{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

rumours on new signings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:55 am

Went to ground this morning to get my son new away kit. Seen a young guy in derby shorts and top, looked like a player, didn’t recognise him at time, but looked like Jack Stretton having looked at Derbys team pictures.
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:59 am

^^^^ This is the type of content we need
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:13 am

wayno cordiniho wrote:^^^^ This is the type of content we need

Always a lottery with a signings like this (obviously just a rumour at this stage). Looks like he’s rated quite highly by Derby fans, and had a good, albeit short stint at Stockport last season but you never know what you’re going to get.

Sounds injury prone as well.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby AshoverStag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:25 am

No Breaks Allowed wrote:Went to ground this morning to get my son new away kit. Seen a young guy in derby shorts and top, looked like a player, didn’t recognise him at time, but looked like Jack Stretton having looked at Derbys team pictures.

After reading ^^^^^ Thought I’d take a look

Just watched his goals, and chances for Derby under 23’s side. Nice touch, composed, can certainly finish at that level. Nice headed goal too, and a cool penalty.

Rooney certainly rated him from what was said.
Last edited by AshoverStag on Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:37 am

Can be amazing for u23/21 sides. Danny Mitchley comes to mind that that doesn't equal amazing league 2 player.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:38 am

Have Derby got enough players to be loaning players out? Barely got a squad have they and I can’t see them signing anyone new for a while.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:45 am

No Breaks Allowed wrote:Went to ground this morning to get my son new away kit. Seen a young guy in derby shorts and top, looked like a player, didn’t recognise him at time, but looked like Jack Stretton having looked at Derbys team pictures.

At long last a bit a Goss ;) , get in
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:02 pm

Timi Odusini not gone on tour to Portugal with Hartlepool. Mentioned before he would be a good signing
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stag95 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:03 pm

You sir have revived this thread and we thank you for it.

Having said that I think he’s got a contract with them until next season and can’t see him being loaned out when they only have 5 players (and he’s one of them)
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:08 pm

MOTG wrote:Timi Odusini not gone on tour to Portugal with Hartlepool. Mentioned before he would be a good signing

He’s going to either Bradford or Stockport.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:19 pm

This would have to be a buy rather than a loan surely. Derby only have 5 players (Bielik, Max Bird, Jason Knight, Louie Sibley and Jack Stretton) and Stretton is their only forward. Therefore they wouldn’t willingly let him go on loan but if we’ve offered to buy him then do they have to accept the offer due to them being in administration?
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Young021 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:24 pm

Unfortunately,this isn’t true. Stretts was at training with derby today.
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Billy the fish » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:53 pm

Young021 wrote:

:

Oh why do you go and spoil it for all the Believers :D
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:06 pm

Young021 wrote:

Possibly Eiran Cashin? Young CB, started 18 games for Derby last season but his contract is up. He’s from Mansfield as well.

No basis behind it, he just looks similar (ish) to Stretton :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Young021 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:14 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Young021 wrote:

Possibly Eiran Cashin? Young CB, started 18 games for Derby last season but his contract is up. He’s from Mansfield as well.

He was also at derby training. Maybe just a made up story or was a former youth teamer from derby. But it wasn’t stretts or cash.
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:29 pm

Chad report.

2 youngsters coming in from Premier League clubs. A defender and a forward. Also after a keeper and a striker.

Probably the young lad from Forest then as the forward?

Hope the defender is the business as well. Was hoping we would sign a CB to come in and be nailed on first choice
Last edited by BH_Stag on Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:31 pm

Young021 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Young021 wrote:

He was also at derby training. Maybe just a made up story or was a former youth teamer from derby. But it wasn’t stretts or cash.

I only got a quick look at him as he walked past me. Might not be either of those like you say, we’ll have to wait and see.
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby robeyre » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:33 pm

Either of these players would be good. Even if not true thanks for the post. It's brought this thread back to its purpose and given me an hour of interest.
Cheers
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby AnonAlias » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:17 pm

I take it that the two loans from the Premier League club is from Nottingham Forest :| , when they word it like that you''d think you'd be getting loans from City or Arsenal or whatever. But no, we're getting Will Swan who has one league goal for Vale, and Harbottle.
AnonAlias
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:30 pm

Reading decent things about Harbottle. Not too sure on the Swan one personally but don’t know much about either.

I’m always a bit sceptical with loans like these though. There’s risk in any signing but young loans have you hoping that they are going to be good and really make an impact, rather than knowing that they are going to do that.

That’s why for me Boateng was a cracking signing. He’s at a good age and he’s performed well at this level consistently. I was hoping for a couple more of that ilk with us needing to sign fewer players this summer.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:36 pm

Swan scored 12 in 23 PL2 games last year. He clearly knows where the net is. The question is whether or not he can step into first team football.

If he’s competing with Oates, Bowery, possibly Hawkins and DJ or another signing then it’s relatively low risk for potential big returns.

If they are lads from forest then they come with good pedigree and should be able to perform similar to Stirk and Forrester.

I’m quite enthused at the thought
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:57 pm

We need quality, not unknown lads on loan.

Think it's about time Sedgwick and Broomo started to name a few names they were told.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:03 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:We need quality, not unknown lads on loan.

Think it's about time Sedgwick and Broomo started to name a few names they were told.

Every young lad has to start somewhere. Let’s at least see then play first shall we?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:04 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:We need quality, not unknown lads on loan.

I hope Broomo is right....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:15 pm

It’s not like they are coming as our main players.

They will add something to the group and if one of them comes good, then that’s a big bonus
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum