{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

SSA travel to Wembley

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: SSA travel to Wembley

Postby Rob » Mon May 23, 2022 8:57 pm

garlic wrote:I couldnt book a seat because you had to apply in person, with cash. and since I live in the nether regions of N.Ireland neither could be achieved so I couldnt book a seat even though I am an Amber member of SSA. As for someone booking for me, how do they know who I am, they could be booking for anybody. The simple answer was of course for the SSA to establish some means of communication between its far flung members and itself, but it closed down both it`s e-mail and telephone links.

You'd have a point if it was the club with paid employees, but it isn't, they cannot cater for everyone. As Pete says you could have asked someone on here to get you a bus ticket, sent them the money and picked the ticket up on the day. Someone asked for a lift from Lincoln, I'm taking him as I had space. Its what we do ;)
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon May 23, 2022 9:38 pm

As Rob says there's only a handful of them in the SSA and they all have full time jobs and are volunteers. They've clearly had an avalanche of requests that far outnumber what can be achieved by volunteers. They won't get any help from the club so they'll be really struggling. I'm more than happy to go and get you a coach ticket just let me know.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Tue May 24, 2022 6:24 pm

Rob wrote:
garlic wrote:I couldnt book a seat because you had to apply in person, with cash. and since I live in the nether regions of N.Ireland neither could be achieved so I couldnt book a seat even though I am an Amber member of SSA. As for someone booking for me, how do they know who I am, they could be booking for anybody. The simple answer was of course for the SSA to establish some means of communication between its far flung members and itself, but it closed down both it`s e-mail and telephone links.

You'd have a point if it was the club with paid employees, but it isn't, they cannot cater for everyone. As Pete says you could have asked someone on here to get you a bus ticket, sent them the money and picked the ticket up on the day. Someone asked for a lift from Lincoln, I'm taking him as I had space. Its what we do ;)

I`m not asking them to cater for everyone, just their members. I am aware that it is run by volunteers and that it was a very unusual situation they found themselves in but if you have a membership from a large catchment area it must be catered for. As for asking somebody else to purchase a seat for me, that surely would have needed collaboration with the SSA as initially it was for members only, and I didnt get the info regarding the non-members until it was too late. I will take this up privately with the SSA after Wembley to try and work out out a procedure that ensures this situation doesn`t arise again, as it has proved very costly.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby MansfieldMick » Tue May 24, 2022 7:44 pm

How many buses SSA taking
:coys:
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue May 24, 2022 8:04 pm

garlic wrote:
Rob wrote:

I`m not asking them to cater for everyone, just their members. I am aware that it is run by volunteers and that it was a very unusual situation they found themselves in but if you have a membership from a large catchment area it must be catered for. As for asking somebody else to purchase a seat for me, that surely would have needed collaboration with the SSA as initially it was for members only, and I didnt get the info regarding the non-members until it was too late. I will take this up privately with the SSA after Wembley to try and work out out a procedure that ensures this situation doesn`t arise again, as it has proved very costly.

Someone goes down, gives your name, they pay, you have a seat on the bus? No?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Tue May 24, 2022 8:10 pm

Without a membership card to prove id?
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue May 24, 2022 8:14 pm

garlic wrote:Without a membership card to prove id?

Surely your name is on their database, or send a picture of your card to whoever's booking your seat?

I'm not trying to be an arse here, but from the posts on here, Facebook, twitter, people are coming from alot further a field than you are. If they can make it happen, so can you.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu May 26, 2022 9:36 am

IMPORTANT SSA WEMBLEY TRAVEL INFORMATION
SSA have 17 coaches travelling to Wembley on Saturday and it WILL be busy, please respect that SSA is ran by unpaid volunteers as a labour of love and courtesy and patience will be required.
Please read the following information in order to help the SSA volunteers load the coaches as quickly and efficiently as possible :
Car parking at One Call Stadium will be VERY limited so please consider being dropped off or car sharing
Sandys Bar will be open from 7am, breakfast will be available as will Stags Wembley merchandise
Please queue for coaches with your full party of travellers
There will be a single riders queue
Coaches will depart at 9.30 AM and access to coaches will be by travel ticket only - no ticket no travel!
Please be aware SSA are sold out so you will have a fellow Stags fan in a seat next to you when travelling
No alcohol will be allowed on SSA coaches
If you choose to leave any belongings on the SSA coaches whilst at the match this is at your OWN RISK and SSA take no responsibility for any missing items
After the match the SSA coaches will aim to leave Wembley approximately 30 MINUTES after the players leave the pitch and return down the tunnel - it is YOUR responsibility to return to the same numbered coach you travelled on within this timescale. Exact coach departure time will be at the individual sole discretion of the SSA Coach Steward and SSA TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY for your travel back to One Call Stadium and / or any associated expense should you fail to return to your same numbered coach within the timescale above
SSA hopes all travellers have a wonderful day!
Come On You Stags!
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Big yella » Thu May 26, 2022 1:56 pm

Garlic check your pm’s.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum