{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Johnson

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Johnson

Postby ST4GS » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:14 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:I've taken abuse this week from a few Walsall fans I know at work!
Ask them if they will sell you their house for 50 grand and see what response you get.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:39 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:I've taken abuse this week from a few Walsall fans I know at work!
Ask them if they will sell you their house for 50 grand and see what response you get.

The simple fact is that Walsall didn't/wouldn't match the fee that had been accepted from another club - if their club wants to spin it another way then more fool their fans. If they had then he'd have been their player now, for the 6 months that he was only prepared to sign for. That they couldn't afford it is not our problem, they obviously didn't want him that much. It's a fairly easy concept to grasp, if you want to.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby NEStag » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:42 pm

Johnson’s position is also involved here. If he’d agreed to sign a 1.5 or 2.5 year deal Walsall would no doubt have paid a higher fee than for 6 months.

He didn’t want to do that because he presumably believes that he will get better wages as a free agent in the summer. That meant Walsall didn’t want to pay Mansfield’s price for signing such a short term deal.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:12 pm

NEStag wrote:Johnson’s position is also involved here. If he’d agreed to sign a 1.5 or 2.5 year deal Walsall would no doubt have paid a higher fee than for 6 months.

He didn’t want to do that because he presumably believes that he will get better wages as a free agent in the summer. That meant Walsall didn’t want to pay Mansfield’s price for signing such a short term deal.

Exactly, JR alludes to it when he said that the terms put in front of DJ and his agent from the club we accepted the bid from weren't suitable for DJ - and they would undoubtedly have been because it involved a lengthier contract. Walsall's fee would have likely factored in that he only wanted to stay with them for 6 months longer. It was all within his and Walsall's gift - he didn't want to sign for them when he could have done. JR just held on a fee for a player, and one that was already met.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:22 pm

Just remind them it's their chairman that doesn't want to pay the asking price. Others have had bids accepted and DJ rejected them.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:03 pm

This made me smile that I recently have seen

Breaking news!
Walsall has signed a 6month deal with Kleenex, as part of the £250,000 deal Kleenex have offered 75% off all Kleenex tissues for season ticket holders.

The contract is due to expire in the summer, however there is a pre-arranged agreement to extend for a further 12 months if Danny Johnson doesn't return to the Poundland stadium in the summer.

A representative from Kleenex said "we as a business totally understand the need for tissues at the current time due to the January window, we felt this would be a great opportunity to support the club and fans at this sensitive time."
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby St Hilary Stag » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:56 am

:lol:
part time pete wrote:This made me smile that I recently have seen

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Breaking news!
Walsall has signed a 6month deal with Kleenex, as part of the £250,000 deal Kleenex have offered 75% off all Kleenex tissues for season ticket holders.

The contract is due to expire in the summer, however there is a pre-arranged agreement to extend for a further 12 months if Danny Johnson doesn't return to the Poundland stadium in the summer.

A representative from Kleenex said "we as a business totally understand the need for tissues at the current time due to the January window, we felt this would be a great opportunity to support the club and fans at this sensitive time."
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SeanieStag » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:46 pm

He had a good game today. Looked hungry and up for it. I'm glad as I think we'll be needing him. It might have been the right decision from JR after all.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Oladamber66 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:21 pm

We should leave the lad alone ...all this negativity is no good for a players confidence... im sure he would get goals given a chance .... but he’s never going to do that sat on the bench
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:22 pm

I thought he did well today.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:32 pm

He’s a Mansfield player till the end of the season and it looks like Clough will be forced to play him. Good.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:42 pm

It was a good following today. Why would anyone want to play for Walsall when you could play for Mansfield? Beggars belief.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:43 pm

Surprised to see him used I must admit. He did ok. Hope he finds his scoring touch for us.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:50 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Surprised to see him used I must admit. He did ok. Hope he finds his scoring touch for us.

He knows he’s in the shop window and will be trying his best to impress. Every goal he scores from now until the end of the season is a few more quid on the bumper contract someone is gonna throw at him
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:06 pm

Great to see him celebrate our goal. Not
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:09 pm

S7AGS wrote:Great to see him celebrate our goal. Not

Yes that was very poor, especially after the extremely generous ovation Stags fans gave him when he was warming up at half time. He did OK when he came on, no more than that, but the fact we had 2 proper strikers helped shift the balance of the game.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:15 pm

He needs to sort his head out imo, he’s not going anywhere and will now be getting g game time with Oates out injured. The fans have been spot on with him as far as I can see, pretending to tie laces as soon as the ball went in is embarrassing, if I were manager I’d be having him in the office for a chat. Attitude stinks
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:40 pm

S7AGS wrote:He needs to sort his head out imo, he’s not going anywhere and will now be getting g game time with Oates out injured. The fans have been spot on with him as far as I can see, pretending to tie laces as soon as the ball went in is embarrassing, if I were manager I’d be having him in the office for a chat. Attitude stinks

My impression of that was that he was doing it to delay the restart.

I thought he could’ve done more to get to the free kick which was cleared off the line.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:56 pm

I saw Danny Johnson applauding the fans before the game and after the game.
I also saw him sharing a joke with Nigel Clough as the players first went out to the look at the pitch when they arrived. And then with Rhys Oates.
As I left the ground, I saw him outside and said well played to him. He seemed to be pleased and thanked me.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:02 pm

DJ looked desperate to score today, got frustrated at swan for not playing it through on a couple of occasions. We’ll need him if Oates is out so glad he played a bit today
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:41 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:DJ looked desperate to score today, got frustrated at swan for not playing it through on a couple of occasions. We’ll need him if Oates is out so glad he played a bit today

Swan needs to learn how to hit a ball a couple of times today he had clear sight of goal and decided to shoot with his instep instead smashing it , keeper on both occasions never troubled .
Last edited by Billy the fish on Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:17 am

Sulking or not, MTFC pay him, i don’t care if he never celebrates a goal again, what i trust Clough to do is make sure he gives 100% effort when called upon
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:15 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Sulking or not, MTFC pay him, i don’t care if he never celebrates a goal again, what i trust Clough to do is make sure he gives 100% effort when called upon

Agreed it sounds as though put in a good shift for us and that is all we ask of him. Anything else is just froth
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:20 am

I was surprised as many to see him play today

I thought his attitude was spot on. Applauded the fans and had a little smile on him too.

When he went down to tie his laces I thought it was a dig at the Bradford team for the time wasting antics they were employing which suddenly changed when we scored.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby AshoverStag » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:24 am

Time to move on and let this thread slide down the threads imo

DJ is a MTFC player, now played and put a decent shift in.

I’m sure we all want goals, and him to aid in that.

If he helps us get promotion then yes it will be a nice ending and that’s it
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum