{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Message to Nigel

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Message to Nigel

Postby tillydog123 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:22 pm

Mainly for me play players in natural position and unless a lot of injuries try to get a settled 11 for at least 10 games
Sounds easy but guessing not
I think Nigel is the best manager we have had for many a moon but it’s all about results and he has to deliver this season really
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:43 pm

Don't mind players playing in a different position so long as they are happy and are fully committed and have there heart in it :geek: :ugeek: :geek:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:59 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Don't mind players playing in a different position so long as they are happy and are fully committed and have there heart in it :geek: :ugeek: :geek:

And the ability required for the position in a successful team. It’s one thing filling in as a short term stopgap but entirely different if they become first choice.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:59 pm

Amber Andy,

In my original post I didn't mention my support for NC but I did in a later reply.

What has a strong midfield got to do with the lack of an experienced mobile centre back, something we do not have unless you expect Perchy to play 40 odd games in that position when fit.

When did I mention Nigel signing the wrong players and it never crossed my mind he had signed misfits? The only misfit situations are Clarke and Bowery as centre backs.

Much of Stagsnet recently has been about a striker and a central defender being needed. I don't necessarily agree, sign the elusive defender and move Hawkins back to being a striker option.

Simple mate, even for you.

I really do think you should lighten up and not dissect every comment made on Stagsnet and looking for a prolonged argument.

Onwards and upwards.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:55 pm

oldweststander wrote:Amber Andy,

In my original post I didn't mention my support for NC but I did in a later reply.

What has a strong midfield got to do with the lack of an experienced mobile centre back, something we do not have unless you expect Perchy to play 40 odd games in that position when fit.

When did I mention Nigel signing the wrong players and it never crossed my mind he had signed misfits? The only misfit situations are Clarke and Bowery as centre backs.

Much of Stagsnet recently has been about a striker and a central defender being needed. I don't necessarily agree, sign the elusive defender and move Hawkins back to being a striker option.

I really do think you should lighten up and not dissect every comment made on Stagsnet and looking for a prolonged argument.

Onwards and upwards.
"Jacks of all trades" and "square pegs in round holes" ring any bells OWS ?

I certainly don't dissect every comment. I just found your thread unhelpful and disrespectful so soon into the season. I respectfully suggest if you want to do a school report like assessment do it at the end of the season when it has some relevance.

I won' comment anymore on this unnecessary thread.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:37 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

I certainly don't dissect every comment. I just found your thread unhelpful and disrespectful so soon into the season. I respectfully suggest if you want to do a school report like assessment do it at the end of the season when it has some relevance.

:coys: im done i leave it to the negatives
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:48 pm

Big yella wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
scotsstag wrote:Says who??
You?

It's obvious. The vast majority of Stags fans know NC is the best manager we've had in ages.

This thread is nonsensical.

And I have never said anything different, in fact I 100% agree, I don’t however believe that NC is beyond criticism like broomo does. According to him Clough NEVER gets a team selection wrong, NEVER gets tactic’s wrong, NEVER gets a substitution wrong, blah blah blah (to use his phrase).

This is a fan’s forum to discuss all things Stags, and guess what, varying opinions about the managers decision’s will be discussed and a blanket defence of every choice he makes, like I have already said is laughable.

Why do you care so much? You're obsessed with broomo.

No, just can’t abide us all being told we all must be wrong because he once stole off the Clough’s and now feels the
compulsion to tell the world and his grandma they are idiots for daring to question NC’s choice of tie.

Must admit that made me laugh
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:11 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

Good man you keep stum.

Square pegs in round holes, as you well know, referred to midfielders and strikers being shoehorned into the central defensive role. You found the thread unnecessary but continue to make inaccurate out of context remarks.

Have you ever, in the past, played football above kick about on the street level?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:19 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

Good man you keep stum.

Square pegs in round holes, as you well know, referred to midfielders and strikers being shoehorned into the central defensive role. You found the thread unnecessary but continue to make inaccurate out of context remarks.

Have you ever, in the past, played football above kick about on the street level?
Yes
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:21 pm

So far six pages of debate...so as I see it , Nigel Clough is a League 2 Manager with a wealth of varied experience on his CV clearly is ok at this level but has yet to prove he is excellent rather than ok by achieving the Holy Grail i.e. Promotion to League One. He was on the ropes early last Season but managed to rescue the situation and produced an amazing run of results resulting in the Mighty Stags reaching the playoff Final. The team then blew the final big time against a Port Vale side which included 3 ex Stags players that NC had shipped out and they are now playing in League One. He has also shipped out DJ now enjoying life so far at Walsall and Rawson at League one Morecambe..his five new signings in my humble opinion are very good although personally I am not a fan of loan signings
This fans board is definitely one of the best available at any level and whilst we have a strong base of for and against NC's team selections and substitutions everyone is entitled to their opinion and criticism. So pro cloggers stop trying to stifle debate and taking an attitude that NC doesn't make mistakes and anti Cloughers please post fact based opinions and genuine criticism..Personally I am just grateful that we have decent owners who keep financially supporting the team and Manager
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:24 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

Good man you keep stum.

The arrogance... :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:25 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

Good man you keep stum.

What has the level he played at go to do with this discussion? I'll answer for you, raspberry all.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:51 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Don't mind players playing in a different position so long as they are happy and are fully committed and have there heart in it :geek: :ugeek: :geek:

And the ability required for the position in a successful team. It’s one thing filling in as a short term stopgap but entirely different if they become first choice.

absolutely spot on, just buy a quality CB then we can all play nicely again, simples int it
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:56 pm

Rob wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

Good man you keep stum.

What has the level he played at go to do with this discussion? I'll answer for you, raspberry all.

Was anyone asking you Rob or are you Andy's bodygaurd?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:57 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

Good man you keep stum.

Very nice young Bobby, lol.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:02 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Rob wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

Good man you keep stum.

He has got a point OWS.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:04 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Rob wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

Good man you keep stum.

So, what has the level you played at got to do with this discussion?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:29 pm

oldweststander wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

Good man you keep stum.

Very nice young Bobby, lol.

:) Was great at Curby when i was younger , would have got in any side :lol: :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:03 pm

It is a shame that people are constantly tearing each other apart on this forum.

This situation has been exacerbated since a couple of people have made the site more toxic by trying to convert every post/opinion into a 'pro v anti Nigel' thread ... When in fact, the posts have never been about that at all. The posts are usually about simple recruitment, tactical, selection matters. So let's keep it that way.

90% of the fans on this forum are big Clough fans - Which is really positive. We hope that he will be our manager for a long time to come - and he has our support through thick and thin (as was demonstrated last season when we went through a long period of poor results).

However, that does not negate the fact that a fans forum will always be about sharing opinions. (Hopefully without hostility).

Nigel is a great manager - and it is agreed that he is far more qualified than us to make his decisions. However supporters should still be allowed to share their opinions. And lets face it ... the state of our constant make-shift defence will warrant some diverse and merited opinion.

So relax - and accept people's opinions without getting nasty or condescending or trying to turn it into an 'anti-Clough' thread .. which it isn't.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:10 pm

Vice President wrote:It is a shame that people are constantly tearing each other apart on this forum.

This situation has been exacerbated since a couple of people have made the site more toxic by trying to convert every post/opinion into a 'pro v anti Nigel' thread ... When in fact, the posts have never been about that at all. The posts are usually about simple recruitment, tactical, selection matters. So let's keep it that way.

90% of the fans on this forum are big Clough fans - Which is really positive. We hope that he will be our manager for a long time to come - and he has our support through thick and thin (as was demonstrated last season when we went through a long period of poor results).

However, that does not negate the fact that a fans forum will always be about sharing opinions. (Hopefully without hostility).

Nigel is a great manager - and it is agreed that he is far more qualified than us to make his decisions. However supporters should still be allowed to share their opinions. And lets face it ... the state of our constant make-shift defence will warrant some diverse and merited opinion.

So relax - and accept people's opinions without getting nasty or condescending or trying to turn it into an 'anti-Clough' thread .. which it isn't.

:good_post: :clap: :clap: :clap: :good_post:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:14 pm

I know its all about opinions..but this really is a poor topic from the very start .totally unnecessary picking the bones over something thats not even a problem ... all very dramatic we look like relegation fodder just after 3 games.. in nigel we trust
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:24 pm

Oladamber66 wrote:I know its all about opinions..but this really is a poor topic from the very start .totally unnecessary picking the bones over something thats not even a problem ... all very dramatic we look like relegation fodder just after 3 games.. in nigel we trust

No one has said we look like relegation fodder. They have questioned if we are good enough for promotion which is totally different. There’s nothing dramatic about discussing our team’s prospects and it happens every year with threads similar to ‘where do you think we will finish’. People are merely expressing their own opinions and no one else is forced to agree or disagree.

Ok maybe the thread title could have been better but the sentiment is nothing to do with getting rid of Clough or suggesting we will be relegated. Perhaps those suggesting patience should show a bit themselves and not jump to conclusions about knives being out.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:31 pm

I've been a member of this site and the previous iterations of it for at least the last 25 years and this thread is easily in the Top 5 most embarrassing. Well done everyone.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:34 am

Oladamber66 wrote:I know its all about opinions..but this really is a poor topic from the very start .totally unnecessary picking the bones over something thats not even a problem ... all very dramatic we look like relegation fodder just after 3 games.. in nigel we trust

Not sure anyone suggested we are relegation fodder. Just pointing out the need for a new mobile centre back if we are to do better than last season, then suddenly the World caves in.

You would think I'd committed sacrilege.

My Stagsnet respite period begins today, the forum has become a graveyard of personal opinion, dominated by a certain few.

Bye for now.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:20 am

oldweststander wrote:

Not sure anyone suggested we are relegation fodder. Just pointing out the need for a new mobile centre back if we are to do better than last season, then suddenly the World caves in.

You would think I'd committed sacrilege.

My Stagsnet respite period begins today, the forum has become a graveyard of personal opinion, dominated by a certain few.

Bye for now.
If you had just said that initially,then this thread would not have ignited. But you went some way beyond that.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum