{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wembley Vale scorefred sponsored by Step 3

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wembley Vale scorefred sponsored by Step 3

Postby Billy the fish » Thu May 26, 2022 4:33 pm

0-4 vale
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Thu May 26, 2022 6:14 pm

zod wrote:
diablo wrote:Are the Season ticket Holders shirts available , I haven't heard anything

Did you have a season ticket during the pandemic?
If not then no.

Yes I had a Season ticket during the Pandemic , ordered my shirt and heard nothing since other than they were delayed
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Thu May 26, 2022 6:17 pm

diablo wrote:
zod wrote:
diablo wrote:Are the Season ticket Holders shirts available , I haven't heard anything

If not then no.

Yes I had a Season ticket during the Pandemic , ordered my shirt and heard nothing since other than they were delayed

you should ring the club after wembley i’ve had mine a good half year (not that i’ve wore it due to a mixture of their “medium” being a chinese medium and me being too fat to fit into it
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu May 26, 2022 6:29 pm

diablo wrote:
zod wrote:

If not then no.

Have you been living on a different planet not seeing fans wearing them at games and on social media. If I didn’t know any different I think you are having folk on.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu May 26, 2022 8:38 pm

Its happening, starting to feel sick... and not just because I've been hungover all day!

Praying for once we do it the easy way and just play well and take our chances pleaseeee
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu May 26, 2022 8:57 pm

Data Analysis via SportsMole

"Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a Mansfield Town win with a probability of 43.1%. A win for Port Vale has a probability of 29.53% and a draw has a probability of 27.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a Mansfield Town win is 1-0 with a probability of 12.2%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome are 2-1 (8.62%) and 2-0 (8.16%). The likeliest Port Vale win is 0-1 (9.65%), while for a drawn scoreline it is 1-1 (12.89%)."

Make of that what you will.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Walton Stag » Thu May 26, 2022 8:58 pm

Has anybody got any idea what our team will be on the day? Do we try and pass them to death (Maris, Longstaff, Murphy etc) or do we go with the battering ram approach of the Northampton away leg (Wallace, O’Toole in midfield, Bowery and Akins at wing backs?)

There are going to be some very disappointed players come 4o’clock on Saturday. Nigel can only play 11.
I think these are nailed on starters. Bishop O’Toole Hawkins, McLaughlin, Quinn, Bowery Oates. I’m going for:

Bishop.
Hewitt Perch Hawkins McLaughlin.
O’Toole.
Akins Longstaff Quinn Bowery.
Oates.

Thoughts?
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFC Man » Thu May 26, 2022 9:07 pm

Walton Stag wrote:Has anybody got any idea what our team will be on the day? Do we try and pass them to death (Maris, Longstaff, Murphy etc) or do we go with the battering ram approach of the Northampton away leg (Wallace, O’Toole in midfield, Bowery and Akins at wing backs?)

There are going to be some very disappointed players come 4o’clock on Saturday. Nigel can only play 11.
I think these are nailed on starters. Bishop O’Toole Hawkins, McLaughlin, Quinn, Bowery Oates. I’m going for:

Bishop.
Hewitt Perch Hawkins McLaughlin.
O’Toole.
Akins Longstaff Quinn Bowery.
Oates.

Thoughts?

I would say that the guaranteed starters are Bishop, Mclaughlin, O'toole, Quinn and Oates. With that my team would be:
Bishop
Hewitt Perch O'toole Mclaughlin
Maris
Akins Lapslie Quinn Bowery
Oates

However I think Clough will start Longstaff over Lapslie. Slightly controversial dropping Hawkins but think that Northampton's long ball tactics suited him very much and that he wouldn't be as successful against this Port Vale side. On top of that I think we need Perch's experience in the side so it was between Hewitt and Hawkins. If Hawkins does start I won't be to bothered though as it is tight between them.
MTFC Man
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ParisStag » Thu May 26, 2022 9:20 pm

We are OK a big pitch vs a team used to a big pitch. I think he'll go for the energetic players and runners, rather than a physical set up. I'd go for ...

Bishop
Hewitt Perch O'Toole Macca
Longstaff Maris Quinn
Bowey Oates Murphy

Press high up, use the space, let the ball do the work, etc
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu May 26, 2022 9:32 pm

No way would he drop Hawkins. JJ in the same role as at Northampton for me too with the same back 4. Will work a treat.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu May 26, 2022 9:41 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:No way would he drop Hawkins. JJ in the same role as at Northampton for me too with the same back 4. Will work a treat.

Worked against Cobblers, not sure it will here.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFC Man » Thu May 26, 2022 10:03 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:No way would he drop Hawkins. JJ in the same role as at Northampton for me too with the same back 4. Will work a treat.

Hawkins has always played well against the Cobblers this season due to their play style so taking into fact that Port Vale play completely differently, Hawkins has not been the best against teams like them so personally would drop him for Perch who is better with his feet being a more experienced defender.
MTFC Man
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Thu May 26, 2022 10:38 pm

ParisStag wrote:We are OK a big pitch vs a team used to a big pitch. I think he'll go for the energetic players and runners, rather than a physical set up. I'd go for ...

Bishop
Longstaff Maris Quinn
Bowey Oates Murphy

Can’t play Longstaff and Quinn together in midfield. Not enough bite nor enough legs on the big Wembley pitch.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby CornishStag » Thu May 26, 2022 11:57 pm

Personally, I would start with ball winners and playmakers because I thi k at our best, wre can win this game without extra time or penalties.

I would like Hewitt in, Hawkins and Perch in the middle, of course, Macca.

O'toole for experience, just in front, to make a solid spine.

Quinn, 100%, if fully fit, to link with Macca.

Bowery, Oates and Murphy up top. Murphs had to play catch up and had a lot of games in quick succession. With a bit more freshness and his experience, I think he is going to have a very good game.

Equally, I think Longstaff and Quinn will have had a bit more rest. I think they can play together and be influential for about 70 minutes, then we will likely meed more legs.

If we are up, I would bring on the "closers" to coin a Baseball phrase, with Akins, Wallace, etc. as we tire and hold on for a famous win.

My prediction, 3-2. Both teams at it. Oatsy, Macca and Murphy for the winning goal and a fantastic day at Wembley!))
CornishStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri May 27, 2022 4:52 am

I just wanna win it, let’s do this ………our time will come, is this our time ? COYS
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Boza Stag » Fri May 27, 2022 5:44 am

yorkshire stag wrote:I just wanna win it, let’s do this ………our time will come, is this our time ? COYS

Fingers crossed :coys:
Boza Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri May 27, 2022 5:44 am

The weather forecast looks decent, not too hot or windy with very little chance of rain. It will be warmer on the pitch but shouldn’t be hot enough to spoil the game.

Conditions should produce a good open game and I think we have enough to win it. We need to keep it tight at the back and try not to get pulled out of position as opposition pace could be our downfall if they try and exploit the larger pitch. It’s for that reason that I would drop Hawkins due to his slow turning speed. I acknowledge his extra heading ability but don’t think that will be our main problem. Tomorrow will be horses for courses and if Clough does as well with selection as he did at Northampton, we should be ok. I’m going for a 3-1 win.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri May 27, 2022 6:49 am

the bookies appear to have us as ever slight favourites to win in 90 mins but the same odds to win the tie.

Try and busy yourselves at work. going to be a long day!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Fri May 27, 2022 6:57 am

I’d think that it’ll be a similar side to the one that started v Northampton at home - that’s NCs game winning side. Only question is whether Hewitt comes back in
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri May 27, 2022 7:08 am

;) i see JR horse runs at Pontefract 21.00 Dark Shot 12/1 most firms.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racin ... :00/winner
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:26 am

Marky Mark wrote:I’d think that it’ll be a similar side to the one that started v Northampton at home - that’s NCs game winning side. Only question is whether Hewitt comes back in

He has to start Hewitt IMO - Perch isn’t the same player at right back
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri May 27, 2022 7:32 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:We are OK a big pitch vs a team used to a big pitch. I think he'll go for the energetic players and runners, rather than a physical set up. I'd go for ...

Bishop
Longstaff Maris Quinn
Bowey Oates Murphy

Can’t play Longstaff and Quinn together in midfield. Not enough bite nor enough legs on the big Wembley pitch.

It's a toss up between big pitch players with the ball vs big pitch players without the ball. Longstaff doesn't have legs without the ball, but his passing will help spread it when in possession. He's also used to playing in front of big crowds.

Quinn and the front 3 have the legs. I also chose Murphy over Aikins because he's scored at Wembley before.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri May 27, 2022 7:34 am

One change for me from the away leg and that would be Maris in for Wallace, which is through no fault of his own as I thought he was excellent in that game. I just think we need to be slightly more attacking and Maris gives us that bit more control and impetus in building attacks and he’s been very good in one of those deep lying midfield roles.

It’s a big pitch as referenced by Clough, so for me you’ve got to get legs around the pitch, at least initially. Hewitt will offer us more going forward at RB than Perch, so the back 4 stays the same for me.

Akins and Bowery will put in plenty of hard yards going backwards in wide areas so I think they’re a must. Murphy to have an impact as a sub later on as the opposition tires.

I can’t find space for Longstaff as Quinn and Maris are ahead of him for me, and you can’t play him as the third midfielder as it would be far too open. Would have concerns about his ability to get around the pitch too.

It’s as 50/50 as they come this one! Enjoying the build up but I know come around 3pm tomorrow it will be very nervy!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Fri May 27, 2022 8:04 am

part time pete wrote:
diablo wrote:
zod wrote:

If not then no.

Have you been living on a different planet not seeing fans wearing them at games and on social media. If I didn’t know any different I think you are having folk on.

To be honest I don't normally notice what other people are wearing and other than here do not visit social media sites and had forgotten about the shirt offer until a guy in the shirt sat in front of me at the last game...I thought the Club were supposed to let you know when to collect your shirt, the other 3 guys I sit with haven't heard anything either however its no big deal and I will nip to the Club next week..thanks for your reply
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri May 27, 2022 8:28 am

diablo wrote:
part time pete wrote:
diablo wrote:
zod wrote:

If not then no.

To be honest I don't normally notice what other people are wearing and other than here do not visit social media sites and had forgotten about the shirt offer until a guy in the shirt sat in front of me at the last game...I thought the Club were supposed to let you know when to collect your shirt, the other 3 guys I sit with haven't heard anything either however its no big deal and I will nip to the Club next week..thanks for your reply

there have been several threads on here about the shirts, including this one: viewtopic.php?p=917416#p917416
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum