{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Akins

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Akins

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed May 18, 2022 10:47 pm

Without wanting to single players out because the all dug deep...

Akins was excellent again this evening. Put his body on the line. Well chuffed for him

Wallace was epic
Last edited by PEAR CIDER on Thu May 19, 2022 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4951
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: Aikens

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed May 18, 2022 10:48 pm

We didn’t have any player who underperformed tonight.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5561
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Aikens

Postby Sneag » Wed May 18, 2022 10:51 pm

He was brilliant tonight. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11516
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Aikens

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed May 18, 2022 11:20 pm

Akins*
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: Akins

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 19, 2022 12:29 am

Hawkins was my MOTM tonight absolutely bloody brilliant
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12524
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Akins

Postby NEStag » Thu May 19, 2022 12:46 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Hawkins was my MOTM tonight absolutely bloody brilliant


I will chuck in three MOTM - Hawkins (as you said), JJOT (bossed the defensive midfield) and Bishop. Bishop’s first minute save was a game changer, his interception with his feet stopped a big chance and I can’t recall him making a mistake all night.
NEStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:53 pm

Re: Akins

Postby the saint » Thu May 19, 2022 1:16 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Hawkins was my MOTM tonight absolutely bloody brilliant
the saint
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Aikens

Postby halifaxstag » Thu May 19, 2022 1:26 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:We didn’t have any player who underperformed tonight.

Better than that, they all played well and did the tasks that they were given.
halifaxstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am
Location: Northowram, Halifax

Re: Akins

Postby the saint » Thu May 19, 2022 1:43 am

The hole team played great tonight ...

but you know what ... i loved watching Akins play tonight ...

well done my son you had a great game ...
the saint
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Akins

Postby CassellsCap » Thu May 19, 2022 1:55 am

The last ten mins at home Lucas came on and you could see he was what we needed. Very good decision to play him tonight and boy did he put a shift in.. every player was outstanding .
CassellsCap
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Akins

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu May 19, 2022 8:31 am

Brilliant from Akins and all of the boys, especially Hawks and JJ.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4780
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Akins

Postby Sedgwick » Thu May 19, 2022 9:22 am

NEStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Hawkins was my MOTM tonight absolutely bloody brilliant


I will chuck in three MOTM - Hawkins (as you said), JJOT (bossed the defensive midfield) and Bishop. Bishop’s first minute save was a game changer, his interception with his feet stopped a big chance and I can’t recall him making a mistake all night.


Seen the reply from behind the goal on sky? It was absolutely class how he got to it, it was going in!

Akins is a good player and I think will become a fan favourite. Not the easiest of starts for him but glad he played like that when it mattered most.

Whole team was fantastic and did the job expected of them superbly.

For all of Northamptons possession and "threat" they only had the one shot on goal all game.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6633
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Akins

Postby m1cksut » Thu May 19, 2022 9:25 am

CassellsCap wrote:The last ten mins at home Lucas came on and you could see he was what we needed. Very good decision to play him tonight and boy did he put a shift in.. every player was outstanding .


i agree, as a critic of his in the past, he has started to show that he is the player that young nigel says he is.
long may it continue.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
User avatar
m1cksut
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Re: Akins

Postby bear 73 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:55 am

You dont have the career and fan adulation that Akins has had, and the trust Clough has in him, Unless you are a good player
It was nice to see him played in his favoured position right wing back, i thought he supported Hewitt very well
bear 73
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1348
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Akins

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu May 19, 2022 9:56 am

m1cksut wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:The last ten mins at home Lucas came on and you could see he was what we needed. Very good decision to play him tonight and boy did he put a shift in.. every player was outstanding .


i agree, as a critic of his in the past, he has started to show that he is the player that young nigel says he is.
long may it continue.


There's been a few players (Oates, Hewitt, Bowery) that all have had slow starts under Clough but overtime have become fantastic players. I think the same with Akins, too.

Last night, Akins looked good in a team full of players that were at their best
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Akins

Postby georgefostersbeard » Thu May 19, 2022 10:02 am

Hewitt was a total headscratcher when signed and then when he started in early games. It was hard to trust Simon Clough's judgement by the end of September and yet, Hewitt has been a total revelation
Tainted Soul says I am great!
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4742
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Akins

Postby Conker » Thu May 19, 2022 10:12 am

Akins best position is definitely down the right.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3617
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Akins

Postby Hon Sec » Thu May 19, 2022 10:17 am

Sadly we have a lot of so called supporters that don’t really give some players a chance. Not all players join a new team and hit form straight away. We have to trust the management, and they should know more than most of us. But obviously some supporters know better.
Hon Sec
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Akins

Postby georgefostersbeard » Thu May 19, 2022 10:37 am

Conker wrote:Akins best position is definitely down the right.


Agreed, how many positions has he played since January?
Tainted Soul says I am great!
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4742
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Akins

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu May 19, 2022 11:12 am

I also think Bowery has had two exceptionally good play-off games.

he was barely tackled last night, showed great strength in the challenge, got up and down the pitch well and posed an attacking threat.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6685
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Akins

Postby stags1963 » Thu May 19, 2022 11:17 am

Hewitt the most improved player this season.
stags1963
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Akins

Postby Sedgwick » Thu May 19, 2022 11:20 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:I also think Bowery has had two exceptionally good play-off games.

he was barely tackled last night, showed great strength in the challenge, got up and down the pitch well and posed an attacking threat.


I like how much he tracks back... will chase a player from the half way line to his own 6yard box and wont give up.

Never seems to tire either, JB Machine
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6633
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Akins

Postby bear 73 » Thu May 19, 2022 11:50 am

Hon Sec wrote:Sadly we have a lot of so called supporters that don’t really give some players a chance. Not all players join a new team and hit form straight away. We have to trust the management, and they should know more than most of us. But obviously some supporters know better.

Are these supporters England internationals, , played Football at the highest level, and Managed over 20 years professionally, have a team of experts behind them.
Some very wise people have said in Nigel We Trust, .
bear 73
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1348
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Akins

Postby zod » Thu May 19, 2022 11:57 am

bear 73 wrote:
Hon Sec wrote:Sadly we have a lot of so called supporters that don’t really give some players a chance. Not all players join a new team and hit form straight away. We have to trust the management, and they should know more than most of us. But obviously some supporters know better.

Are these supporters England internationals, , played Football at the highest level, and Managed over 20 years professionally, have a team of experts behind them.
Some very wise people have said in Nigel We Trust, .


Don't be stupid, they are all multiple World Cup winners! :lol:
zod
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:31 am

Re: Akins

Postby m1cksut » Thu May 19, 2022 4:50 pm

zod wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Hon Sec wrote:Sadly we have a lot of so called supporters that don’t really give some players a chance. Not all players join a new team and hit form straight away. We have to trust the management, and they should know more than most of us. But obviously some supporters know better.

Are these supporters England internationals, , played Football at the highest level, and Managed over 20 years professionally, have a team of experts behind them.
Some very wise people have said in Nigel We Trust, .


Don't be stupid, they are all multiple World Cup winners! :lol:


if you could clamber out of NCs colon for a moment?
until these two games akins had not lived up to his billing, and looked a liability most games, even the management agreed that he had to work so hard for a second touch as his first touch was so bad.
but, getting dropped for a game, and being played in a different position, he is starting to shine.
shame it took so long.
mick sutton, (multiple FA Cup winner, multiple League Champion, took MTFC from 4th division to European Cup victory in 5 successive seasons on Football Manager on the Commodore 64)
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
User avatar
m1cksut
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], HitchcocksShins, maverick34, Richard Cranium, Sandy Pate Best Stag and 53 guests