{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wombles scorefred sponsored by shooting blanks

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wombles scorefred sponsored by shooting blanks

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:48 pm

:lol: :lol:

Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:50 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Last night made a nice change from October 2010 when Terry Brown's Wimbledon beat David Holdsworth's Stags 5-2 at Field Mill with goals from Danny Kedwell, Christian Jolley and Ryan Jackson. AFC Wimbledon went on to win the National League Play Off Final at the Etihad beating the mighty Luton on penalties.

7 weeks later the Stags were locked out of Field Mill by Hasloan and we played our FA Trophy game against Worksop at Ilkeston.

The trophy tie was an away tie and nothing to do with the problems of JR not paying the rent.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:22 pm

Yes. Worksop were playing at Ilkeston at the time and JR was in negotiations to play future Stags home games there.

It was the Barrow home game that was postponed while the Stags were locked by the local ref looking through the railings

"Russell Booth told mansfieldtown.net: "The car park and surrounding ares are covered with over one foot of snow and road conditions were very bad. I could not get to see the pitch this morning but from a distance it was covered with one foot of snow. The temperature today is -6 degrees so there would be no chance of the ground being fit."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:12 am

Whoscored Ratings
George Maris 8.6
George Lapslie 8.1
Riley Harbottle 8
Ollie Clarke 7.2
John Joe O’Toole 7.2
James Perch 6.8
Jordan Bowery 6.7
Rhys Oates 6.3
Stephen McLaughlin 6.3
Christy Pym 6.2
Stephen Quinn 6.1
Anthony Hartigan 6.1

Touches
George Maris 93
Riley Harbottle 90
James Perch 85
John-Joe O'Toole 76
Lee Brown 60
Stephen McLaughlin 58
Jordan Bowery 56
Ollie Clarke 55

Accurate Passes
George Maris 70
Riley Harbottle 68
James Perch 67
John-Joe O'Toole 56
Ollie Clarke 39

Pass Success %
James Perch 97%
George Maris 92%
Ollie Clarke 89%
Riley Harbottle 87%
Stephen Quinn 84%
John Joe O’Toole 84%

Defensive Aerials
Riley Harbottle 7
John Joe O’Toole 4

Key Passes
George Maris 3
Jordan Bowery 2
George Lapslie 2
Lee Brown 2
Nathan Young-Coombes 2

Tackles
George Marsh 5
George Maris 4
Jack Currie 4
John-Joe O'Toole 3
Ollie Clarke 3
George Lapslie 3
Lee Brown 3

Interceptions
John-Joe O'Toole 4
Jack Currie 3
Riley Harbottle 3
Ollie Clarke 2

Clearances
James Perch 6
Alex Pearce 6
Lee Brown 5
Paris Maghoma 3
Kieran Wallace(Sub) 2
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:23 pm

surprising, in my opinion

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:25 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:surprising, in my opinion

really surprised they must have clocked it was against us
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:29 pm

So it’s ok to now grab opponents by the throat even if only briefly.

I just don’t understand that decision and wouldn’t be happy if they were playing us in the next 3 games.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:16 pm

On the video footage it looked a very soft red card. In the ground it couldn’t have been more blatant.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:18 pm

Stag95 wrote:

On the video footage it looked a very soft red card. In the ground it couldn’t have been more blatant.

Looked soft to me, if he got sent off so should have quinn, though obv glad he didn’t
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:19 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Yes. Worksop were playing at Ilkeston at the time and JR was in negotiations to play future Stags home games there.

It was the Barrow home game that was postponed while the Stags were locked by the local ref looking through the railings

"Russell Booth told mansfieldtown.net: "The car park and surrounding ares are covered with over one foot of snow and road conditions were very bad. I could not get to see the pitch this morning but from a distance it was covered with one foot of snow. The temperature today is -6 degrees so there would be no chance of the ground being fit."

Aye, the best blizzard id ever seen, mocked out of a ground under a foot of snow :lol:

Sure we still had snow knocking around the side of the pitch in march that year
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:59 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:So it’s ok to now grab opponents by the throat even if only briefly.

I just don’t understand that decision and wouldn’t be happy if they were playing us in the next 3 games.

Kicking a ball at a player could also be considered violent conduct. For me, having only seen the video, both were yellow cards, but you could argue by the letter of the law both were red.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:06 pm

Rob wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:So it’s ok to now grab opponents by the throat even if only briefly.

Kicking a ball at a player could also be considered violent conduct. For me, having only seen the video, both were yellow cards, but you could argue by the letter of the law both were red.

Yes if Quinn did it on purpose which, knowing him, he probably did.

The fact that the Wimbledon player had to get to his feet before grabbing Quinn says to me he should have had time to think about it.

It could have gone either way but I would have thought the appeal committee would have backed the referee’s decision. He did grab Quinn by the throat and it’s not a case of the ref being mistaken about the facts just how to punish it.

A dangerous precedent for me.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:20 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

The fact that the Wimbledon player had to get to his feet before grabbing Quinn says to me he should have had time to think about it.

It could have gone either way but I would have thought the appeal committee would have backed the referee’s decision. He did grab Quinn by the throat and it’s not a case of the ref being mistaken about the facts just how to punish it.

with respect of course he did it on purpose. the lad was on the floor he looked at him and booted it :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:44 pm

adamstag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

with respect of course he did it on purpose. the lad was on the floor he looked at him and booted it :lol:

Ok, as I said, I think he probably did it on purpose but it’s not absolutely clear that he did. But whatever Quinn did or didn’t do is entirely irrelevant to the issue. Their player was shown a red card for retaliation and the only thing the panel should consider is whether he retaliated or not. There is clear video evidence that he got up and grabbed Quinn around the head/neck in retaliation to having the ball kicked at him. They shouldn’t consider if there was provocation as Quinn was not the subject of their task.

The referee clearly saw the incident and decided what action to take in his view.

If the referee had reviewed the footage and then decided he had made the wrong decision then I would say fair enough but I don’t think that is the case.

The reason I think it is a dangerous decision is that, following their apparent logic, it’s ok to retaliate if you are sufficiently provoked. Of course I may be reading too deeply into the decision and over simplifying things but without other information, that’s how I see it.

Additionally if the FA think Quinn should be punished further, having reviewed the footage, that should be a separate process. Obviously that may be difficult unless something happened which the referee missed as a yellow card was issued.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:43 pm

The red card was the correct decision. His hands were in Quinn face. I think Quinn deliberately booted the ball at him. Both players should have got the same punishment.but because they can't change Quinn yellow to a red so they've rescinded an obvious red. Throws the ref under the bus a bit.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:45 pm

wink68 wrote:The red card was the correct decision. His hands were in Quinn face. I think Quinn deliberately booted the ball at him. Both players should have got the same punishment.but because they can't change Quinn yellow to a red so they've rescinded an obvious red. Throws the ref under the bus a bit.

exactly.

And the lad getting off with the red is a lot better than quinn getting a retrospective red
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:48 pm

Have we ever had a red card overturned on appeal? I recall we had an extra game ban handed to a player for a failed appeal, but cannot recall us ever winning an appeal.

Possibly Sweeney won one against Exeter away against that serial diving cheat Bowman, but not certain.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:56 pm

Sweeney’s red card at Exeter was overturned.
part time pete

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:12 pm

part time pete wrote:Sweeney’s red card at Exeter was overturned.

add Ollie Clarke after red card against Bradford
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby wink68 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:10 am

Doesn't really matter to us if he plays the next three. The red finished them off and made the 3 pts easier for us the other night. Do what you want FA, 3 pts in the bag.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:48 am

pretty sure Stockport had their right back sent off Tuesday night, so i’m guessing we target that side
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:57 am

Blatent red i thougt for retaliation, football moves in mysterious ways, and Quinn got a 6 match ban
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:56 pm

A comfortable 2.6 to 0.6 xG’s win.
part time pete

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:06 pm

part time pete wrote:A comfortable 2.6 to 0.6 xG’s win.

Leave that nonsense for the stats thread Pete ;)
Rob
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum