{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Does Nigel have a clue ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Does Nigel have a clue ?

Postby NEStag » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:20 pm

Gazza I looked at those fixtures and (easy to say now) had a bad feeling about Sutton and Crawley.
We came off the back of Saturday with presumably a rest day on Sunday and then travelling a long way on Monday which I would have thought means no proper rest or prep ahead of the game. Sutton would have much better rest and prep.
Now they get back late last night and they might train Thursday but back on the road again on Friday for another long trip away from home.
I'd take a draw on Saturday.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:26 pm

Did we need a Sutton/Coxy style Plan B (put Hawkins up front and go direct) when none of our six midfield players were firing? Play for set pieces and Tyrese long throws and send up Rawson, O'Toole and Hewitt up front with Hawkins and Bowery. It's probably not in Nigel's DNA to play like that but it can sometimes get you out of a hole when you need a goal.

Barrow are not a direct side and Harrogate play more football this season but are still very good at set pieces.

The Stags do seem to struggle against sides who get at us and go direct such as Northampton, Walsall and Orient; and Harrogate last season. It's perhaps a good job we did not draw a National League side in the FA Cup.

If we can win at Crawley then we are back on track and we can draw a line through last night.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:49 pm

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:I think I heard or read it's the first time in 40 odd years Stags have won 5 games in a row in all competitions?

No he doesn't have a clue. He probably tells the lads to stop doing what they've been doing the minute we go on a decent run.

40 years ?

You show again that you know nothing.

Check out when we won the Conference

Did "you" win your FA Cup game during that 5 match (or probably longer) winning streak?

5 games across all competitions was the quote and I didn't come up with the quote. Someone else did.

2013 we won 12 (I think) in a row in all competitions.

But you wouldn’t know that.

12/13 you won 12 in a row in the Conference, all league games. No cup games involved.

And I would know that. You know why I would know it?

I'd know it because it equalled the record for the most consecutive wins in the Conference.

You know whose record it equalled? Nigel Clough's Burton Albion.

So 12 consecutive wins in all competitions. Glad you admit that you got it wrong
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:56 pm

Oh and this thread is clearly ridiculous. The title is just stupid
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:32 pm

Wow. We now have a divine right to win at Sutton United and Clough doesn’t have a clue :lol: I’m sorry but this is Mansfield and we have a divine right to lose anywhere :lol: These players have given everything in the last 5 games and any team can have an off night, even at lowly 7th placed Sutton!!! Silly subject indeed.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:54 pm

So we should lose against Doncaster and fluked Sunderland?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:35 pm

Yes he does have a clue . A lot of those players are running on empty and have put in some big performances of late. Sutton are a good team and we got beat . It happens. Let’s go again . COYS.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby diablo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:22 pm

broomo wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:It was the first time we we'd won 5 in a row in all comps since Steve Evans 5 years ago. In fact it was nearly the same run, started with checkatrade trophy win against Everton u23s(Harry Charsley played for Everton that game) it also included a FA Cup 1st round win vs Shaw Lane and 3 league victories.

That was mention in an interview I think it was Mondays.

it was 4 years ago. It was in my report on Saturday, the first paragragh. I gave the stat to Mark and he quoted it in the interview with Nigel Clough on Monday.

Hands up. I went in two footed.

I read that article and one on the BBC and somehow saw 4 as 40. I even thought to myself 40 sounded ridiculous.

Still what's 36 between friends eh?

Eh?

Broomo have you ever actually played football ?
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby diablo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:39 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Yes he does have a clue . A lot of those players are running on empty and have put in some big performances of late. Sutton are a good team and we got beat . It happens. Let’s go again . COYS.

Running on empty ?????....they don't exactly have to do a 8 hours shift at work before playing for 90 minutes ...other teams play Saturday ,mid week, Saturday...are they all running on empty too ?...if you want too be a pro footballer you have to accept the bad with the good...I watched the game and thought the Manager stuffed up with his team choice..Quinn is a warrior and will play with an injury whatever and was clearly not 100%..Maris was clearly not 100% either and Bowery ...well was just being Bowery..the manager had choices..could have started with Forrester and Rawson at the back and moved Hawkins up top...but no..he fielded an injury racked same side as picked against Scunthorpe..He could have pushed O'Toole into a defensive midfielder role and rested Maris and played Sinclair from the start...but Mr Clough is the Manager and its his call...we were poor last night and I accept its a tough week but other teams have the same problems
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby broomo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:10 pm

diablo wrote:
broomo wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:It was the first time we we'd won 5 in a row in all comps since Steve Evans 5 years ago. In fact it was nearly the same run, started with checkatrade trophy win against Everton u23s(Harry Charsley played for Everton that game) it also included a FA Cup 1st round win vs Shaw Lane and 3 league victories.

That was mention in an interview I think it was Mondays.

it was 4 years ago. It was in my report on Saturday, the first paragragh. I gave the stat to Mark and he quoted it in the interview with Nigel Clough on Monday.

Hands up. I went in two footed.

I read that article and one on the BBC and somehow saw 4 as 40. I even thought to myself 40 sounded ridiculous.

Still what's 36 between friends eh?

Eh?

Broomo have you ever actually played football ?

Once or twice.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:36 pm

Never seen so many excuses for a pee poor perfomance, matching Northampton for its ineptitude, on one thread, for years.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby dukeofportland » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:59 am

and this is why i only come to stagsnet a few times a year - what a plank!
dukeofportland
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:05 am

Yes.

To reply with anything other than one word on the subject or engage in discussion over this thread would be an insult to Nigel and a moment in the spotlight for the threader.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:34 am

dukeofportland wrote:and this is why i only come to stagsnet a few times a year - what a plank!

you don't have to write off a whole messageboard because of the posts of one user, sometimes it's just worth taking 30 seconds to look at the other posts of the said user to give you context and decide whether you want to give the comments of that user any credence.

To do this, click on the user's username, then click on search user's posts, and you'll get all of that user's posts in the last two years

For example, for that particular user
search.php?author_id=1609&sr=posts

There are 9 posts in total.
7 of which are in the last 12 months.

Of those 7: 3 are very critical of Nigel Clough
"Does Nigel have a clue ?"
"Please accept responsibility for today's utter shambles"
"I think it's about time NC was honest in his post match comments."

and the other 4 are all saying that James Clarke is the best right back at the club.

Now you can decide whether to write off an entire messageboard, or just ignore the posts of that user. There is a foe function to not see their posts.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:29 am

It's good to talk.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:57 am

gazza1988 wrote:
dukeofportland wrote:and this is why i only come to stagsnet a few times a year - what a plank!

you don't have to write off a whole messageboard because of the posts of one user, sometimes it's just worth taking 30 seconds to look at the other posts of the said user to give you context and decide whether you want to give the comments of that user any credence.

To do this, click on the user's username, then click on search user's posts, and you'll get all of that user's posts in the last two years

https://stagsnet.net/phpBB3/search.php? ... 9&sr=posts

and the other 4 are all saying that James Clarke is the best right back at the club.

Now you can decide whether to write off an entire messageboard, or just ignore the posts of that user. There is a foe function to not see their posts.

So from your research we can clarify that OP is James Clarke's dad? :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:24 pm

I'm just hoping this 5 game spell is not de ja vu,
I maybe wrong but didn't we have a 5 game purple patch last season? after which we hit indifferent form for the rest of the season.

Hoping not but might be a measure of how much we have/have not progressed.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:37 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

:lol:
No, it isn't.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:05 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

https://stagsnet.net/phpBB3/search.php? ... 9&sr=posts

No, it isn't.

I'll stick to Iyesden Christie rather than Agatha :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:41 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

No, it isn't.

I'll stick to Iyesden Christie rather than Agatha :D

It’s James himself :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum