{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Corey O'Keeffe

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Corey O'Keeffe

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:24 pm

He would be an amazing signing but suspect that he will go on loan to a L1 club next season (hopefully us!)
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:25 pm

daddycool wrote:I thought Stirk was outstanding yesterday ,and would be a great permanent signing

Agreed. He’s one of our best players. He’s incredibly composed on the ball for this level.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:27 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:With yesterday's injuries to Macca and Stirk and so possibly down to bare bones again it will be interesting to see if Corey is involved Tuesday.

Might have to shoehorn O’Keefe in at left back if Macca can’t play. Be better than Burke who’s not good enough.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:00 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:With yesterday's injuries to Macca and Stirk and so possibly down to bare bones again it will be interesting to see if Corey is involved Tuesday.

Might have to shoehorn O’Keefe in at left back if Macca can’t play. Be better than Burke who’s not good enough.

Is it still the case the players can only play for two clubs during a season? If so playing O’Keeffe would mean he could only play for us or Rochdale for the rest of the season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:01 pm

In a very good performance by the team, I feel like Hewitt can’t handle players running at him. A few times their winger did a simple drop of the shoulder and had Hewitt nearly on his arse. I know O’Keefe probably won’t ever play for us but I still feel it’s a position we can improve on.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:02 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Is it still the case the players can only play for two clubs during a season? If so playing O’Keeffe would mean he could only play for us or Rochdale for the rest of the season.

That is still the case but he hasn’t played any games for us this season, so we don’t count.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:17 pm

Stag95 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

That is still the case but he hasn’t played any games for us this season, so we don’t count.

If that is the case then we probably won't play him - just to keep all selling options open. (Despite the fact that we are desperately short in defence) . It's a shame, as we need a decent right back. The defence really needs sorting in this transfer window if we are to have chance of promotion this season.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:21 pm

Stag95 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

That’s my point. We won’t play him if we’re trying to sell him unless his only likely destination is Rochdale.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:55 pm

Can you play for three different clubs in a season ?
Am I right in saying I don't think you can ?
In other words.....if we play O'Keefe on Tuesday he cannot play for another club this season if we loan or transfer him out in the next 3 weeks ?
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:15 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
daddycool wrote:I thought Stirk was outstanding yesterday ,and would be a great permanent signing

Agreed. He’s one of our best players. He’s incredibly composed on the ball for this level.

Not to mention his age
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:49 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:No, but you are the common denominator on these two occasions (and many others)

Cherry picking it. Again. Like I said, one eyed.

Toys out the pram again, how many times in one day? how many threads? There a reason its always you, you're a negative nasty raspberry that is constantly going after people, especially when they point out where you're either straight up wrong or being plain ridiculous and yet you never understand, just keep crying "why always me" :lol:

state of it. Turn up or shut up (oh forgot precious cant be told to shut it can he)

Be nice if he stuck to football related matters, but unlike us he has other things to do on a Sat

Please can we give up with the super fan raspberries?
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:55 pm

Can we end this thread until we know what is happening to Corey O'Keefe, that way the squabbling might stop.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:14 pm

Nigel Clough told iFollow Stags: “I think his loan is officially up now and he will either be going to Rochdale on a permanent deal or somewhere else".
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Cockney Stag » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:17 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Nigel Clough told iFollow Stags: “I think his loan is officially up now and he will either be going to Rochdale on a permanent deal or somewhere else".

I haven't seen anything of him at Rochdale but they speak his praises.

Surely he's worth a 2nd look?
Cockney Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:20 pm

Nigel Clough definitely does not like Corey for some reason. He's made his mind up and he's not going to change it. You could see that last season and in pre-season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:29 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Nigel Clough definitely does not like Corey for some reason. He's made his mind up and he's not going to change it. You could see that last season and in pre-season.

And I get abused when I ask why. I’m yet to get an explanation. That he doesn’t fit the formation just doesn’t cut it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:54 pm

Maybe he just thinks he's raspberry
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:09 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Nigel Clough definitely does not like Corey for some reason. He's made his mind up and he's not going to change it. You could see that last season and in pre-season.

And I get abused when I ask why. I’m yet to get an explanation. That he doesn’t fit the formation just doesn’t cut it.

But why such an intense inquest in to it? He was part of a Rochdale side that are below us in the league. Maybe there's an attitude problem, maybe he doesn't rate him. It's not the first time this has happened and won't be the last I'm sure.

I would've liked to have seen more of O'Keefe but it just hasn't worked out here despite showing some potential. Hopefully we'll sign a replacement when he leaves.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:28 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

But why such an intense inquest in to it? He was part of a Rochdale side that are below us in the league. Maybe there's an attitude problem, maybe he doesn't rate him. It's not the first time this has happened and won't be the last I'm sure.

I would've liked to have seen more of O'Keefe but it just hasn't worked out here despite showing some potential. Hopefully we'll sign a replacement when he leaves.

Because he’s their player of the season. The fans there love him. They want to keep him. Doesn’t sound like an attitude problem. It’s not an intense inquest. It’s genuinely baffling

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:09 pm

Hey, hey,hey I'll go up to the training ground and shout over t'hedge.
"Whiffy wants an explanation as to what your beef with Corey is. You'd better tell me or he'll get veeeeeery angry". :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:26 am

Not angry in the slightest. Just confused.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Cockney Stag » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:46 am

I can't think at this point O'Keeffe isn't a better option than Hewitt.
Cockney Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:12 pm

Cockney Stag wrote:I can't think at this point O'Keeffe isn't a better option than Hewitt.

You are quite correct thats why Hewitt plays and O"Keeffe is surplus to requirements, seems simple ?
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:20 pm

As Corey been training with squad :?:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:44 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:As Corey been training with squad :?: