{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:49 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Bradders » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:08 pm

I'd have given MOTM to Stirk. Oates finished well and had some good driving runs, but there can only be one MOTM, and from your shortlist I'd go for Hawkins for one good finish and a first class pass to set up the second goal.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:15 am

One thing I should have put in the brief report, and will include in the detailed report, is that Hawkins' booking today was his fifth of the season, and he will miss the next league game, against Carlisle a week on Tuesday.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:50 am

Martin Shaw wrote:One thing I should have put in the brief report, and will include in the detailed report, is that Hawkins' booking today was his fifth of the season, and he will miss the next league game, against Carlisle a week on Tuesday.

That’s a shame, the last game it would have counted as well!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:39 am

Martin Shaw wrote:One thing I should have put in the brief report, and will include in the detailed report, is that Hawkins' booking today was his fifth of the season, and he will miss the next league game, against Carlisle a week on Tuesday.

We needn't worry, we have Jordan as his replacement. :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:09 am

Whilst he’s clearly not as good as Hawkins, Bowery will do a decent job if he has Oates playing if him and Lapslie playing begging him.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:33 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:Whilst he’s clearly not as good as Hawkins, Bowery will do a decent job if he has Oates playing if him and Lapslie playing begging him.

No he won't, I'd rather it be an out of form Sinclair who at least gets in the right positions and worries the opposition, the opposite of shot shy Bowery
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:37 am

Bowery is a decent target man at our level. He plays in the channels abs holds the ball up well.

It always amazes me that people who have watched so much football never seem to grasp that players perform better when played in a role that suits them.

You never know though, with a bit of luck DJ might be back if he is then he would be my preferred option
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:43 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:Bowery is a decent target man at our level. He plays in the channels abs holds the ball up well.

It always amazes me that people who have watched so much football never seem to grasp that players perform better when played in a role that suits them.

You never know though, with a bit of luck DJ might be back if he is then he would be my preferred option

That's a myth, as someone said earlier last week as big as he is he can't win headers (Sutton was embarrassing) and he's weak as wass.

He had a purple patch in last season's good run at the end but other than that he's been dog doo for us and hence part of the recent struggles.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:51 am

:lol: It’s not a myth at all, I’ve watched him do it both for and against us.

He did it very well in the last home game
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:56 am

We’ll be playing Carlisle, so it’s not exactly top opposition. Bowery did fine against Carlisle, but he probably won’t even play.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:14 am

kevin kents tasce wrote::lol: It’s not a myth at all, I’ve watched him do it both for and against us.

He did it very well in the last home game

As I said at the time he had his one ok game in 20.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:50 am

Hawkins will be a big miss , Bowery, Johnson, Sinclaire Gale Oates, out of those we need a physical presence i would go with Gale
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:39 pm

bear 73 wrote:Hawkins will be a big miss , Bowery, Johnson, Sinclaire Gale Oates, out of those we need a physical presence i would go with Gale

More incoherent nonsense!

The lad played 30 minutes league football and did ok, but he is nowhere near the others.

Gale over Johnson - I’ve heard it all now :lol:
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:30 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby AJStag » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:55 pm

I liked Noel Parkinson . Not sure he would approve of some of the "pleasantries" proffered by his Perm representative about Jordan Bowery . Why not simply say you do not rate him ? Some of language/phrases used unnecessary/uncalled for.
AJStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bear 73 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:57 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Hawkins will be a big miss , Bowery, Johnson, Sinclaire Gale Oates, out of those we need a physical presence i would go with Gale

More incoherent nonsense! So Shallow

The lad played 30 minutes league football and did ok, but he is nowhere near the others.

Gale over Johnson - I’ve heard it all now :lol:

Mason Bennett was 15 years old when Clough gave him his full debut at Middlesborough, Stirk was 21 when making his full debut for Mansfield Town and was man of the match.
At time of writing Johnson is injured, Sinclair, Oates Johnson prefer to play of a centre forward, which leaves Bowery or Gale
I prefer Gale, OPINION
. Oh Clough signed Che Adams from ilkeston town and gave him his debut at 18 against Walsall in league 1, Sheff Utd went on to sell him for £2- million
he is now a full Scottish international So Clough has no fear of playing youth
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum