{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Crewe score thread sponsored by 3 bags of coal needed

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Crewe score thread sponsored by 3 bags of coal needed

Postby S7AGS » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:21 am

Thing win % was quoted as 50% yesterday
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby five to three » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:41 am

Rob wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I’m a fan of Law but not sure his pass today was anything special, Swan made it into a good pass. It was fired into him chest height. I’ve only seen it at the time so may be misremembering. Nevertheless good to see him back fit, he will have a role to play.

You remember right, he just hit it. Swan with incredible ingenuity to make the goal.
Hawks doing what he does. Stick a goal scorer I'm the box and SHOCK.
Who did the bicycle kick clearance? Fantastic work.
UTFS

Spot on, it was a great finish and as you say it was great to see two real strikers on the pitch, even if only briefly, it made such a difference. We dominated the game in midfield but for 85 minutes only once forced their keeper into a meaningful save (Clarkes great effort) and for all the world it looked like a disappointing result. If ever a game illustrated what our squad needs this was it, we won because we were able to take advantage of our midfield dominance when we put a striker on and moved our other striker up front. Picking a MOM isn't easy, no-one played brilliantly, so because he changed the game I'd give it Swan.

Fully agree. With the possession we get it's amazing what you can do with proper forwards up front.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chris M » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:01 am

Just read the Chads match report from a “Sports Reporter” that described our results away from home as “woeful”. Having won the previous two away league games before yesterday I think “woeful” was a little over the top. Come back John Lomas, all is forgiven!
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:09 am

Chris M wrote:Just read the Chads match report from a “Sports Reporter” that described our results away from home as “woeful”. Having won the previous two away league games before yesterday I think “woeful” was a little over the top. Come back John Lomas, all is forgiven!

Have they hired someone from here? :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:15 am

Should have been out of sight before Crewe scored. It was clear that long ball to Lucas was not working against a strong Crewe defence and a giant keeper. Swan should have been on much earlier. But came home happy,just.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:32 am

broomo wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I’m a fan of Law but not sure his pass today was anything special, Swan made it into a good pass. It was fired into him chest height. I’ve only seen it at the time so may be misremembering. Nevertheless good to see him back fit, he will have a role to play.

You remember right, he just hit it. Swan with incredible ingenuity to make the goal.
UTFS

You're both doing Law a disservice.

You can see from the angle of his foot he cushioned the ball through. Swan made the most out of it but it was a very good pass.

I’ve no doubt he meant to find Swan, but it wasn’t a through ball the likes we’ve seen from Hartigan this season. Swan made a normal pass into a good one.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:38 am

I think the 88 points from last 44 games stat just shows that whilst we’ve all got things we’d want the manager to do differently, we’re fundamentally in a good place. Enjoy the ride.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:00 am

Marky Mark wrote:I think the 88 points from last 44 games stat just shows that whilst we’ve all got things we’d want the manager to do differently, we’re fundamentally in a good place. Enjoy the ride.

Good post.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby AJStag » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:43 am

Gazza. He went with Kellan again and I must concede he was vindicated as he played quite well I thought. Credit where it's due.
AJStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bear 73 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:15 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Chris M wrote:Just read the Chads match report from a “Sports Reporter” that described our results away from home as “woeful”. Having won the previous two away league games before yesterday I think “woeful” was a little over the top. Come back John Lomas, all is forgiven!

Oh Bobbyl
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:36 am

Last week was a good away day albeit a pretty straight forward win but yesterday was one of those special away days due to the comeback late on :)
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:38 am

bear 73 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Oh Bobbyl

whats up lad?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:56 am

Well that was a get out of jail card,
I thought after bossing play we were going home with nothing, i thought our attack was ineffective never thought they were defending well as fans i suppose its how we see it.
But Akins was having a off day., Clough was now going with fresh legs after going a goal down, Wallace Bowery, Swan, Law, and pushed Hawkins up forward
.It worked Wallace, Law, Swan Bowery made a difference, and Swan got the equaliser while Hawkins grabbed the winner, Hewitt made a super clearance.
Wallace, Law, Swan , was given game time at Grimsby and certainly it the ground running.
Many professionals in the game are impressed that we do not carry a hangover from our Wembley defeat and have made a steady start to the new campaign.
A great celebration at the end of the game we got all the emotions despair and sheer joy after 86 minutes who expected winning and coming away with all three points
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:58 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Oh Bobbyl

whats up lad?

The post just amused me
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:20 pm

Law plays well with the out and out strikers (Oates and Swan) as he plays balls for them to run on to - Swan's goal was made by him taking the pass on with one touch and making the opportunity himself, any hesitation and the chance would have been gone - there's only probably Oates in the team who would have taken the ball on in that way, which is why Law seems to play well with both of them. I think if Law's pass is played to anyone else in the team then it's held up, so the contrast in styles is clear. In addition, what technique by Clark to bring that ball down and hit it on the half volley.

The other thing - Macca was equally as culpable for the goal as Hewitt was - if he'd have gone in with his right foot then the guy would have been tackled, looks like he tried to be too clever and nick the ball away with his left foot and getting left.
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:38 pm

The last few minutes indicated that maybe we should try starting both Hawkins & Swan up front?
Nigel probably won't do that because he thinks that Hawkins is our best central defender ... but more to the point he might also be our best striker.
If Nigel trusts Perch & O'Toole as CB's, then why not play Hawkins as a striker?
I get that by having him at CB he is also available for set pieces ... but look at all the crosses that we are currently delivering in open play that are being wasted.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:04 pm

broomo wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
broomo wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:

UTFS

You're both doing Law a disservice.

You can see from the angle of his foot he cushioned the ball through. Swan made the most out of it but it was a very good pass.

Sorry. Forgot you're correct all the time

First of all give over. Secondly watch it back on the highlights link on page 9 and you'll see for yourself.

It's getting really tiring this group of posters trying to paint me as the bad guy whatever I post.

Sorry
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby St Hilary Stag » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:16 pm

We need to start with Swan & Lapslie up front
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:05 am

gazza1988 wrote:Gordon has the ball on the right, he crosses into the kiddie. Lapslie is beat to the ball and its headed to Clarke whose shot is blocked for a corner.

Corner comes in Hewitt heads on but we can't fashion a chance and Crewe clear.

That poor child...
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:14 am

Marky Mark wrote:Some of our fans are utter weapons. A guy in front of me was either off his face or a massive attention seeker - spent most of the first half bellowing repetitive incoherent nonsense at the players, everyone was getting totally fed up of him, one of the stewards came over to tell him to calm down and he gestured to her to go away and hit her across the chest as he did so. Another fan a couple of seats down with a kid told him he was out of order and the other guy spent the next 5 minutes taking pictures of him. He had countless opportunities to calm down and the stewards gave him loads of chances, but eventually he ran out of goodwill and the police came to throw him out. Nobody around us cared. If that was you, you’re an idiot, don’t come again.

What happened to the guy who ran onto the pitch after the winning goal?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:35 am

His front door will probably be put in within 3 months at 6am.
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:49 am

Wow, we lost 1.6 to 0.9 xG’s on Saturday at Crewe.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby NEStag » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:03 am

part time pete wrote:Wow, we lost 1.6 to 0.9 xG’s on Saturday at Crewe.

Our 0.9 makes sense looking at our chances. The Swan goal must have been around a 0.1 and maybe Hawkins' goal was a 0.2. We had a few other half chances (Hawkins' other header, McLaughlin shot, Clarke shot, Maris's header) but nothing clear cut. Probably our best chance that we didn't take was Maris's (??) free header.

They had a few decent chances (their goal, shot that hit the post, the Hewitt clearance and then the shots coming in at the end) so can see how they got above 1.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:10 pm

Is there a new Social Media admin at the club, because whoever it is has taken it up a million notches in the last week or so.
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:26 pm

A couple other examples

Stag95
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum