{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

RYAN STIRK

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: RYAN STIRK

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:56 pm

I've never thought of Ryan Stirk as lightweight because he does not get bullied off the ball and he gets stuck into his tackles. The main issue is what he does with the ball and making an impact on the game. He's shown glimpses of what he can do such as his sub appearance against Rochdale and the 1st half against Scunthorpe but on Saturday he ran the game in the 1st half and was excellent. He had a good shot blocked early on and made 3 or 4 great passes in difficult conditions including the pass to Hewitt and assist for Oli Hawkins goal. My only criticism was that he gave the ball away too much but the conditions were terrible. I said that George Maris needed more competition to be the main ball player and Ryan Stirk has now given him that competition if he continues to play as well. Maris did well when he came on as a sub and helped set up the 2nd goal.

He had great stats on whoscored along with Will Forrester and John Joe O'Toole:
77 touches (more than Stephen McLaughlin who had 75 and who normally has the most touches of the ball on the pitch) (Jack Powell had 83 touches)
58 passes (2nd highest: Jack Powell 72, John-Joe O'Toole 51, Will Forrester 48)
39 accurate passes (Jack Powell 43)
64% pass success (Stephen Quinn 87%, Farrend Rawson 85%, Will Forrester 77%, John-Joe O'Toole 67%) (Back 3 knocking it about)
2 Key Passes
3 Aerials Won (Will Forrester 10, John-Joe O'Toole 7, Oli Hawkins 6) (Defensive Aerials: Will Forrester 14, John-Joe O'Toole 8)
3 Tackles
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:42 pm

He's a secret acquisition and has other's have said we need to get him on a permanent. He has a Liam Bradyesq motion with his passing. He can also curl his foot around the ball when tackling.A very good player indeed. Book him Danno.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:45 am

Hes highly rated at Brum.. not sure they will let go of him yet. I have a feeling he will become a first team regular here for the rest of the season and will end up on loan higher up somewhere next year

Interestingly, I think due to some family reasons Callum Guy, who I rate as one of the best midfielders in the league is looking to return closer to home..
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:05 pm

Stirk is out of contract at the end of this season (Birmingham do have a year option on him though).

They game him a 3 year deal with a year's option in 2017. That took him to summer 2021 when he signed for a year with a year's option. Maybe we could do a deal to sign him in January. It might be better for Birmingham to sell him to us with a sell on % fee in January.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:54 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Hes highly rated at Brum.. not sure they will let go of him yet. I have a feeling he will become a first team regular here for the rest of the season and will end up on loan higher up somewhere next year

Interestingly, I think due to some family reasons Callum Guy, who I rate as one of the best midfielders in the league is looking to return closer to home..

Didn't Callum Guy sign a new deal with Carlisle in the summer?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:39 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Hes highly rated at Brum.. not sure they will let go of him yet. I have a feeling he will become a first team regular here for the rest of the season and will end up on loan higher up somewhere next year

He’d be some signing. Apart from Paul Mullin and Hoolahan he was the best player in the league last season IMO.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:20 pm

James wrote:

Didn't Callum Guy sign a new deal with Carlisle in the summer?

Just heard his agent is tapping up midlands clubs... Sounds like a good time/ reason to move closer to home while Carlisle are struggling

If hes quality, I can see Burton being interested!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:20 pm

Callum Guy would be good competition for George Maris. He signed a new 2 year contract with Carlisle in September though. Wrexham or Stockport will probably buy him.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:13 pm

Stag95 wrote:

He’d be some signing. Apart from Paul Mullin and Hoolahan he was the best player in the league last season IMO.

I would rate Conlon from port vale one of the best midfielders in div2
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:59 pm

Nigel Clough in iFollow Stags interview asked if he'd expect Birmingham to let him leave:
"I can't see that happening".
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:21 pm

Birmingham City loanee Ryan Stirk is starting to shine for Mansfield Town
chad.co.uk, by John Lomas, Tuesday 30th November 2021

Birmingham City youngster Ryan Stirk is starting to really catch the eye after winning a starting place in the Mansfield Town side.

Two of the 21-year-old's passes in the build-up to the opening goal in Saturday's 2-1 win at Crawley Town were superb and boss Nigel Clough said: “He is just getting back to fitness really, but the two passes were very good quality.

“The fact he didn't stand after his first one – that was the most important thing. He went and supported the attack, got on the ball again and then played the killer pass for Ollie Hawkins to get a toe on it.

read more at https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/b ... wn-3477356
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum