Oates Swan Gayle.

All the first team players in that team are short of game time because of injury, illness etc and I think it is reasonable to play them in this fixture to try and improve their fitness levels. Which ones would you not play, Musings, and why?

Gordon, O’Toole, Swan. I would also only give 45 mins max to Page, Wallace, Law and Oates.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby IAmTheStag » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:43 am

What’s happening with Curtis Davies? Seen that Cody Collins is now out on loan since recovering from a long injury and Jack Deakin is also out on loan but nothing on Davies unless I have missed it? These are the games I’d expect them to be involved with as first year pros.
IAmTheStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:54 pm

Is the game on the YouTube channel
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Walton Stag » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:13 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Walton Stag wrote:

Flinders.

Carter Law Wallace .

Oates Swan Gayle.

Gordon, O’Toole, Swan. I would also only give 45 mins max to Page, Wallace, Law and Oates.

I would suggest that the 3 players you would not include need some game time to get back to full match fitness. It is well documented that the three you would not play need game time. I think Swan is in contention for Saturday but not the other two. Why would you not give them game time in what you describe as a meaningless game? I really am interested in trying to understand why you would not play these three, even for 45 minutes.
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:33 pm

Walton Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Walton Stag wrote:

Flinders.

Carter Law Wallace .

Oates Swan Gayle.

I would suggest that the 3 players you would not include need some game time to get back to full match fitness. It is well documented that the three you would not play need game time. I think Swan is in contention for Saturday but not the other two. Why would you not give them game time in what you describe as a meaningless game? I really am interested in trying to understand why you would not play these three, even for 45 minutes.

Gordon - if we’re playing five at the back he should be starting on Saturday instead of Bowery, so he might be needed to start. He last played ten days ago, and has made 17 appearances this season, he doesn’t need match fitness.

O’Toole - has been playing with an injury for the whole season. I don’t see how playing him again at his age is going to be of any benefit to him.

Swan - he hurt his hand. He doesn’t need match fitness and he should be starting every meaningful game if fit.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Walton Stag » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:58 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Walton Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Walton Stag wrote:

Flinders.

Carter Law Wallace .

Oates Swan Gayle.

Gordon - if we’re playing five at the back he should be starting on Saturday instead of Bowery, so he might be needed to start. He last played ten days ago, and has made 17 appearances this season, he doesn’t need match fitness.

O’Toole - has been playing with an injury for the whole season. I don’t see how playing him again at his age is going to be of any benefit to him.

Swan - he hurt his hand. He doesn’t need match fitness and he should be starting every meaningful game if fit.

Thank you,Musings, for your reply. I understand your reasons now. I don’t necessarily agree with you but appreciate you taking the time to respond positively.
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:02 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Walton Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Walton Stag wrote:

Flinders.

Carter Law Wallace .

Oates Swan Gayle.

What injury does O'Toole have, I think I've missed that, I thought he was simply dropped?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:11 pm

Not seen anything reported
The One
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum