{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FGR Scorefred Sponsored by Give It Our All

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FGR Scorefred Sponsored by Give It Our All

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:07 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:35 pm

Not too far for me to get back home but thoughts for those hardy souls with another hour and a half left to travel.

As soon as I got in the ground it was clear the fog was there to stay. At least they tried to get the game on. Hey ho, still unbeaten!
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:34 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:Who's that Smith lad that keeps scoring for Sutton? He scored a cracker on Saturday, we should take a look at him.

His name was Will Randall. Smith didn’t score.

Whoooosh, bores us to death about Smith and its not even right

Oh, maybe that goal he scored from 20 yards on Saturday didn't happen? I think you need to read what I wrote eh?

You and others claimed he wasn't good enough for League 2, his side is currently 3rd and he is a very key component. I'm not surprised you are quite defensive about it now. 22 appearances, 5 goals from a defensive midfield position, he'd have played even more but for an injury that kept him out for a few games. Good luck to him, I suspect Sutton will make a lot of money for him in the near future.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:55 pm

I’m sure everyone has been wrong about a player in the past Rob, even your good self.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:04 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:18 am

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:30 am

Rob, you either didn’t read what people where saying about Smith or you are being deliberately obtuse.

The majority view was that he wasn’t playing at league 2 standard at the time we let him go and that he needed game time at a lower level to develop.

He was never going to break into our side at the time due to the amount of very good players we have in central midfield. In my opinion I’m not convinced he would displace any of our players currently.

Could we have just extended his loan and taken him back? Of course we could have. Was he likely to break into our team on his return, no he wasn’t.

The club did the right thing by Smith and let him go and develop. Fair play to the lad, he has grabbed the bill by the horns and done that.

It might even be that Smith wanted to leave, who knows.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:15 am

MTFCMusings wrote:I’m sure everyone has been wrong about a player in the past Rob, even your good self.

Yep no doubt about it. The issue was never about releasing him, that may well have happened, the issue was not even taking another look. He's an automatic choice for a top 3 side, it's crazy to suggest he would not be fighting for a first team spot here, even though we have a strong midfield we've had plenty of injuries and suspensions. I have always wanted the club to bring players up through the youth team, he's probably one of the best we've produced in recent times and we gave him away, it was a mistake.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:55 am

Rob wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:Who's that Smith lad that keeps scoring for Sutton? He scored a cracker on Saturday, we should take a look at him.

His name was Will Randall. Smith didn’t score.

Whoooosh, bores us to death about Smith and its not even right

Oh, maybe that goal he scored from 20 yards on Saturday didn't happen? I think you need to read what I wrote eh?

You and others claimed he wasn't good enough for League 2, his side is currently 3rd and he is a very key component. I'm not surprised you are quite defensive about it now. 22 appearances, 5 goals from a defensive midfield position, he'd have played even more but for an injury that kept him out for a few games. Good luck to him, I suspect Sutton will make a lot of money for him in the near future.

So why did you post this on tonight’s thread? If you were talking about a goal from the weekend, why has it taken you three days to post it and then out of context?

Smith has only developed into a reasonable midfielder because we let him go. And just remind us how many games he’s played at centre half which is the position you insisted was going to be his best?.

Smith has gone and so should this tiresome and desperate obsession to be proved correct.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:41 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:On the plus side, Hawkins started a game and wasn’t cautioned.

He was it’s just that no one could see it :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:50 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum