{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

games available on iFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

games available on iFollow

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:34 pm

games available on iFollow with a match pass in UK:

Swindon, Tuesday 11th 7.30pm - yes
Walsall, Sat 15th 3pm - no
Forest Green, Tues 18th 7.45 - yes
Barrow, Sat 22nd 3pm - no
Leyton Orient, Sat 29nd 3pm - no
Harrogate, Tues 1st 7.45 - yes
Colchester, Tues 8th 7.45 - yes

Forest Green have confirmed to our secretary that the game will be available for streaming on iFollow next Tuesday.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: games available on iFollow

Postby Sneag » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:14 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:games available on iFollow with a match pass in UK:

Swindon, Tuesday 11th 7.30pm - yes
Walsall, Sat 15th 3pm - no
Forest Green, Tues 18th 7.45 - yes
Barrow, Sat 22nd 3pm - no
Leyton Orient, Sat 29nd 3pm - no

Forest Green have confirmed to our secretary that the game will be available for streaming on iFollow next Tuesday.

Then I take back what I said about FGR.

Nah only kidding. Still hate them.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:00 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:10 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:https://www.mansfieldtown.net/matches/fixtures/first-team/202122/january/forest-green-rovers-vs-mansfield-town-on-18-dec-21/

Link is for the original game.

The match pass for the Forest Green game is available here
https://www.mansfieldtown.net/ifollow/subscribe/
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:51 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:https://www.mansfieldtown.net/matches/fixtures/first-team/202122/january/forest-green-rovers-vs-mansfield-town-on-18-dec-21/

Link is for the original game.

The match pass for the Forest Green game is available here
https://www.mansfieldtown.net/ifollow/subscribe/

The browser on my TV is rubbish. I managed to log in and after one or two seconds of video, the browser crashed and rebooted the tv. I’ve now acquired a lightning to HDMI cable that is bob on
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby hunter1260 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:31 pm

Either from the EFL iFollow App or streaming on an iphone safari browser can you screen mirror to a TV?
hunter1260
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Conker » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:42 pm

hunter1260 wrote:Either from the EFL iFollow App or streaming on an iphone safari browser can you screen mirror to a TV?

It’s sort of possible via safari but it’s hard work, iFollow don’t support airplay. We should follow Peterborough and set our own streaming service up.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:41 pm

Conker wrote:
hunter1260 wrote:Either from the EFL iFollow App or streaming on an iphone safari browser can you screen mirror to a TV?

It’s sort of possible via safari but it’s hard work, iFollow don’t support airplay. We should follow Peterborough and set our own streaming service up.

My son has a fairly new Samsung TV and it worked fine via the inbuit browser, apart from the fog! It doesn't work, for some reason, on my LG anymore. It was nice hearing Martin and Dean trying to fill though :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:38 am

Will we be able to watch the rearranged fixture with the original match pass?
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:01 am

geoffhill wrote:Will we be able to watch the rearranged fixture with the original match pass?

ifollow have confirmed the original pass will be active for the rearranged fixture.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:44 am

zod wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Will we be able to watch the rearranged fixture with the original match pass?

ifollow have confirmed the original pass will be active for the rearranged fixture.

even if this is a saturday?
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby ian23 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:48 am

No Saturdays free...
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:36 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Walton Stag » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:59 pm

Was I alone last night in receiving a poor service from iFollow? I tried on both the club’s website and the EFL iFollow app but the coverage was very spasmodic at best, both video and audio. The picture kept freezing and the commentary was, at times, like listening to Norman Collier (those over 60 will know who I mean.) I have quite a poor internet connection but I can usually watch the matches OK. If I am alone in respect of the poor coverage, has anybody got any ideas about how to solve this problem other than contacting BT, who appear powerless to increase my internet speed.
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:11 pm

My picture was ok at the ground.

You do need a good internet connection. If your internet connection is poor, I would be in touch with BT if I was you.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby chip63 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:35 pm

Walton Stag wrote:Was I alone last night in receiving a poor service from iFollow? I tried on both the club’s website and the EFL iFollow app but the coverage was very spasmodic at best, both video and audio. The picture kept freezing and the commentary was, at times, like listening to Norman Collier (those over 60 will know who I mean.) I have quite a poor internet connection but I can usually watch the matches OK. If I am alone in respect of the poor coverage, has anybody got any ideas about how to solve this problem other than contacting BT, who appear powerless to increase my internet speed.

It's very easy to switch providers now, change over is simple and extremely quick.
I'm in a poor quality area for receiving broadband but looked for the best supplier in my area and swapped easily.
The hardest part was finding the best provider, they all say X amount then you find the, but not in your area.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby AJStag » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:00 pm

Same for me in Darlington Walton Stag.
AJStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Walton Stag » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:39 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:My picture was ok at the ground.

You do need a good internet connection. If your internet connection is poor, I would be in touch with BT if I was you.

I contact BT regularly but have little joy. I have contacted others but the issue is the cabling not the service provider. Sadly, my cable comes from a green box about half a mile away which, allegedly, is the problem. Ironically, Openreach put in a new green box 50 yards from my house recently to supply an estate behind where I live but will not connect me to it. They say it would be too expensive. :roll:
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby HU7stag » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:25 pm

My picture was fine for the 3 minutes or so the game lasted!

I was going to comment on the lack of choice we have here with Kingston Communications have the cable/fibre Internet monopoly in Hull. However, our internet is normally very reliable, have fast speeds and unlike most providers the fibre optic cable goes all the way to the property. Unlike most providers where the fibre optic cable ends at the green distribution box and then a copper cable slows this down to the property.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:55 pm

Walton Stag wrote:Was I alone last night in receiving a poor service from iFollow? I tried on both the club’s website and the EFL iFollow app but the coverage was very spasmodic at best, both video and audio. The picture kept freezing and the commentary was, at times, like listening to Norman Collier (those over 60 will know who I mean.) I have quite a poor internet connection but I can usually watch the matches OK. If I am alone in respect of the poor coverage, has anybody got any ideas about how to solve this problem other than contacting BT, who appear powerless to increase my internet speed.

Cheeky git :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:47 pm

games available on iFollow with a match pass in UK:

Bristol Rovers, Sat 12th 3.00 - no
Newport, Sat 19th 3.00 - no
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:02 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:27 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:11 pm

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:

My son has a fairly new Samsung TV and it worked fine via the inbuit browser, apart from the fog! It doesn't work, for some reason, on my LG anymore. It was nice hearing Martin and Dean trying to fill though :lol:

I've got a LG tv and got same issue. It worked fine last season when we couldn't go to games. I contacted ifollow on live chat about it, and they told me they've never supported steaming on TV’s :!: :?: I remember someone putting something on another thread about how to get it on LG, but can't remember how. If anyone knows how to, with out using HDMI cable, would be greatly appreciated :)
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby mans_field » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:50 pm

No Breaks Allowed wrote:
Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:

I've got a LG tv and got same issue. It worked fine last season when we couldn't go to games. I contacted ifollow on live chat about it, and they told me they've never supported steaming on TV’s :!: :?: I remember someone putting something on another thread about how to get it on LG, but can't remember how. If anyone knows how to, with out using HDMI cable, would be greatly appreciated :)

you can cast it using 'smart view' if you have a samsung phone
mans_field
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum