{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lionesses

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Lionesses

Postby MOTG » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:05 pm

Well done to The Lionesses. I see that ex Stags goalkeeper Darren Ward is part of the England set up.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Lionesses

Postby part time pete » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:06 pm

MOTG wrote:Well done to The Lionesses. I see that ex Stags goalkeeper Darren Ward is part of the England set up.

Nice to keep it Stags related :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:31 pm

Great to see a team we support not bottle it at Wembley (also Stags related Pete).

Fantastic day for English and women's football.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:28 am

Rob wrote:Great to see a team we support not bottle it at Wembley (also Stags related Pete).

Fantastic day for English and women's football.

I thought we'd win it after the Norway match. Was a brilliant game.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby trenty » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:03 am

They certainly know how to celebrate that bit where they interrupt the post match interview of the manager was brilliant well done to all
trenty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:58 pm

It was absolutely amazing from start to finish. The stadium was 3/4's full over 2 hours before kick off it was ridiculous. The atmosphere was tremendous. Felt for Germany as I thought they were the better team but then so were Spain when we beat them. The ladies know how the celebrate. Some of them were still on the pitch gone 8pm!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:05 pm

It was refreshing to see a group so happy and relaxed and enjoying the game they play. They appeared free of burden and expectation and played with freedom throughout. The crowd were top notch too. The men’s game could learn a lot from them, including how to celebrate. I’m quite honestly bored of seeing the sour faced, overpaid multi-millionaires spouting their PR managed soulless bland drivel week after week.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:34 pm

They're all a breath of fresh air, they just put a smile on your face. Amazing stuff. Womens sport should be funded more.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:56 pm

They're a huge inspiration to my daughters, who both play u9 football.

Watching it through their eyes, I enjoyed watching them play more than the men's team, I have to say. Think they may have overtaken the men as my new 2nd favourite team, after Stags.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:00 pm

Dan wrote:It was absolutely amazing from start to finish. The stadium was 3/4's full over 2 hours before kick off it was ridiculous. The atmosphere was tremendous. Felt for Germany as I thought they were the better team but then so were Spain when we beat them. The ladies know how the celebrate. Some of them were still on the pitch gone 8pm!

Germany weren’t the better side imho Dan. England shaded the first half and Germany were better in the second half. I thought the goal would knock the stuffing out of us. England dominated most of extra time and the last 5 minutes of extra time must go down as one of the best lessons on how to see out a match under extreme pressure. Something I’ve not really seen the England men ever do effectively. That’s how I saw it anyway.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:52 pm

Interesting that many traditional male fans still mock them.
Watching all their Euro games they do have some technically gifted players. Keira Walsh can spot a midfield pass not seen at The Mill for many a year and Leah Williamson's reading of the game as a centre half is superb.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:23 pm

victor A block wrote:Interesting that many traditional male fans still mock them.
Watching all their Euro games they do have some technically gifted players. Keira Walsh can spot a midfield pass not seen at The Mill for many a year and Leah Williamson's reading of the game as a centre half is superb.

We've had those "traditional" male fans on here before, they are staying quiet for now.

I thought Walsh was player of the tournament.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:31 pm

Got to agree about Walsh , a bit of an unsung hero, but a very talented footballer, if we had a male version of Williamson in our team we’d be sorted , she has telepathic reading of situations !!
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:45 pm

Rob wrote:
victor A block wrote:Interesting that many traditional male fans still mock them.

We've had those "traditional" male fans on here before, they are staying quiet for now.

That most "traditional" of males is still on sabatical. He'd have had a meltdown last night listening to Alex Scott & Ian Wright. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:51 pm

They're still out there kicking and screaming, fighting the masculinity cause. Some of the 'jokes' I've seen circulated weren't even funny before the tournament, but to circulate them after they've just won the first major trophy in 50-odd years can only be due to a lack of intelligence. The only reason that some males dont like women involved in football is that football conversation has become one of the last bastions of male domination, where men can talk nonsense with other men to their hearts content.

You just have to look at the schools now, some of the girls are technically better than the boys at football, and that's before the turbo boost that this win will give the game - 10-20 years ago they weren't, but that was only because they'd never had the funding, support or encouragement to do it. In another 10-20 years time the womens game in this country, from the grassroots to the WSL, is going to be huge.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:12 pm

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

That most "traditional" of males is still on sabatical. He'd have had a meltdown last night listening to Alex Scott & Ian Wright. :lol:

I have no idea to whom you refer :lol: However, I suspect whoever it is he did a Simon "pompous arse" Jordan and didn't watch any of it. Jordan (and whoever it is you are talking about) would have truly loved the fact that Alex and Wrighty and some Scandi foreigner were the pundits.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:13 pm

northern stag wrote:Got to agree about Walsh , a bit of an unsung hero, but a very talented footballer, if we had a male version of Williamson in our team we’d be sorted , she has telepathic reading of situations !!

spot on
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:16 pm

Refreshing not a lot of holding at corners
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum