{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Donny FA Cup Scorefred Sponsored by Nothing To Fear

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Donny FA Cup Scorefred Sponsored by Nothing To Fear

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:53 am

:) Well we can go there and give it a good go with a great away following backing the team.

Got to go for a 1-1 draw and beat them back at ours .

Predictions in here Guys and Dolls.

:mtfc: :coys: :mansfield_till_i_die: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Donny FA Cup Scorefred Sponsored by Nothing To Fear

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:13 am

A win'd be great. A draw'd be fine and give us a chance of a TV game for the replay. That's providing t'sheep and slaford don't draw, then as always the cameras will kiss Beckham and Neville's etc butts and go to the dip.

We can do this then it's Manure away round 3 :D
Last edited by Spiritater on Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:17 am

Do we really want another game added to the fixture list? A good win and wait for a great draw in the next round. If we do get through then the Swindon game would have to be rearranged.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby west country stag » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:27 am

2-1 Stags
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:07 pm

Ref is Seb Stockbridge
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:15 pm

The One wrote:Ref is Seb Stockbridge

The last game he reffed us in a cup game was when we beat Accrington 6-1, however we have had league games with him as ref since then but not since Nige has been manager.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:19 pm

Very optimistic about this one. Quakers and a late Sinclair goal 2-0. :coys:
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:20 pm

My team would be:
Bish
Hewitt O'Toole Rawson Forrester Macca
Clarke Maris Stirk
Lapslie
Oates

I'd put Hawkins and Quinn on the bench but would only use them if really needed, both have fitness issues and we have a busy period coming up. We are still in play-off contention so the league takes absolute priority - that is still a strong side and we'd have plenty of options on the bench.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby magicstag » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:30 pm

Must always play your strongest team
In every single game.
Lets have none of this premier league rubbish
At Mansfield town .
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:07 pm

part time pete wrote:
The One wrote:Ref is Seb Stockbridge

The last game he reffed us in a cup game was when we beat Accrington 6-1, however we have had league games with him as ref since then but not since Nige has been manager.

Reffed us against Stevenage last year
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:24 pm

Doncaster is a sting in the tail it would give them a big lift beating us, they have a squad that cost a lot more than ours and a ground with a 15-231 capacity and a 6-396 average attendance while having a rough patch.
They have only got 2 points out of their last 5 games, and we know the game is winnable, with over 3000 Mansfield fans there its going to be awesome.
Feet on the ground lets enjoy the occasion round 3 is not always a big club but would be nice to be in the draw
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby AJStag » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:46 pm

Given his performance last time out and his ban for the Carlisle game I would be surprised if Ollie Hawkins missed out but acknowledge that Oates on his own up front did the trick at the Stadium of Light. Maris and Clarke would have been in most people's starting eleven but neither started at Crawley. Quinn's influence is massive in terms of the way we play too. Good luck with team selection "Mr Club" !
AJStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Walton Stag » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:16 pm

Trying to pick a team is difficult enough. Trying to work out which of the three formations we will play is just as tricky. Do we know if Forrester has permission from Stoke to play?

Anyway, I’m going 3-5-2 if Forrester is available.

Bishop.
Rawson O’Toole Forrester.
Hewitt Stirk Maris Quinn McLaughlin.
Hawkins Oates.

Or, if Forrester unavailable, I’m going 4-5-1.

Bishop
Hewitt Rawson O’Toole McLaughlin.
Oates Stirk Maris Lapslie Quinn.
Hawkins.

Your guess is as good as mine.
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:56 pm

Forrester came on as sub at Sunderland.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:00 pm

Rob wrote:My team would be:
Bish
Hewitt O'Toole Rawson Forrester Macca
Clarke Maris Stirk
Lapslie
Oates

I'd put Hawkins and Quinn on the bench but would only use them if really needed, both have fitness issues and we have a busy period coming up. We are still in play-off contention so the league takes absolute priority - that is still a strong side and we'd have plenty of options on the bench.

Has a Donny fan hacked your account? :lol: There is absolutely no chance I would be leaving either of them out, they’re probably the first 2 names on the team sheet!

Firstly, Hawkins is suspended for Tuesdays game against Carlisle, so won’t be needed again until next Saturday so there’s absolutely no reason to rest him especially after he played so well at Crawley.

With Quinn, we have all seen first hand how he makes us tick and generally speaking we are a much better side with him on the pitch.

I understand you would prefer to prioritise the league, but this is a big game for us. We have a huge travelling support attending (one of the biggest in the past 15 years if you discount the Notts County games), and there’s a place in the 3rd round up for grabs and hopefully a money spinner… this is a winnable game but we need our best 11 to be on the pitch!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:19 pm

Agree with BH on this one, would be a kick in the nuts to the huge support if we put out anything other than our strongest side.

We’ve not won a game against a senior side that Quinn hasn’t started since he joined.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:37 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Agree with BH on this one, would be a kick in the nuts to the huge support if we put out anything other than our strongest side.

We’ve not won a game against a senior side that Quinn hasn’t started since he joined.

People do know Hawkins and Quinn are carrying injuries don't they? If they play and exacerbate their injuries this will impact our league season, which is far more important. Your point that we've not won a senior game without Quinn really does underline his importance and strengthens the argument for allowing him extra recovery time for Tues. I think NC will play Hawkins but am not so sure he'll play Quinn when he now has all midfield options available. We'll see, if they do start I'll be keeping my fingers crossed because 3pts on Tues night is far, far more important.

It really, really wouldn't be a kick in the nuts to fans not to risk injured players, it would be completely understandable.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:06 pm

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Agree with BH on this one, would be a kick in the nuts to the huge support if we put out anything other than our strongest side.

People do know Hawkins and Quinn are carrying injuries don't they? If they play and exacerbate their injuries this will impact our league season, which is far more important. Your point that we've not won a senior game without Quinn really does underline his importance and strengthens the argument for allowing him extra recovery time for Tues. I think NC will play Hawkins but am not so sure he'll play Quinn when he now has all midfield options available. We'll see, if they do start I'll be keeping my fingers crossed because 3pts on Tues night is far, far more important.

It really, really wouldn't be a kick in the nuts to fans not to risk injured players, it would be completely understandable.

As BH said, Hawkins can’t play on Tuesday anyway, he’ll have had a full week before the game and a full week after before he needs to play. He’s carry an injury yet has played pretty much every game possible. All players carry injuries.

Quinn, I see more of a case for, but again, played a half when he was not right according to Clough, but then four days later was fit enough to play 70 minutes.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:09 pm

Doncaster are putting out their first team against Crewe in the EFL Trophy this evening. I'm going to watch it to prepare for Saturday's commentary.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:28 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

As BH said, Hawkins can’t play on Tuesday anyway, he’ll have had a full week before the game and a full week after before he needs to play. He’s carry an injury yet has played pretty much every game possible. All players carry injuries.

Quinn, I see more of a case for, but again, played a half when he was not right according to Clough, but then four days later was fit enough to play 70 minutes.

Maybe give him a break and he could play 90 minutes on Tues? He was clearly struggling both on Sat and Tues, I'd definitely not play him. I do get the Hawkins argument and I don't know if almost 2 weeks off (which it would be if he didn't play on Sat) would make a difference longer term to his back problem. If it did, then I think not playing him would make absolute sense.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:35 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Doncaster are putting out their first team against Crewe in the EFL Trophy this evening. I'm going to watch it to prepare for Saturday's commentary.

you put some mileage in youth that’s for sure, let’s hope they get a few injuries
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:41 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Doncaster are putting out their first team against Crewe in the EFL Trophy this evening. I'm going to watch it to prepare for Saturday's commentary.

you put some mileage in youth that’s for sure, let’s hope they get a few injuries

I'm watching it on iFollow with a £10 match pass
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:49 pm

Crewe are making nine changes so very much a reserve side
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:05 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

I'm watching it on iFollow with a £10 match pass

Might ask Santa for one of those Ifollow thingermibobs
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:13 pm

I think talk of the play-offs is a bit of pipe dream at the moment, although I accept Bolton fans would’ve been saying the same last year. We’ve got some improvements to make before we can think about reaching the top 7.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum