{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough press Conference Tues 2 Aug

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clough press Conference Tues 2 Aug

Postby part time pete » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:28 pm

We should remember that no player has been given the no.5 shirt yet, perhaps that is a clue what position will sign next.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:40 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:How do you know? Harbottle has played one game.

Ok Clough didn’t get Harbottle in to replace Faz, he’s still after his top will improve the back line CB, Harbottle hasn’t played in the football league yet, yes Florest lot rate him & i hope he comes good, however i say again he’s not the signing to replace Faz

Clough got caught out last summer with Naylor, what i’m saying is to be in the same position this season would be unforgivable

I really don’t know what you mean here. Rawson was 4th or 5th choice centre back, how is Harbottle not a replacement for him?

Clough hasn’t mentioned signing a defender recently.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:12 pm

part time pete wrote:We should remember that no player has been given the no.5 shirt yet, perhaps that is a clue what position will sign next.

Anyone watching the Comm games last night may have seen a female Basketball player from Oz, shirt Number 5, name Mansfield. Its a sign!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:14 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Ok Clough didn’t get Harbottle in to replace Faz, he’s still after his top will improve the back line CB, Harbottle hasn’t played in the football league yet, yes Florest lot rate him & i hope he comes good, however i say again he’s not the signing to replace Faz

Clough got caught out last summer with Naylor, what i’m saying is to be in the same position this season would be unforgivable

I really don’t know what you mean here. Rawson was 4th or 5th choice centre back, how is Harbottle not a replacement for him?

if we play 3 CBs then we are a quality number 5 short, how’s that for understanding ?

Harbottle good prospect however to be better than last season we are short of a quality CB, i’m struggling to see what’s difficult to grasp here
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:56 pm

Another midfielder ?
Hartigan from AFC Wombles
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:11 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

if we play 3 CBs then we are a quality number 5 short, how’s that for understanding ?

Harbottle good prospect however to be better than last season we are short of a quality CB, i’m struggling to see what’s difficult to grasp here

You're on about squad depth now, which is a different point.

If we got rid of Oates and signed another striker, he would be a replacement wouldn't he?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:19 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

You're on about squad depth now, which is a different point.

If we got rid of Oates and signed another striker, he would be a replacement wouldn't he?

nope if we got rid of Oates & wanted to improve the squad & signed Will Keane then yes
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:35 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Your original point was that he hasn’t replaced Rawson with a better player. My point was how do you know Harbottle is not better than Rawson based on ninety minutes?
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:37 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:47 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Your original point was that he hasn’t replaced Rawson. The reality is that he has, but with someone you don’t consider to be a quality replacement.

i don’t think he has replaced him, others do, i think the incoming number 5 will replace him if Clough is true to his word of replacing with better
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:02 pm

Where has it been said there's an incoming defender?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:36 pm

Clough on Notts TV tonight 8pm
The One
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum