{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sheffield Utd, pre-season behind closed doors game, Tues 8pm

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Sheffield Utd, pre-season behind closed doors game, Tues 8pm

Postby white5581 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:50 pm

Did i read today that the sheff U game is on ifollow to watch, can anyone confirm if true or not.
white5581
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Sheffield Utd behind closed door game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:20 pm

white5581 wrote:Did i read today that the sheff U game is on ifollow to watch, can anyone confirm if true or not.

The game will be available to watch in full on iFollow Stags on Wednesday. See below for why there is no live streaming.

I think Sheffield United may be live streaming it on their pay per view service but I cannot see absolute confirmation of that on their website.
update, Sheffield United are showing the game live on their SUTV service, for £7 (https://www.sufc.co.uk/videos/sub).

Explanation here:
Subject: Rotherham, pre-season friendly, Sat 16 July 3.00pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
london amber stag wrote:Just a quick question Martin, is there commentary of the Rotherham game live on Saturday? And why do we have to wait a day for the game to be shown? No problem but just curious.

no live commentary.
EFL would be charging the club too much to broadcast the game live on iFollow. The club would lose a lot of money I understand.
The game will be available in full the day after the game.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Sheffield Utd, pre-season behind closed doors game, Tues

Postby Rob » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:54 pm

It remains utterly ridiculous that fans are not allowed into this game, in fact, strikethrough ridiculous and insert "a disgrace".
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:26 pm

Rob wrote:It remains utterly ridiculous that fans are not allowed into this game, in fact, strikethrough ridiculous and insert "a disgrace".

It remains utterly ridiculous a disgrace that fans are not allowed into this game.

:D
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:33 pm

Beano wrote:
Rob wrote:It remains utterly ridiculous that fans are not allowed into this game, in fact, strikethrough ridiculous and insert "a disgrace".

It remains utterly ridiculous a disgrace that fans are not allowed into this game.

Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:49 am

I take it the game will be played at the RH ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:23 am

One of our fans has got a temporay one game job as a pitchside steward for the game and as of now has no idea of t'location.

It's like trying to prise the truth out of Bojo.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:36 am

Beano wrote:

Disgrace is a little over the top, disappointing maybe but I’m sure they have their reasons.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:57 am

stag324 wrote:
Beano wrote:

Disgrace is a little over the top, disappointing maybe but I’m sure they have their reasons.

Correct, preseason games are glorified training sessions, disappointing if you like to watch them but life goes on until 30th July when the business starts.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Nutty Stag » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:06 am

It's on SUFC TV priced at £7
Nutty Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:09 am

Nutty Stag wrote:It's on SUFC TV priced at £7

:)

https://live.sufc.co.uk/
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:15 am

oldweststander wrote:
stag324 wrote:
Beano wrote:

Correct, preseason games are glorified training sessions, disappointing if you like to watch them but life goes on until 30th July when the business starts.

2,500 were at the game yesterday. More would have been at the Sheff Utd game, probably bringing in about 40k in gate receipts, food sales etc. You are content that the club have lost that revenue? It's a disgrace we have been told or asked to play this game behind closed doors, to the best of my knowledge this has never happened before and other local games, such as County v Forest, have not had the same restriction.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:32 am

Rob wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
stag324 wrote:
Beano wrote:

2,500 were at the game yesterday. More would have been at the Sheff Utd game, probably bringing in about 40k in gate receipts, food sales etc. You are content that the club have lost that revenue? It's a disgrace we have been told or asked to play this game behind closed doors, to the best of my knowledge this has never happened before and other local games, such as County v Forest, have not had the same restriction.

The club obviously have their reasons, and therefore I am happy.

I just find your reaction over the top and isn’t it free the following day for us?

And again it is not a disgrace, just disappointing.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:47 am

Surely too hot to play anyway.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:27 am

Rob wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
stag324 wrote:
Beano wrote:

The club must be happy, other wise they wouldn't have agreed to it. Yes it is disappointing but a disgrace ? No I don't think so.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:40 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Rob wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
stag324 wrote:
Beano wrote:

The club must be happy, other wise they wouldn't have agreed to it. Yes it is disappointing but a disgrace ? No I don't think so.

no, the club are not happy at all. Essentially the club were given no choice by the police.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:41 am

Kernow wrote:Surely too hot to play anyway.

kick off moved back to 8pm so the sun will have more or less gone.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:59 pm

It's a disgrace. But no worse than Mansfield gets treated from every other government department in the country.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:16 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:It's a disgrace. But no worse than Mansfield gets treated from every other government department in the country.

I dunno Al, some seem quite happy that the club have lost substantial income and thousands of fans have been unable to attend the game, yet our Notts neighbours have had no games forced to be played behind closed doors.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:16 pm

Maybe we should write to the Tory Nottinghamshire Police and Crime Commissioner - Caroline Henry

Nottinghamshire Police and Crime Commissioner, Force Headquarters, Sherwood Lodge, Arnold, Nottingham, NG5 8PP
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stag324 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:35 pm

It appears a disaster is about engulf the oldest football league club in the world.

They have been asked by the police to play a friendly behind closed doors.

Will the club survive? Will the players cope? Will there be riots on the streets of the U.K. on Tuesday night?

Check in on Wednesday to see what happened.

It’s going to a challenging few days ahead
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:45 am

stag324 wrote:It appears a disaster is about engulf the oldest football league club in the world.

They have been asked by the police to play a friendly behind closed doors.

Will the club survive? Will the players cope? Will there be riots on the streets of the U.K. on Tuesday night?

Check in on Wednesday to see what happened.

It’s going to a challenging few days ahead

What’s 1860 Munich got to do with it?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:15 am

The problem being with notts police is that they’re so hopelessly terrible they actually cause more problems than they solve, and by this i mean the force not necessarily the coppers on the ground that have to follow the rules from above.

The question here is what justification is there for it to be cancelled? what “intelligence” do they have for it? why would sheffield united cause loads of trouble for a friendly?

I understand though that their game with lincoln was also behind closed doors.

From the club perspective, if we are dealing with such a hopeless force we should treat them like a child - ask them who they’d be happy with us playing? like burton etc?

The club should invoice the lost revenue to notts plod.
Last edited by adamstag on Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:19 am

Pc Albanese can't be very good at his job not to allow fans in. He's making Gabbitas look half decent.
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:21 am

bigalstag1 wrote:It's a disgrace. But no worse than Mansfield gets treated from every other government department in the country.

Grow up.

For whatever reason it has happened, intelligence reports, etc we don't know. Notts Police are always the whipping boys when it comes to supporters complaints.

The gate.
Not losing Quarry Lane.
Now not allowing a game to go ahead at the One Call.

They don't do that for fun you know, there will be a valid reason. Maybe writing to the PCC will get you an answer, but will anyone bother. Just get on with it, plenty more games to go see.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum