{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wembley Central or Wembley Stadium or Wembley Park stations

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Wembley Central or Wembley Stadium or Wembley Park stations

Postby Devon Stag » Tue May 24, 2022 10:12 pm

After debating whether to drive or take the train I have decided that with a four year old son it would be alot less hassle to go by train, (the last time we were at Wembley I drove there no problem) so I was just wondering which station everyone is going too to get to the stadium?
I was going to book tickets to go the Wembley Stadium station, but someone who I spoke to tonight said that Wembley Central or Wembley Park are better? So I was just asking for anyone's help and advice who has been before or anyone who knows as to which the best option is please.
Many thanks in advance
Official home sponsor of Exodus Geohaghon.
http://twitter.com/#!/DevonStag
Devon Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Wembley Central or Wembley Stadium or Wembley Park stati

Postby stagmanrob » Tue May 24, 2022 10:32 pm

Wembley Stadium station is a normal railway station and is closest.

Wembley Park is next closest and nearer where our allocated pubs will be, but it's a London Underground station only.

Wembley Central is both normal rail and underground, but a walk to the stadium.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue May 24, 2022 11:22 pm

Wembley Park underground station will be the best for you. All of the Stags pubs are that side of the stadium like Rob says so you will be closer to the Stags fans rather than Vale.

Plus as soon as you come out of the station you will get that amazing view down Wembley Way. It's a special sight from there, especially when you see the amber and blue of the Stags!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Devon Stag » Wed May 25, 2022 5:01 am

Thanks everyone. So I'm thinking maybe my best option might be to get a return ticket to Paddington station and then get the underground to Wembley Park as I cant book Wembley Park on the same booking as because you said Rob it is only an underground station.
Official home sponsor of Exodus Geohaghon.
http://twitter.com/#!/DevonStag
Devon Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stoney » Wed May 25, 2022 9:05 am

Devon Stag wrote:Thanks everyone. So I'm thinking maybe my best option might be to get a return ticket to Paddington station and then get the underground to Wembley Park as I cant book Wembley Park on the same booking as because you said Rob it is only an underground station.

When we go to England home games we get the train to St Pancras then the tube to Wembley Park. Takes about 20/25 minutes on the tube from the centre of London.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Cockney Stag » Wed May 25, 2022 10:13 am

As someone who lives very close, you would be very lucky to park anywhere near the ground.

EMR to St Pancras, then Metropolitan line to Wembley Park is your shortest route, although the trains will be very busy.

Wembley Central will be quieter but require a walk from St Pancras to Euston (or you get the Victoria or Northern lines, but I wouldn't recommend that as you have to walk a lot anyway)

There is a 3rd station, Wembley Stadium national rail but you'd have to make your way to Marylebone Station.

Fourth and probably final option, at St Pancras you could take the Thameslink (it's below the EMR) to Hendon and then take the 83 bus. This will be the quietest route for the most part.
Cockney Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed May 25, 2022 4:29 pm

Your best bet would be to drive to Hillingdon tube station, a massive ‘cheap’ car park on a Saturday and catch the tube to Wembley Park. The advantage is that the tube ride is from the outskirts and doesn’t touch central London.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Chacawab » Wed May 25, 2022 7:01 pm

After a recommendation from a Watford fan, we’re parking at Hemel Hempstead and getting the train into Wembley Central. Cheap parking on someone’s drive and friends and family card rail discount.
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum