{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:30 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Ralphy » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:03 am

Would agree deserved win, any thoughts on what could/should have been a penalty early on. I felt Bowery defo pulled his man back by the arm? Lucky to get away with it but will take any luck going our way for a change
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:21 am

Ralphy wrote:Would agree deserved win, any thoughts on what could/should have been a penalty early on. I felt Bowery defo pulled his man back by the arm? Lucky to get away with it but will take any luck going our way for a change

I will look at that again when I do my detailed report this evening.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:54 am

I think last season that would have been a penalty but the new higher bar for fouls, which I agree with, probably saved us as the contact was slight and the dive very theatrical.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:19 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Scothie the Stag » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:44 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:my detailed report:

https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... tchid=1169

Thanks Martin. I was waiting for the following observation:

"Two minutes later at the other end, a good move on the left from the Stags, the ball touched a Tranmere hand from the cross but it was accidental."

In real time it looked like a handball, similar to Hawkins away at Newport. Both above their head and in unnatural positions. The camera angle in the highlights proved inconclusive. Thankfully it doesn't matter either way.
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:04 am

Rob wrote:I think last season that would have been a penalty but the new higher bar for fouls, which I agree with, probably saved us as the contact was slight and the dive very theatrical.

I really must stop agreeing with you Rob.

I’m sure if the attacker hadn’t gone down like a sack of spuds, it may have been given. He didn’t do himself any favours and made the ref’s mind up for him.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:46 pm

I've also updated the section on who is credited with the goal!
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:29 pm

my player ratings now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:49 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:I think last season that would have been a penalty but the new higher bar for fouls, which I agree with, probably saved us as the contact was slight and the dive very theatrical.

I really must stop agreeing with you Rob.

I’m sure if the attacker hadn’t gone down like a sack of spuds, it may have been given. He didn’t do himself any favours and made the ref’s mind up for him.

Yes likewise :D The new high bar rule has come in for some criticism as some have pointed to the clear penalty Brighton weren't given at Old Trafford. That decision had nothing to do with the high bar, it was a truly abysmal decision from two referee's (match and VAR) who should be made to re-qualify. It was about as clear a penalty as you will ever see. The rule is about stopping folk chucking themselves on the floor at the slightest contact, it is not an excuse to hide away from decisions like that one. Stocksbridge had a mixed afternoon it is fair to say, but I am a big fan of just telling players to get on with it and he did that occasionally at the expense of letting clear fouls go. I'd rather that then the "look at me" Trevor Kettle approach to refereeing.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:18 am

I thought he threw himself to the floor theatrically enough that it was deserving of a yellow for simulation.

If you're not giving the penalty, then surely it's worthwhile laying down a marker early on by giving a yellow and showing both sides you're not going to fall for those kind of shenanigans.
Last edited by stagmanrob on Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:53 am

The bottom rating of 5.5 for Jordan Bowery is very harsh. He was better than Rhys Oates.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:00 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The bottom rating of 5.5 for Jordan Bowery is very harsh. He was better than Rhys Oates.

I'm going to assume Bowery got a 1.5 increase in score for being out of position?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:04 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The bottom rating of 5.5 for Jordan Bowery is very harsh. He was better than Rhys Oates.

He would have cost us two goals had it not been for Pym, as I described in the rating.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:10 pm

I think Jordan Bowery has the potential to be a very good right wing back. There.....I've said it :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:15 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

He would have cost us two goals had it not been for Pym, as I described in the rating.

Stephen McLaughlin let Josh Dacres Cogley get behind him 3/4 times but he got a 7.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:36 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Stephen McLaughlin let Josh Dacres Cogley get behind him 3/4 times but he got a 7.

Dacres-Cogley was the best wing back going forward I've seen other than Wilson. He have McLaughlin a few problems which were more down to Dacres-Cogley's brilliance in my opinion. McLaughlin did well going forward and picked Dacres-Cogley's pocket on the byline to set up a good chance.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:47 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

I agree with you Darren, Macca actually had one of his rare poor games. I also agree that Bowery was quite clearly not our worst player, indeed, he was much more effective than Oates, Akins and Macca to name just three. On Eggys I gave Bowery a 7, Macca, Oates and Akins 6. Boateng was quite clearly MOM.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:00 pm

What's with the update on attendence?
Using Chesterfield as an example of a business model we should emulate. :lol:

Do we know the meaning of the word "attendance" :lol: :lol:
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:25 pm

Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I agree with you Darren, Macca actually had one of his rare poor games. I also agree that Bowery was quite clearly not our worst player, indeed, he was much more effective than Oates, Akins and Macca to name just three. On Eggys I gave Bowery a 7, Macca, Oates and Akins 6. Boateng was quite clearly MOM.

I agree with everything except saying Bowery had a better game than Akins, Bowery made two massive howlers that he got away with and Akins had a good game. In fairness he is a striker playing at wing back.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:31 pm

Bowery was clearly our worst player on the day in my opinion, he would have given two goals away bar being rescued by Pym.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:34 pm

Bowery is this season's "blue-eyed boy" by the looks of it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum