{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Broomo’s story

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Broomo’s story

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:14 am

broomo wrote:The first and last time I'll post something to publicise the book.

Made it onto the Times 12 best sports books of 2021 list.

Such an honour.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/best ... -6kg6jj6v6

congratulations. That's some achievement
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Wilfred » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:20 am

Such an honour.

Good stuff, Broomo. The cuppa and Chocolate Hobnob are still available ;)
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:42 am

Such an honour.

Don't tell Belly, he'll self combust :lol:

Congratulations.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:08 pm

broomo wrote:I'll just add that at no point did I ask for this thread to be put up, or any other thread discussing the book (or me) at no point have I linked to any of the publicity and at no point have I asked anyone to buy the book.

I've commented and answered honestly throughout.

One person (maybe more privately) think I'm doing it for the money. One person (maybe more privately) is wrong.

This private person may be jealous because he cannot read .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:15 pm

Come on lads. Lets not make this about having a go at him.

Of course he's going to be pissed off if people have a go at him about it.

He made his views known, I responded to his views. That's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:26 pm

Congratulations Broomo!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:33 pm

Hi broomo, thanks to Martin i just watched you on teli, plugging the book it is nice to see a normal guy do something special.
Like many i look forward to your posts and input on this forum.
Once more you have let someone who is blissfully ignorant DRAW YOU . having a debate with opposing views is natural thats football.
But bellwhiff is clueless and just goes into slanging match mode, whats he doing on this thread he is not interested in your story or your book.
But again causes conflict on a personal scale,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:42 pm

Just read the good news, well done broomo, love it that someone special like Wilfred has treats waiting for you.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:14 pm

Congratulations Broomo! Well done.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:50 pm

bear 73 wrote:Hi broomo, thanks to Martin i just watched you on teli, plugging the book it is nice to see a normal guy do something special.
Once more you have let someone who is blissfully ignorant DRAW YOU . having a debate with opposing views is natural thats football.
But bellwhiff is clueless and just goes into slanging match mode, whats he doing on this thread he is not interested in your story or your book.

Yet you step back in to wind it up again. Broomo responded. I respected that and that was the end of it till you decided ti kick things off again. I’m rather tired of your rambling incoherence. You’re a Derby fan. You’re not one of us. At least Broomo is understanding of that perception.

Wind it in.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:21 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Hi broomo, thanks to Martin i just watched you on teli, plugging the book it is nice to see a normal guy do something special.

Yet you step back in to wind it up again. Broomo responded. I respected that and that was the end of it till you decided ti kick things off again. I’m rather tired of your rambling incoherence. You’re a Derby fan. You’re not one of us. At least Broomo is understanding of that perception.

Wind it in.

I was reprimanded the other week for mentioning other posters, its trolling apparently?
I hope this idiotic Bear isn't getting away with his constant trolling??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:41 pm

Great read Broomo !
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:47 pm

Picked up my copy today. Initially I could not find it in Waterstones, turns out they had sold of all the copies on display and had to get more from the stockroom. Look forward to reading it over the coming days.

So fear not Bellwiff, if you can’t find it in whichever book shop you use, always helpful staff will ensure you don’t go home empty handed.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:54 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Wind it in.

I was reprimanded the other week for mentioning other posters, its trolling apparently?

I've recently had a bear related telling off aswell...
It's got to the point that I find myself on here less and less as his mumbo jumbo is on every single thread...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Wind it in.

It's got to the point that I find myself on here less and less as his mumbo jumbo is on every single thread...

I have not got to justify myself to other posters and there mumbo jumbo, wind it in, idiotic, Troll
This is a post about a book, took of topic not by me.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:22 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Wind it in.

As this post is not related to the book or football related, but a name calling exercise i cannot comment
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:28 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Wind it in.

You could block him like you do me ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:00 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Wind it in.

I have not got to justify myself to other posters and there mumbo jumbo, wind it in, idiotic, Troll
This is a post about a book, took of topic not by me.

Except it was, Yoda.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sue » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:48 am

Congratulations, Broomo!
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby diablo » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:02 pm

I would be interested in Nigel's take on this story...how did he react to another hypothetical " brother " suddenly appearing and taking up a father's time that would have been rightly his ?....Its a strange story indeed ...what is the rather almost unhealthy attitude of Broomo following Nigel's Star to such an extent ..Broomo obviously had a difficult childhood but no more difficult than many people of the Era...as I previously stated I would be interested to hear Nigel's take on yet another account about Nigel Clough, who may have been a great Football Manager but was certainly by many accounts no Saint
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby broomo » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:36 pm

diablo wrote:I would be interested in Nigel's take on this story...how did he react to another hypothetical " brother " suddenly appearing and taking up a father's time that would have been rightly his ?....Its a strange story indeed ...what is the rather almost unhealthy attitude of Broomo following Nigel's Star to such an extent ..Broomo obviously had a difficult childhood but no more difficult than many people of the Era...as I previously stated I would be interested to hear Nigel's take on yet another account about Nigel Clough, who may have been a great Football Manager but was certainly by many accounts no Saint

Such a weird post.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:29 pm

broomo wrote:
diablo wrote:I would be interested in Nigel's take on this story...how did he react to another hypothetical " brother " suddenly appearing and taking up a father's time that would have been rightly his ?....Its a strange story indeed ...what is the rather almost unhealthy attitude of Broomo following Nigel's Star to such an extent ..Broomo obviously had a difficult childhood but no more difficult than many people of the Era...as I previously stated I would be interested to hear Nigel's take on yet another account about Nigel Clough, who may have been a great Football Manager but was certainly by many accounts no Saint

Such a weird post.

Maybe in your eyes, however it is an entirely logical assumption for many people to question your experiences of so many years ago..a child's mind works differently to an adults in many ways
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby broomo » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:34 pm

You didn't question my experiences as a child though did you?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:40 am

diablo wrote:
broomo wrote:

Such a weird post.

Maybe in your eyes, however it is an entirely logical assumption for many people to question your experiences of so many years ago..a child's mind works differently to an adults in many ways

Diablo, you are saying that his childhood was 'no more difficult than many people of the era' and ' entirely logical assumption for many people to question your experiences of so many years ago'
I am confused, Diablo, are you accusing him of lying or playing up his childhood poverty to sell books? I'm not clear on which it is.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:06 am

broomo wrote:You didn't question my experiences as a child though did you?

Isn't your book about your childhood experience ?
diablo
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum