{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Turnstiles shambles

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Turnstiles shambles

Postby Random Hero » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:34 am

It’s nearly October and the situation trying to get into the ground is still an utter joke.

People with season tickets being told to go and queue in the rain for a paper ticket because their barcode doesn’t work... only for the paper ticket not to work.

It’s absolutely pathetic. Come on Stags. Sort it out. It makes me not want to bother
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
User avatar
Random Hero
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:35 pm
Location: Volksparkstadion

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby NIGEL » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:49 am

My season ticket (barcode) didn't work for the Wimbledon game and I got it changed to a season ticket with QR code and have no problem at the QLE since. There were a lot of people in front of me who did have problems last night with season ticket barcodes. I was equally frustrated that the turnstile opening advertised time of 6.30 was very close to 6.45 when it was raining as hard as it was.
NIGEL
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 9:42 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:04 am

A lot of things have improved at the stags and we are going in the right direction on and off the pitch and it’s great to see how many youngsters are now coming. The toilets , food kiosks and general facilities at the back of the stands are way below par compared to a lot of clubs..the kiosk queue went through the men’s toilets last night in the IGL and we had nowhere near the attendance that was quoted. My daughter was in the queue that weaved through the toilets only to get to the front and be told there was virtually nothing left . The comment from the staff was ( we didn’t expect this many people for a Friday night game ).
CassellsCap
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 752
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:04 pm

Got to ground at 6-45 and Apple wallet ticket didn’t scan, was told to go to ticket office, 7pm ticket office e- mailed us an E- Ticket version so back to the turnstile we went, 7-20 tried to get in and that wouldn’t scan so was told to go back to the ticket office again, by this point me and my son are soaking wet, 7-35 ticket office staff said we’re aware of the problem and have radioed the operators to let season ticket holders in now, 7-40 by this time the que for IG upper was going back past Sandys, and they was still not letting people in because apparently they had no message from ticket office to allow them in. Eventually they started letting them in and it was 8pm we got in, so a full 1 hour and 15 minutes trying to get in, absolutely pathetic shambles of a club, Tin pot at its best. I’m thinking of demanding my season ticket money back now and just go to away games, the whole home game experience of trying to get in is too much hassle and I can’t be bothered with this every game. I will go to the ground on Monday morning and demand an explanation and if it’s going to get sorted any time soon.
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:20 am

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby geoffhill » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:33 pm

A few weeks ago I went to the ticket office to get a card with a qr code on as I thought I would be able to enter more easily.The last two games the new card didn't work and I was let in by a turnstile operator who said I have to go back to the office and get another card.The club must sort this out asap as more people are getting pissed off.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby marksay » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:54 pm

The food kiosks are an utter joke in qle. I was in a Q for 30mins to be told by a bell ringer they only take cash. Sort this out club your leaking good money with very very poor staff
marksay
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:58 pm

No cash turnstiles yet can only pay cash at kiosk ???
CassellsCap
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 752
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby Random Hero » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:34 pm

Can the SSA please raise this with the club?
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
User avatar
Random Hero
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:35 pm
Location: Volksparkstadion

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby Random Hero » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:36 pm

Hitchcocks size 10s wrote:Got to ground at 6-45 and Apple wallet ticket didn’t scan, was told to go to ticket office, 7pm ticket office e- mailed us an E- Ticket version so back to the turnstile we went, 7-20 tried to get in and that wouldn’t scan so was told to go back to the ticket office again, by this point me and my son are soaking wet, 7-35 ticket office staff said we’re aware of the problem and have radioed the operators to let season ticket holders in now, 7-40 by this time the que for IG upper was going back past Sandys, and they was still not letting people in because apparently they had no message from ticket office to allow them in. Eventually they started letting them in and it was 8pm we got in, so a full 1 hour and 15 minutes trying to get in, absolutely pathetic shambles of a club, Tin pot at its best. I’m thinking of demanding my season ticket money back now and just go to away games, the whole home game experience of trying to get in is too much hassle and I can’t be bothered with this every game. I will go to the ground on Monday morning and demand an explanation and if it’s going to get sorted any time soon.


Horrendous experience for you. Why do we treat fans like this?
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
User avatar
Random Hero
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:35 pm
Location: Volksparkstadion

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby Conker » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:48 pm

Only 1 steward for entrance to the upper tier Q/P block etc - initially was two queues then just ended up a free for all and loads ended up coming in over 10 minutes after kick off it’s a joke.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3765
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:15 pm

It does seem that there are some obvious solutions for when there are turnstile issues whether they are software or hardware. If people have an obviously genuine ticket the stewards should have instructions to override the system and make a tally of those let through (e.g. ST or match day/ OAP, child,etc.). It seems from Hitchcock’s post that there is the ability to do this but needs instruction/ authorisation from the club.
I got in the queue for West stand upper north about 20 minutes before kick off (which is normally plenty of time) and missed about 3 minutes of the match.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:18 pm
Location: Northowram, Halifax

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby Jamie » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:36 pm

I've stopped giving the club my money for drinks and snacks for me and my boy... What used to cost me £10 and a long wait at the kiosk has been replaced with the same goods from the little shop round the corner for less than half the price.

I would be happy to pay the extra and buy from the club but the service is so slow they simply don't deserve it.

The turnstile situation is also bonkers in the QLE, 3 of the 4 open, so many people seem unable to hold the barcode in the right place. Then they don't spot the scanner border going green that its worked... all just leads to long delays and frustrated fans.

Oh and the smoking area isn't big enough, and seriously, people who bring there kids in there need to have a long look at themselves.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5214
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby bear 73 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:32 pm

When attendances rise flaws show up if their is a problem with the system, and im sure the club are aware of problems.
Growth is not easy and fans expect a easy access into the ground.
weather like Fridays rain highlights any problems.
We miss a concoarse where you can have refreshments out of the weather.
The more fans that come highlights any problems,
bear 73
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1579
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:01 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:16 pm

Call me sceptical, but I'm going to guess that Kaizan were the cheapest bid in the tender...
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7014
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:23 pm

So far I haven't had any issues with my ST.

Is the situation now that it's much easier to buy tickets, but you just can't get in the ground with them?

Against my better judgement I bought a sausage roll last night, it looked like it had been cooked with a flamethrower.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11998
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:27 pm

Sneag wrote:So far I haven't had any issues with my ST.

Is the situation now that it's much easier to buy tickets, but you just can't get in the ground with them?

Against my better judgement I bought a sausage roll last night, it looked like it had been cooked with a flamethrower.


You should be greatful you’re alive to tell the tale :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10126
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby BigGuy » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:40 pm

halifaxstag wrote: If people have an obviously genuine ticket the stewards should have instructions to override the system and make a tally of those let through (e.g. ST or match day/ OAP, child,etc.). It seems from Hitchcock’s post that there is the ability to do this but needs instruction/ authorisation from the club.


Last night when it didn’t work for my friend in front of me, the lady (quite clearly under pressure because of the queue outside) first said you need to go to the ticket office to sort it.

However the guy on the next entry point just said to her ‘let them in to keep it moving’.

Very much chaos but I thought the stewards were doing their best with a flawed system.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby Bradders » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:28 pm

I wondered why the turnstile operator made a "surprised" sound when my phone QR code let me through in one second. Must have been experiencing a lot of problems.
I don't doubt that there are issues, and I'm trying not to sound smug. But my QR code has worked faultlessly.

In case it helps others, I just have it downloaded onto the phone, then I get it centred in the display and magnified appropriately before holding it below the turnstile scanner. I scan it and go through without having to stop.
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4001
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby Stoney » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:54 pm

The QLE isn't fit for purpose when we have a big crowd. Turnstiles, food kiosks, smoking area etc... It's all a joke.

I'll always go to the Stags but I've heard people talking saying they're not going to bother next season. The club are upsetting the fans by not sorting issues which have been highlighted time and time again.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3791
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby The One » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:06 pm

Stoney wrote:The QLE isn't fit for purpose when we have a big crowd. Turnstiles, food kiosks, smoking area etc... It's all a joke.

I'll always go to the Stags but I've heard people talking saying they're not going to bother next season. The club are upsetting the fans by not sorting issues which have been highlighted time and time again.


The smoking area is to small and unsafe, too many people crammed in.
Kiosks just a joke, many complaining
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby scotsstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:29 pm

The One wrote:
Stoney wrote:The QLE isn't fit for purpose when we have a big crowd. Turnstiles, food kiosks, smoking area etc... It's all a joke.

I'll always go to the Stags but I've heard people talking saying they're not going to bother next season. The club are upsetting the fans by not sorting issues which have been highlighted time and time again.


The smoking area is to small and unsafe, too many people crammed in.
Kiosks just a joke, many complaining

All seems very counter productive when the club went to great measures reducing prices etc to get people in that end...
scotsstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:43 am
Location: SCOTLAND

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:42 pm

Bradders wrote:I wondered why the turnstile operator made a "surprised" sound when my phone QR code let me through in one second. Must have been experiencing a lot of problems.
I don't doubt that there are issues, and I'm trying not to sound smug. But my QR code has worked faultlessly.

In case it helps others, I just have it downloaded onto the phone, then I get it centred in the display and magnified appropriately before holding it below the turnstile scanner. I scan it and go through without having to stop.


You need to go on a "not trying to sound smug" course ;)

I have a normal season ticket and not once have I been able to get the green light of glory, every time the turnstile guy has had to shine it at precisely the right angle, 46.25 degrees. Then, once in, its a queue for the tea, allowing folk who want a piss to get through of course. It's not quite Wimbledon but to be fair it is proper tea.
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8894
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:33 am

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:10 pm

bear 73 wrote:When attendances rise flaws show up if their is a problem with the system, and im sure the club are aware of problems.
Growth is not easy and fans expect a easy access into the ground.
weather like Fridays rain highlights any problems.
We miss a concoarse where you can have refreshments out of the weather.
The more fans that come highlights any problems,



Any organisation expanding routinely checks systems and procedures, especially new ones, to show they can cope and adapt. It feels like the club don't do routine trials and testing phases and instead rely on it'll be alright on the night. We are 2 months into the season so if the club are aware of the problems why aren't they being resolved especially with the amount of available time between the current dearth of home games?? So many people are being inconvenienced repeatedly when actually one would be one too many with the aspirations that the Radfords and club have.

When was the last time "Diane" posted on the supporters suggestions thread even if just to acknowledge the frustrations and give feedback???
Chrisuknottm
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:25 pm

Is it just certain turnstiles that are raspberries? Walked upto lower tier QLE end of the West stand at 7.25 and was in within 2mins
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3689
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby Martian » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:03 pm

There was only one turnstile serving the IGU lefthand side when I got in on Friday - not the card or phone tickets that were the problem but presumably the turnstile scanners weren't working - pretty pathetic but at least it had stopped raining
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:51 pm
Location: South Scarle

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: stewartstag and 37 guests