{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby Costastag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:54 pm

Sometimes on here its easier to ignore some posters ,if you say what you honestly think you are labelled as stupid or anti ,whoever im finding it easier to keep quiet :mtfc:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:54 pm

Rob wrote:
victor A block wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Don’t just blame Harbottle. He should expect his covering centre half to have enough pace to at least make the attacker work for the goal. That wasn’t the case for either and was just too easy for a very average big lad of a forward.

I’ll not say anymore but just wait for the experts to tell me that the few of us are wrong about the defence.

This. Terrible error for their first goal from Harbottle and badly out of position for the second, but any kind of pace in our covering back line and the second doesn't result in a goal. We are just so slow in the centre of defence.

Exactly and this is 100% down to the manager. Let's see if he fixes it in January, that was 2 points chucked away. As for Akins playing "well" :lol: :lol:

They were errors nothing to do with pace .
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:56 pm

Costastag wrote:Sometimes on here its easier to ignore some posters ,if you say what you honestly think you are labelled as stupid or anti ,whoever im finding it easier to keep quiet :mtfc:

Good post - there are half a dozen whiners and moaners who shape the debate and whatever they say they love nights like last night. None of us are happy but what choice do we have - we go again
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:00 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:We didn’t win the game because of individual errors- not tactics , not substitutions, not anything Hartlepool did.

And Broomo’s earlier post is spot on despite the sarcastic response.

We go again

The goal scorer wasn’t even on the pitch at the start of the game so I think that shows that a change of tactics by Hartlepool did in fact contribute to the outcome somewhat.

They were both unforced errors but don’t let facts get in the way of a whine.

Of course they were unforced errors. If they were done on purpose somebody wants sacking. The point is that Curle saw the weakness and changed his style and personnel hoping to take advantage of any slips. Anyone who has watched us this season will have seen quite a number of similar incidents which haven’t resulted in goals. I’m not whining about the player but am actually supporting him. He’s a young lad being forced to play out of position (he’s right footed) because we failed to sign a left footed centre half. Together with Hewitt he is also having to provide any modicum of pace down the centre because there is none there to speak of. That is not his fault but some just can’t see it and continue to insist that everything is hunky dorey.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:03 pm

yorkstag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:We didn’t win the game because of individual errors- not tactics , not substitutions, not anything Hartlepool did.

And Broomo’s earlier post is spot on despite the sarcastic response.

We go again

The goal scorer wasn’t even on the pitch at the start of the game so I think that shows that a change of tactics by Hartlepool did in fact contribute to the outcome somewhat.

They were both unforced errors but don’t let facts get in the way of a whine.

Is Sandys reply not a statement of fact wee man???
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:03 pm

And we always will ,im not one of the fans who dissect every pass or failure to pick up thier supposed man ,i just watch the match and get on with what my eyes tell me ,analysis is not my forte ,thats why i pay to watch but my god we are playing some seriously good football
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:08 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Costastag wrote:Sometimes on here its easier to ignore some posters ,if you say what you honestly think you are labelled as stupid or anti ,whoever im finding it easier to keep quiet :mtfc:

Good post - there are half a dozen whiners and moaners who shape the debate and whatever they say they love nights like last night. None of us are happy but what choice do we have - we go again

So you think some Stags fans loved it when Hartlepool scored twice last night?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:19 pm

Can’t believe folk think Akins played ok. He missed a sitter, didn’t win a header all game, couldn’t hold the ball up, was absolutely bossed by their CB. Amazing how we all see the game differently.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:45 pm

Rob wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

No i certainly dont ,but some would over argue if the earth was round or flat
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:07 pm

We did not show our professionalism,, we gave away 2 points and we have to hope it does not come back to bite us.
We were never in a better position to win a game, some people did not do their jobs, game should have been over by half time.
Clough to blame , Wrong team, , Akins to blame, Play offs not good enough, one up front not good enough it was when we were 2-0 up.
Playing bottom of the league, Clough warned against complacency, as did Oates, but many of our fans took the result for granted.
Curle at 2_0 down just thrown the kitchen sink at it one long ball did it after 89 minutes, Just route one and this was their plan,.
Certainly a low point for us.
.Teams will come to frustrate us and entertainment will be the last thing on their mind.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:14 pm

Costastag wrote:
Rob wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

No i certainly dont ,but some would over argue if the earth was round or flat

I was asking yorkstag, it was he who made the ridiculous allegation. As for arguing, that's football, we all see the game differently and often I'm jealous at not being at the one others saw, I'd love to have been at the game where Akins played well and didn't miss a sitter :lol:

The earth's flat, everyone knows that!
Last edited by Rob on Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:19 pm

It were flat last night
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:30 pm

So basically 2 individual errors cost us. Harbottle misjudged a backpass and Akins, Burton's leading all time goalscorer, cant find the target from 6 yards out.

People blame Harbottle for the 2nd but he's where he's supposed to be and in line with his fellow defenders and the ball was over the defensive line, they wanted it more. Hawkins actually tries to shoulder barge the lad off the ball but wasn't strong enough.

Or maybe Harbottle was blinded by the floodlights and couldn't judge the flight of the ball properly :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:28 pm

I think Pym could’ve done better for the second goal as well. His starting position wasn’t right and he should’ve engaged quicker. It may or may not have made a difference, but generally he’s been excellent so hard to be too critical.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby YellaFella 75 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:31 pm

One thing I have learned from watching the Stags for 35 years is that once you become the boo boy you are destined to fail. It doesn't matter how many goals he scores or assists he gets or how hard he tries Akins is the boo boy so will always be useless, end of argument.
YellaFella 75
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:54 pm

YellaFella 75 wrote:One thing I have learned from watching the Stags for 35 years is that once you become the boo boy you are destined to fail. It doesn't matter how many goals he scores or assists he gets or how hard he tries Akins is the boo boy so will always be useless, end of argument.

I've been watching 50 years and the boo boy is normally crap ;)
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:20 pm

Rob wrote:
YellaFella 75 wrote:One thing I have learned from watching the Stags for 35 years is that once you become the boo boy you are destined to fail. It doesn't matter how many goals he scores or assists he gets or how hard he tries Akins is the boo boy so will always be useless, end of argument.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't what you said about Alistair Asher ;)
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:43 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:

Or was it Alister Smith? Or maybe both.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:02 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:

Or was it Alister Smith? Or maybe both.

I'm specifically talking about Alistair Asher since even more than 20 years on I can recall with clarity what Rob used to say :lol: And I always agreed with him!
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:44 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:

You've done me there Martin :lol:

Ali Smith was never a boo boy Sandy, just a lad I thought we should have stuck with. The treatment of Ali Asher was disgusting and the most ashamed I have ever been of our supporters.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:56 am

Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:

Ali Smith was never a boo boy Sandy, just a lad I thought we should have stuck with. The treatment of Ali Asher was disgusting and the most ashamed I have ever been of our supporters.

The treatment of Ali Asher was a disgrace.

That same season the treatment of Billy Dearden wasn't much better. Possibly our fan base's lowest ebb in terms of treatment of players/staff, especially given what they were contending with behind the scenes.

I think that season was the closest I've ever come to giving up on Stags.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:22 am

If you are talking fans abuse of staff, then Paul Cox in the early season of his first year especially the home win against Alfreton and the away game at Matlock the following season.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:24 am

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:

The treatment of Ali Asher was a disgrace.

That same season the treatment of Billy Dearden wasn't much better. Possibly our fan base's lowest ebb in terms of treatment of players/staff, especially given what they were contending with behind the scenes.

I think that season was the closest I've ever come to giving up on Stags.

I'll never forget the Hartlepool game where Ali made a couple of errors. We were in the North Stand and some started booing him every time he got the ball. Me and quite a few others got into quite heated arguments with those booing. I can remember turning round and seeing the normally mild mannered Gaz T going apoplectic at them! Many of them had left before the comeback, which was some consolation, but not to Ali who never really recovered, though the bad injury was also to blame for that.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:30 pm

I don’t think anyone in this squad is the boo boy, but most would expect a bit better from Lucas, especially given the reputation he came with. I think he can give more. He’s hardly been bad but he ain’t been great either.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:17 pm

Not good being 2 up and letting them back into the game .

Where is Paulstag for Tuesdays game ;)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum