{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:04 am

adamstag wrote:
Stoney wrote:
NEStag wrote:Very disappointed but I'm making myself feel better by reflecting that at 1 0 down with 5 to go at Crewe we'd have snatched your hand off for 4 points from these two games. We could easily have lost that Crewe game and won this and ended up with fewer points. (I know we still let a 2 0 lead slip).

Exactly what I said walking down Quarry Lane last night. I don't understand the meltdown.

Yes it's disappointing but I took lots of positives from last night. People need to chill out.

Akins is getting some right undeserved stick in this thread. I'm clearly on my own here but I thought he had a really good game.

You’re right, he did play pretty well.

Folk seem to be missing the issue was that he had little or no support throughout the game which at home to bottom of the league was criminal.

Adam you keep pushing this, but it’s not true. I’ve been back through the game this morning and there’s not one occasion where Akins is isolated in possession, not one.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:13 am

five to three wrote:Even if Akins has a good game he is not a natural goalscorer. It's like five at the back and five in midfield. Swan starts a game, plays brilliantly and doesn't start again!

Swan has started only six games and all our five defeats are when he has started.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:24 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Costastag wrote:It was a poor result against a poor team ,but we played some great football for the best part of it,mistakes were punished but we need to move on .I think swan has to start tonight ,but who do you drop to fit him in ?certainly not lapslie

How about Useless Akins??

Thats your opinion ,personally i see no point in slagging off our own players
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:40 pm

adamstag wrote:
Wil0211 wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Clough pathetic sticking with that raspberry up top.

The problem wasn’t at that end of the pitch but don’t miss a chance to have a go.

Yes it was Aikins was absolutely awful tonight and was bullied throughout by Meynasse

Whereas he wasn’t great , he had no support.

That’s cloughs fault. 1 uptop to bottom of the league is laughable

Yeah. Agree. See it coming. The personnel and formation went right for the fixture. Should have been out of sight.. We were also very complacent. Whatever reason you attribute to the draw, it ends with clough. Pathetic result unfortunately. Especially the manner of it.[/quote]

Ends with Clough? Are you for real? A manager can not be blamed because players can't do their job It was the missed chances and shocking defending that cost us the win. Was you moaning about Clough when we were 2.0 up and were dominating the game? We should of been 3.0 up at h.t. Missed more chances in the second half.. No doubt Clough fault and school boy errors at the back.

Like everyone, Im disappointed with the result but at least some have the sense to realise who the players were who cost us all three points and not blame the manager for something that was totally out of his hands..[/quote]

The manager never absolves himself from responsibility. Because a manager never playes, by your reckoning you could argue no manager ever deserve the sack, because its the players who play, not the manager.

The team selection was wrong. We missed hatfull of chances because we had the wrong players In the wrong place/formation. In defence we had a bad mentality. The manager failed to see it and and failed to respond directly to the changes Hartlepool made which made them marginally better, which we didn't handle.

We had a lot of the ball and weren't dangerous with it.

The manager needs to address this. I squarely blame him for last nights embarrassing capitulation, even if you don't.

I like clough, but I'm not a Clough fan boy and he deserves stick when his team fluff it up so drastically. Games like last night cost you over a season when you're aiming for top 3.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:59 pm

Terrible quoting technique AWC.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:02 pm

Rob wrote:Terrible quoting technique AWC.

Ha. I know reached its limit so I just deleted a couple.

Still fuming.

The only positive from last night is that it should give all the players a Russian nuke sized bomb under their arse that they will NEVER be allowed to forget it or let it happen again. Do your jobs lads.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:27 pm

My biggest worry watching us, is that simple ball over the top down Maccas left side. He and the left sided CB get caught out too easily.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:27 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:

Still fuming.

The only positive from last night is that it should give all the players a Russian nuke sized bomb under their arse that they will NEVER be allowed to forget it or let it happen again. Do your jobs lads.

:lol: And I thought I was still a bit annoyed.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:38 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Stoney wrote:
NEStag wrote:Very disappointed but I'm making myself feel better by reflecting that at 1 0 down with 5 to go at Crewe we'd have snatched your hand off for 4 points from these two games. We could easily have lost that Crewe game and won this and ended up with fewer points. (I know we still let a 2 0 lead slip).

Exactly what I said walking down Quarry Lane last night. I don't understand the meltdown.

Yes it's disappointing but I took lots of positives from last night. People need to chill out.

Akins is getting some right undeserved stick in this thread. I'm clearly on my own here but I thought he had a really good game.

Folk seem to be missing the issue was that he had little or no support throughout the game which at home to bottom of the league was criminal.

Adam you keep pushing this, but it’s not true. I’ve been back through the game this morning and there’s not one occasion where Akins is isolated in possession, not one.

Maybe you were watching a different game by mistake, or your interpretation is very different from mine and those around me last night - will be a case of agreeing to disagree.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:39 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:

Still fuming.

:lol: And I thought I was still a bit annoyed.

I think we all are.

Hopefully we learn from it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:47 pm

Anyone blaming the tactics is as daft as a brush.

Anyone blaming Akins is as daft as a brush, he played well.

Anyone blaming lack of subs is daft as a brush. We were ready to make changes around the 61 minute mark, he had the paper in his hand, then we give a ridiculous goal away and have to change plans. Which was really frustrating as before that point we were 100% in control of the game.

I like Riley a lot, he's whole hearted, full blooded and has a youthful enthusiasm which is infectious but...and it's a big but. He tries to win every challenge even when he doesn't need to and too often gets dragged too far upfield and ends up being under the ball while it sails over his head. He misjudges the flight of the ball at least once a game and it's caught us out on a number of occasions. He simply has got to learn when to check off and when to hold his position.

I'm absolutely devastated about last night, we should ALL be going into today's set of fixtures relaxed, happy and in 3rd knowing we've put pressure on those around us.

2 careless passages of play including one absolute horror show of a howler and the whole weekend is spoiled.

I take small consolation in the fact we're 5 unbeaten and have still taken 10 points from those 5 games but it's going to take a few days to get out of the bad mood last night put me in.

Forget whatever happens against Derby on Tuesday, we need to bounce back against Barrow to make sure last nights collapse doesn't have a chance to get into the players heads too much.

The last 2 seasons we've conceded a last minute goal to draw a game we should have smashed a team out of sight (Colchester x 2) has seen us have a mini collapse of form.

That can't happen again.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:49 pm

adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Maybe you were watching a different game by mistake, or your interpretation is very different from mine and those around me last night - will be a case of agreeing to disagree.

Yes it’s certainly very different, as is the match replay footage and all the screenshots I could show you of every single time the ball went up to Akins where he was surround by other Stags players. Was your seat facing the pitch? :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:55 pm

adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Stoney wrote:

We had 8 players whose average position was in the attacking half and almost 40% of play in the final third of the pitch. I don’t think Akins was isolated at all but got roughed up a bit by Mayenese without any protection from the referee.Despite this he had some very good touches and worked hard which made room for Lapslie in particular.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:58 pm

yeah :lol:

It mainly came to our attention in the first half when he won the ball and was pulled back by a hartlepool player who really should have been booked and there wasn’t anyone within 10 yards of him and went from there.

Akins did create some space and chances for lapslie at times, didn’t think the ref helped either, he didn’t give much.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:05 pm

broomo wrote:Anyone blaming the tactics is as daft as a brush.

Anyone blaming lack of subs is daft as a brush. We were ready to make changes around the 61 minute mark, he had the paper in his hand, then we give a ridiculous goal away and have to change plans. Which was really frustrating as before that point we were 100% in control of the game.

I like Riley a lot, he's whole hearted, full blooded and has a youthful enthusiasm which is infectious but...and it's a big but. He tries to win every challenge even when he doesn't need to and too often gets dragged too far upfield and ends up being under the ball while it sails over his head. He misjudges the flight of the ball at least once a game and it's caught us out on a number of occasions. He simply has got to learn when to check off and when to hold his position.

I'm absolutely devastated about last night, we should ALL be going into today's set of fixtures relaxed, happy and in 3rd knowing we've put pressure on those around us.

2 careless passages of play including one absolute horror show of a howler and the whole weekend is spoiled.

I take small consolation in the fact we're 5 unbeaten and have still taken 10 points from those 5 games but it's going to take a few days to get out of the bad mood last night put me in.

Forget whatever happens against Derby on Tuesday, we need to bounce back against Barrow to make sure last nights collapse doesn't have a chance to get into the players heads too much.

The last 2 seasons we've conceded a last minute goal to draw a game we should have smashed a team out of sight (Colchester x 2) has seen us have a mini collapse of form.

That can't happen again.

Here we go. Anyone who disagrees with Broomo is daft as a brush. :roll:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:13 pm

Sneag wrote:

That can't happen again.

Folk can disagree on any other point of the game but if they disagree on those 3 then yes.

We had 12 shots, 11 corners, had put in 25 crosses in the first half alone and were absolutely pummeling them.

The swing in the game had nowt to do with tactics, with lack of substitutions or with Akins.

Anyone who thinks it did is daft as a brush.

*edited to add, maybe it did have a little bit to do with Akins who missed an absolute sitter which he simply HAS to bury. He can't miss chances like that and escape criticism altogether. A shocking miss.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby YellaFella 75 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:52 pm

Stoney wrote:

As I said in my previous post he gets alot of undeserved stick, poeple find a target to pick on, used to be Bowery now it's Akins. Really frustrates me, what game are people watching they need to go to the game with an open mind but it won't happen.
YellaFella 75
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:18 pm

broomo wrote:
Sneag wrote:

That can't happen again.

Folk can disagree on any other point of the game but if they disagree on those 3 then yes.

We had 12 shots, 11 corners, had put in 25 crosses in the first half alone and were absolutely pummeling them.

The swing in the game had nowt to do with tactics, with lack of substitutions or with Akins.

Anyone who thinks it did is daft as a brush.

*edited to add, maybe it did have a little bit to do with Akins who missed an absolute sitter which he simply HAS to bury. He can't miss chances like that and escape criticism altogether. A shocking miss.

12 shots, 11 corners and 25 crosses mean absolutely zero if you don’t put the ball in the net. The game swung because Keith Curle worked us out and made changes accordingly, it really is as simple as that. Give the opposition some credit for changing it and proving they weren’t just there to gift us 3 points. Opposition managers can read games as well. Blueprint has been set out for the rest.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:27 pm

We didn’t win the game because of individual errors- not tactics , not substitutions, not anything Hartlepool did.

And Broomo’s earlier post is spot on despite the sarcastic response.

We go again
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:32 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Don’t just blame Harbottle. He should expect his covering centre half to have enough pace to at least make the attacker work for the goal. That wasn’t the case for either and was just too easy for a very average big lad of a forward.

I’ll not say anymore but just wait for the experts to tell me that the few of us are wrong about the defence.

This. Terrible error for their first goal from Harbottle and badly out of position for the second, but any kind of pace in our covering back line and the second doesn't result in a goal. We are just so slow in the centre of defence.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:36 pm

victor A block wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Don’t just blame Harbottle. He should expect his covering centre half to have enough pace to at least make the attacker work for the goal. That wasn’t the case for either and was just too easy for a very average big lad of a forward.

I’ll not say anymore but just wait for the experts to tell me that the few of us are wrong about the defence.

This. Terrible error for their first goal from Harbottle and badly out of position for the second, but any kind of pace in our covering back line and the second doesn't result in a goal. We are just so slow in the centre of defence.

Exactly and this is 100% down to the manager. Let's see if he fixes it in January, that was 2 points chucked away. As for Akins playing "well" :lol: :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:39 pm

yorkstag wrote:We didn’t win the game because of individual errors- not tactics , not substitutions, not anything Hartlepool did.

We go again

The goal scorer wasn’t even on the pitch at the start of the game so I think that shows that a change of tactics by Hartlepool did in fact contribute to the outcome somewhat.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:42 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:We didn’t win the game because of individual errors- not tactics , not substitutions, not anything Hartlepool did.

We go again

The goal scorer wasn’t even on the pitch at the start of the game so I think that shows that a change of tactics by Hartlepool did in fact contribute to the outcome somewhat.

Minor details :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:52 pm

We go again

They were both unforced errors but don’t let facts get in the way of a whine.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:53 pm

scotsstag wrote:

We go again

Minor details :lol:

See my response to the post - unforced errors were the issue but carry on whining
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum