{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hartigan vs A fit Boateng

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hartigan vs A fit Boateng

Postby yorkstag » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:07 pm

Things change v quickly.

Go back 6 months and the discussion of a midfield without Quinn would have seemed absurd.

We will need them all to get promoted.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag on the Beach » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:22 am

yorkstag wrote:Go back 6 months and the discussion of a midfield without Quinn would have seemed absurd.

Was about to post something very similar until I saw your post tucked away at the top of page 2, Yorkstag. No need to go back 6 months... 6 weeks to the start of the season will do. Quinn seemed to be the essential cog then, and now there's no mention of him in the best midfield combination. How quickly things change!
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby AshoverStag » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:32 am

Stag on the Beach wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Go back 6 months and the discussion of a midfield without Quinn would have seemed absurd.

Was about to post something very similar until I saw your post tucked away at the top of page 2, Yorkstag. No need to go back 6 months... 6 weeks to the start of the season will do. Quinn seemed to be the essential cog then, and now there's no mention of him in the best midfield combination. How quickly things change!

That’s because Quinn has been well below par

Though I still feel he has a role as a sub

Sadly time has caught up with him. Brilliant player in his time. Sadly time stops for no man

Tbh I don’t agree with go back some six month ………. Post

6 weeks ….huh ? He was awful at Salford

He was well below his best and shouldn’t have been him and O’toole in final in midfield at Wembley either …..that was crazy.

Plus I don’t get the Leader and experience arguments. He is the worst for losing his head/temper and we have a lot of experience in the Squad.

Maris, Boateng, Clarke, Hartigan all are younger, better temperaments et etc

I think he should have been let go pre season and we could have used his wages on another striker or Centre half
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Conker » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:05 am

Too quick to write Quinn off due to age, definitely been a bit below par so far this season but will have a part to play this season no doubt.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:10 am

AshoverStag wrote:
Stag on the Beach wrote:

Sadly time has caught up with him. Brilliant player in his time. Sadly time stops for no man

He was well below his best and shouldn’t have been him and O’toole in final in midfield at Wembley either …..that was crazy.

Plus I don’t get the Leader and experience arguments. He is the worst for losing his head/temper and we have a lot of experience in the Squad.

I think he should have been let go pre season and we could have used his wages on another striker or Centre half

Would have been madness to release Quinn after last season. I know he had his tantrum and served his ban, but I think he more than made up for that with his play. I assume this will be his last year in football unless he takes a drop down again
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby AshoverStag » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:30 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
AshoverStag wrote:
Stag on the Beach wrote:

Would have been madness to release Quinn after last season. I know he had his tantrum and served his ban, but I think he more than made up for that with his play. I assume this will be his last year in football unless he takes a drop down again

Yes thinking about it your probably right about not releasing him Bobby but played sparingly in last season.
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum