{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Corey O'Keeffe

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Corey O'Keeffe

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:33 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Nigel’s comments in a nutshell, ‘Square peg I. A round hole’. Can’t see him playing for us again.

How many square pegs have we signed in recent years?? Fair play to Nigel for his honesty.

I don’t buy this reasoning. How many players has Clough played slightly out of position since he’s been here? We’ve got a natural winger playing full back as it is, two if you listen to Gazza :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:52 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Nigel’s comments in a nutshell, ‘Square peg I. A round hole’. Can’t see him playing for us again.

How many square pegs have we signed in recent years?? Fair play to Nigel for his honesty.

I don’t buy this reasoning. How many players has Clough played slightly out of position since he’s been here? We’ve got a natural winger playing full back as it is, two if you listen to Gazza :lol:

He doesn’t fit for whatever reason? If it not for versatility what is it……………
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:02 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Your guess is as good as mine, but I don’t believe the wing back not full back line.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:41 pm

Neither do I...
Especially strange as we have played 3 at the back recently aswell.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:58 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Your guess is as good as mine, but I don’t believe the wing back not full back line.

Wages? Player potentially available for a good fee? Sorting out previous managers dealings? Rollin was one of the top earners! :shock:

Still think hes slowly having to cut back on everything. Probably knows having Corey in the squad means two/three other lads wouldn't be able to be here

Still got a feeling though that next game after the cup he will play him and surprise us all :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:33 am

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Wages? Player potentially available for a good fee? Sorting out previous managers dealings? Rollin was one of the top earners! :shock:

Still think hes slowly having to cut back on everything. Probably knows having Corey in the squad means two/three other lads wouldn't be able to be here

Still got a feeling though that next game after the cup he will play him and surprise us all :lol:

I can’t see O’Keeffe’s wages being that big. He was a Birmingham youth team player with a loan at Macc before joining us.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:55 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

Cough…. Bowery….. cough…..

This makes no sense and it comes across as a bit of a vendetta
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

So you think the manager has a vendetta against him? Truly pathetic. How about supporting the manager instead of your constant sniping from your armchair.

Cough ..... 100% ...... cough.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:22 pm

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

So you think the manager has a vendetta against him? Truly pathetic. How about supporting the manager instead of your constant sniping from your armchair.

Grow up. Am I not allowed to question why a player who has been the player of the season at the club he’s been on loan at is frozen out at this club ? And cut the armchair botching eh. You live close enough. I don’t. I’ll be at FGR a week on Tuesday if I can get away early from work.

I remember the manager making the valid point after Sutton and Crawley that they were long trips. Well, that’s every home game for me. So jog on.

The only surprise in your latest whine is that you’ve not blamed anything on Brexit or the government. Utterly pathetic and so typical.

Do you think that CO would improve the team ? I don’t buy the out of position excuse for the very reasons posted above. Others say as such but you’ve got a hard on for anything I post which is rather amusing. Do you think managers don’t play players because they don’t like them sometimes? I’m merely querying this. If you allow me that is of course

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:27 pm

If O'Keefe doesn't fit into how NC sees things then let him go ( for a fee ideally ).

If NC thought O'Keefe would improve things he would have been recalled and playing in the starting 11.

Time to move on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:31 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Grow up. Am I not allowed to question why a player who has been the player of the season at the club he’s been on loan at is frozen out at this club ? And cut the armchair botching eh. You live close enough. I don’t. I’ll be at FGR a week on Tuesday if I can get away early from work.

I remember the manager making the valid point after Sutton and Crawley that they were long trips. Well, that’s every home game for me. So jog on.

The only surprise in your latest whine is that you’ve not blamed anything on Brexit or the government. Utterly pathetic and so typical.

Do you think that CO would improve the team ? I don’t buy the out of position excuse for the very reasons posted above. Others say as such but you’ve got a hard on for anything I post which is rather amusing. Do you think managers don’t play players because they don’t like them sometimes? I’m merely querying this. If you allow me that is of course

I'll post what I like so will absolutely not stop calling you an armchair fan, it's what you are. I bet you didn't even watch the game on the Internet today did you?

You've accused our manager of having a vendetta against one of our players, that is not only utterly ridiculous but is categorically not supporting our manager. In fact, your constant sniping at Clough is almost certainly your way of continuing your infatuation with our two new members who follow him.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:41 pm

Rob wrote:
I'll post what I like so will absolutely not stop calling you an armchair fan, it's what you are. I bet you didn't even watch the game on the Internet today did you?

You've accused our manager of having a vendetta against one of our players, that is not only utterly ridiculous but is categorically not supporting our manager. In fact, your constant sniping at Clough is almost certainly your way of continuing your infatuation with our two new members who follow him.

What ? Are you losing it? I Said it came across that way. I don’t know if it is or it isn’t. Importantly, neither do you and as you quite rightly say, I’ll continue to state my opinion. I couldn’t give a raspberry whether you think I’m an armchair supporter, super fan that you are. I’m not constantly sniping at the manager. I think he’s doing a great job but I do question how we’ve done at the transfer window. He’s brought in some excellent players but we’ve failed to get the right quality in in other areas. Do you disagree ?
My comments have the square root of raspberry all to do with any members of this forum. Shall I add paranoia to your other characteristics?

As for watching, no I didn’t today as I had some work to do and I also took my grandson to see his dad playing rugby for Aldershot. I’ll be watching on Tuesday though. I’ll make sure I check with you if that makes me loyal and committed enough. IAS made the same point as I did but you seem to have this weird fascination with me. I’m touched

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:50 pm

So you didn't bother, thought not, loads of time to post bull though.

As for FGR, if you do go no doubt you'll let everyone know :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:59 pm

Rob wrote:So you didn't bother, thought not, loads of time to post bull though.

As for FGR, if you do go no doubt you'll let everyone know :lol:

Are you blind sweetcheeks? It’s not a matter of bothering. I had other things to do.

Keep replying though. I’m loving your dedication.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:02 pm

Two great home performances in a row followed by the message board dominated by the same poster having a ding dong with one of his perpetual foes.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:47 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:Two great home performances in a row followed by the message board dominated by the same poster having a ding dong with one of his perpetual foes.

I note that you’re only bitching at me. Because it’s all my fault isn’t it. One eyed.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:09 pm

No, but you are the common denominator on these two occasions (and many others)
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:19 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:No, but you are the common denominator on these two occasions (and many others)

Cherry picking it. Again. Like I said, one eyed.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:No, but you are the common denominator on these two occasions (and many others)

Toys out the pram again, how many times in one day? how many threads? There a reason its always you, you're a negative nasty raspberry that is constantly going after people, especially when they point out where you're either straight up wrong or being plain ridiculous and yet you never understand, just keep crying "why always me" :lol:

state of it. Turn up or shut up (oh forgot precious cant be told to shut it can he)
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:54 am

Bloody run out of popcorn and t'shops don't open till 10am :cry:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:48 am

Why so many comments on a player who has never got beyond league 2 level and never featured regularly at Mansfield.
Whether he makes it here will be decided by the staff, and the commitment by the player.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:50 am

Sedgwick wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Toys out the pram again, how many times in one day? how many threads? There a reason its always you, you're a negative nasty raspberry that is constantly going after people, especially when they point out where you're either straight up wrong or being plain ridiculous and yet you never understand, just keep crying "why always me" :lol:

state of it. Turn up or shut up (oh forgot precious cant be told to shut it can he)

Be nice if he stuck to football related matters, but unlike us he has other things to do on a Sat
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:15 pm

With yesterday's injuries to Macca and Stirk and so possibly down to bare bones again it will be interesting to see if Corey is involved Tuesday.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:49 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:With yesterday's injuries to Macca and Stirk and so possibly down to bare bones again it will be interesting to see if Corey is involved Tuesday.

It's anyone's guess.

O'Toole could be gone or we may have two new signings.

Interesting times.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:21 pm

I thought Stirk was outstanding yesterday ,and would be a great permanent signing
daddycool
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum