{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lorient away scorefred sponsered by D block broken seat

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lorient away scorefred sponsered by D block broken seat

Postby yorkstag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:08 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:It's not a worry if all you want is another 20th place finish. Think the chairman and most supporters are hoping for something much better than that

I thought you would come out to play at some stage as things aren’t going great. Today wasn’t that bad as we had chances to more than win the game.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:12 pm

I am hearing lots of the same...."we played well and deserved to win" etc etc.
I see NC again bemoans the fact we are missiNg chances to win games........HE HAS BEEN SAYING THE SAME IN VIRTUALLY EVERY AWAY GAME FOR WELL OVER 12 MONTHS NOW !!
But he has failed to rectify it and we still have our 3 main strikers at the club who will struggle to score 30 league goals between them this season, and thats if they play in attack
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:15 pm

And just who are you , no.1 super supporter?
In your perfect world is nobody allowed to come on here without an opinion that conforms to yours.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:18 pm

Johnny H wrote:I am hearing lots of the same...."we played well and deserved to win" etc etc.
I see NC again bemoans the fact we are missiNg chances to win games........HE HAS BEEN SAYING THE SAME IN VIRTUALLY EVERY AWAY GAME FOR WELL OVER 12 MONTHS NOW !!
But he has failed to rectify it and we still have our 3 main strikers at the club who will struggle to score 30 league goals between them this season, and thats if they play in attack

So Clough out then?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Looks like a repeat of last season
Poor start and then having to play catch up later on
6 points behind leaders already
This injury issue is very worrisome
Sandy and Co from the golden era never missed a game !!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:35 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Johnny H wrote:I am hearing lots of the same...."we played well and deserved to win" etc etc.

So Clough out then?

He’s got a point. Scoring has been a major issue from the start. How many games have we scored more than 1 goal in, in all this time? Clough knows the problems as we all do and the fans are getting frustrated that we haven’t solved them yet. It’s difficult getting the players we need. The club and Clough are trying I’m sure, but it’s still frustrating as we are so close. It’s looking like it’s going to be another wasted year as we still haven’t got all the pieces of the jigsaw together and that is what hurts. Fans have been crying out for success for years and the fear is that we’ll be waiting ever longer.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:43 pm

I can take losing if the opposition keeper and/or defence plays a blinder.

We were away from home. Pym has barely had a save to make. They've not conceded at all in league 2 so far, they're very early league leaders. We played them off the park for most of it.

Bowery is back Tuesday, I hope he either replaces oates/Swan or sits on the bench.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:47 pm

Time to relax a little I think.

Look back a year and we were on 7 points after 3 games. Bristol Rovers we’re on 1 (I think) but which team went up?

As frustrated as I am that we are not addressing the centre half issue, I still have faith that Nigel will get it right in the end. There are still 129 points to play for and the window is open for another couple of weeks, we shouldn’t panic until it closes and we haven’t signed anyone.

We did look more solid today against a team who were looking to play on the break and were well organised. Play like that and we will win more than we lose.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:47 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:In the league this season, Danny Johnson has scored 5 times as many goals as the whole Stags squad combined. That’s why we’re losing.

What a stupid comment and on this thread that takes some doing.

Who was their man of the match?

How do you think we’ll win football matches without scoring? Serious question. I would love you to answer because maybe you know something the rest of the footballing world doesn’t.

1. Danny Johnson doesn't fit in Clough's system. his signing was a mistake and Clough didn't see enough in him to change what works for Oates
2. Oates didn't look capable of scoring 5 in 4 when he played for us
3. If you create chances with a penalty and three chances for someone people were scared of losing to a higher level last season, it will normally pay off
4. Their keeper was Man of the match which would tell most cogent thinkers something
5. We have lost two league because we have both failed to score and conceded poor goals
6. Clough made it clear that the club has had substantial bids rejected for decent strikers so it is not for want of trying.

We lost today’s match because we wasted so many chances and didn’t score. We should have had at least 3. Collectively we’ve scored 1 goal in the league so far which is pitiful when compared to the record of Danny Johnson and others. My point stands.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:47 pm

SeanieStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

So Clough out then?

He’s got a point. Scoring has been a major issue from the start. How many games have we scored more than 1 goal in, in all this time? Clough knows the problems as we all do and the fans are getting frustrated that we haven’t solved them yet. It’s difficult getting the players we need. The club and Clough are trying I’m sure, but it’s still frustrating as we are so close. It’s looking like it’s going to be another wasted year as we still haven’t got all the pieces of the jigsaw together and that is what hurts. Fans have been crying out for success for years and the fear is that we’ll be waiting ever longer.

Yeah let's sack him and go back to step 1 where ANOTHER manager wants a clear out.

Some of you need to remember what it was like under Dempster and Coughlan, the grass isn't always greener on the other side..

This isn't me saying everything is perfect, because it isn't.

'looks like another year wasted' we've played three league games. The impatience of some fans is just incredible and makes me laugh.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:59 pm

SeanieStag wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:In the league this season, Danny Johnson has scored 5 times as many goals as the whole Stags squad combined. That’s why we’re losing.

What a stupid comment and on this thread that takes some doing.

How do you think we’ll win football matches without scoring? Serious question. I would love you to answer because maybe you know something the rest of the footballing world doesn’t.

1. Danny Johnson doesn't fit in Clough's system. his signing was a mistake and Clough didn't see enough in him to change what works for Oates
2. Oates didn't look capable of scoring 5 in 4 when he played for us
3. If you create chances with a penalty and three chances for someone people were scared of losing to a higher level last season, it will normally pay off
4. Their keeper was Man of the match which would tell most cogent thinkers something
5. We have lost two league because we have both failed to score and conceded poor goals
6. Clough made it clear that the club has had substantial bids rejected for decent strikers so it is not for want of trying.

We lost today’s match because we wasted so many chances and didn’t score. We should have had at least 3. Collectively we’ve scored 1 goal in the league so far which is pitiful when compared to the record of Danny Johnson and others. My point stands.

You have not even answered my responses to your point. Your point stands and is still wrong.

"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:08 pm

Eastern Green Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Eastern Green Stag wrote:Clough's treading on egg shells .. to much of a tinkerman !
If they play like that in our next 2 homes we shall lose them both !

I thought we played quite well. We just didn't take our chances.

Mind, it must be hard to watch football if you're blind.

I watched the game & we ran about like headless chickens .
.. i see Macca's off the boil now he's signed his 2 year contract
:cry:

I didn’t realise Cornwall was aboard. ;)
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:17 pm

A lot of people are saying we need to sign a striker, but would they have dropped Oates or McLaughlin to play this striker.

The reason we lost today was because fans favourites Oates and McLaughlin didn’t score when they should have done.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby johnwhit66 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:37 pm

I’m not sure what else Nigel can do. Orients keeper has made 3 great saves today and we’ve missed a pen. Play like we did first half for the rest of the season away from home and we will pick a lot of points up.
johnwhit66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:44 pm

the finishing was dreadful

orient finished properly
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:24 pm

adamstag wrote:the finishing was dreadful

orient finished properly

Were the shots on target?
The keeper won man of the match which would suggest that he was tested, I didn't watch the match so I accept you may have seen something i didn't
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:35 pm

adamstag wrote:the finishing was dreadful

orient finished properly

Were the shots on target?
The keeper won man of the match which would suggest that he was tested, I didn't watch the match so I accept you may have seen something i didn't

Same against orient same last season.

Our conversion to success rate is abysmal.

Why have so many shots on goal when you can’t score, that’s what forwards are there to do.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:59 pm

So did you watch the match or are you making the statement that our finishing (which appears to have been on target) was dreadful from stats?

It could also be argued that the keeper is there to shots on target. That might suggest that as mal of the match he did his job better than any other Orient player.
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:09 pm

We were unlucky not to come away with something. Had chances but they didn't go in today, that's football. Move onto the next.

Does it always have to be such a meltdown on here after we lose?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:14 pm

the problem being is it’s so mansfield

Miss the standard penalty

have 536,365 attempts at goal and don’t score

Let the opposition have 1 chance, concede.

This was the problem last season, and it’s still the problem now.

It’s pretty boring

let go and get promoted
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:42 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:So did you watch the match or are you making the statement that our finishing (which appears to have been on target) was dreadful from stats?

It could also be argued that the keeper is there to shots on target. That might suggest that as mal of the match he did his job better than any other Orient player.

It's one of those where their keeper had an ON day.

xG of the game will show how dominant we were.

Is it our finishing or good defending/keeping? For me today it's the former. Keeper was man of the match for them.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:46 pm

adamstag wrote:the problem being is it’s so mansfield

It’s pretty boring

let go and get promoted

I think we all knew at half time that is was gonna finish 1-0 to Orient didn’t we :lol:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:the problem being is it’s so mansfield

It’s pretty boring

let go and get promoted

I think we all knew at half time that is was gonna finish 1-0 to Orient didn’t we :lol:

absolutely

we’d still be playing now and not scored.

We lost, not acceptable. work on in nigel.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby St Hilary Stag » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:26 am

part time pete wrote:
Eastern Green Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Eastern Green Stag wrote:Clough's treading on egg shells .. to much of a tinkerman !
If they play like that in our next 2 homes we shall lose them both !

I thought we played quite well. We just didn't take our chances.

Mind, it must be hard to watch football if you're blind.

I watched the game & we ran about like headless chickens .
.. i see Macca's off the boil now he's signed his 2 year contract
:cry:

I didn’t realise Cornwall was aboard. ;)

:? :? :?
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stagdale » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:36 am

Of course it is early days and anything can happen. However the frustration is that the problems of last season have not been addressed.

i.e. lack of pace, lack of a good striker and an experienced centre half who is mobile.

Until these issues have been solved promotion will not happen in my opinion.

The number of injuries is also a matter of concern.
Stagdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum