{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Sack Race

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Sack Race

Postby victor A block » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:39 am

Richard Cranium wrote:
Sneag wrote:Frank Lampard will be available in about half an hour.

PEAR CIDER has just told me Lamps being lined up as John Terry's assistant next season if Clough dont take us up

No. Its Wayne Bridge's wife.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:47 am

bigalstag1 wrote:Clough's transfer windows appear underwhelming, because they are.
Give him a chance, the window has just opened. You may be surprised.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:22 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Clough's transfer windows appear underwhelming, because they are.

Yes let’s give him a chance, like the last two January transfer windows, good idea
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:25 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:35 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Evens nipping out for a Chinese?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:47 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:57 pm

Darren Ferguson again :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:57 pm

He's giving Sheridan a run for his money.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:07 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

My brother who is a STH says the Posh fans are in meltdown over it. They were split over McCann but almost universally don't want Ferguson back.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:16 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Yes let’s give him a chance, like the last two January transfer windows, good idea

You were wet through on 1st Feb last year
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Sharp » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:16 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Yes let’s give him a chance, like the last two January transfer windows, good idea

Very good point, what we should do is track down the Stagsnet poster who posted this to the board at the end of the January window in 2022 and ask him what planet he was on....

i said it last night however as a fan of this club just take a second to stand back & take in this tx window & whom we have signed !!! John Radford you are an absolute Mansfield Town legend, i cannot thank you enough
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:18 pm

Sharp wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Yes let’s give him a chance, like the last two January transfer windows, good idea

Very good point, what we should do is track down the Stagsnet poster who posted this to the board at the end of the January window in 2022 and ask him what planet he was on....

i said it last night however as a fan of this club just take a second to stand back & take in this tx window & whom we have signed !!! John Radford you are an absolute Mansfield Town legend, i cannot thank you enough

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:22 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

My brother who is a STH says the Posh fans are in meltdown over it. They were split over McCann but almost universally don't want Ferguson back.

Ferguson has been appointed for his third spell at Peterborough. They say you should never go back. Amazing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:42 pm

Sharp wrote:

Good transfer window is down to John Radford, bad is down to Clough. We all know this.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:43 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Ferguson has been appointed for his third spell at Peterborough. They say you should never go back. Amazing.

Not nit picking Andy but it's his 4th.....my fuming younger brother is so livid about it he's shouted it down the phone mate !!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:58 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Not nit picking Andy but it's his 4th.....my fuming younger brother is so livid about it he's shouted it down the phone mate !!

Fourth, that must be some kind of record.

I thought they may have gone for the Cowleys.

I suppose this way, they know what they are getting !
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:00 pm

Sharp wrote:

Oooooooooooooosh :lol:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:24 pm

John Sheridan has been appointed as Oldham manager 5 times (1 x caretaker)

Graham Westley has been appointed as Stevenage manager 4 times.

Martin Allen and John Still have been appointed as Barnet manager 3 times

John Still and Graham Westley are also former Posh managers
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag on the Beach » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:14 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Would he have had Evans back though?
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:48 pm

"Gillingham have appointed Kenny Jackett as director of football and ex-player and manager Andy Hessenthaler as head of recruitment."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64176254

You might have argued at the start of last season that Neil Harris, Kenny Jackett and Andy Hessenthaler were the strongest management team in League 2.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:01 pm

More strange stories about the Crypto Bros:

"Crawley tried to lure a player to join them by offering a bonus per header incentive to the contract. The unique proposal was the bright idea of Crawley Town's cryptocurrency owners Wagmi United. The crypto company brought the club in April and attempted to rebuild Crawley's squad by cajoling players with bizarre cash prizes. According to The Guardian, Wagmi United, led by 'crypto bros' Preston Johnson and Eben Smith, told a defender he'd receive a bonus every time he headed the ball during a match. But despite the chance of racking up an astronomical amount in every match, the unnamed defender rejected the tantalisng offer to join another club.

However, one of Wagmi's unorthodox offers was successful as they signed Dominic Telford from Newport by doubling his former salary and providing him a bonus for every time he wins the ball back in the opposition side's half. But Telford, who arrived as last season's top scorer in League Two, hasn't been able to stop chaos from engulfing the fourth-tier side."

Crawley's crypto owners showed another glimpse of their questionable transfer tactics when they told the manager he couldn't play former striker Tom Nichols. Nichols revealed: "I got told after training they had accepted an offer for me from another club and I couldn’t play anymore."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... r-28880983
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:12 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:15 pm

The Swindon fans seem really happy about it which is I’m a bit surprised about but they obviously know a lot more about it than I do!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:54 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:How long before Ben Garner goes back to Swindon Town? They were booed at the end after their home defeat by Crewe when they were 7th in the league and they lost 2-0 at Crawley on Saturday.

This could be on. Swindon were booed by their fans after losing 1-0 away to Col U on Saturday. They were nearly as mad as the Tranmere fans who lost 1-0 at Crewe after Crewe had recorded an xG of zero against Stockport away and then been thumped 3-0 at home by Carlisle.

Swindon's record since beating the Stags 5-2 at Field Mill is P9 W2 D2 L5 (8 out of 27 points).

Scott Lindsay saw the writing on the wall so he has wisely jumped ship.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:07 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:How long before Ben Garner goes back to Swindon Town? They were booed at the end after their home defeat by Crewe when they were 7th in the league and they lost 2-0 at Crawley on Saturday.

This could be on. Swindon were booed by their fans after losing 1-0 away to Col U on Saturday. They were nearly as mad as the Tranmere fans who lost 1-0 at Crewe after Crewe had recorded an xG of zero against Stockport away and then been thumped 3-0 at home by Carlisle.

Swindon's record since beating the Stags 5-2 at Field Mill is P9 W2 D2 L5 (8 out of 27 points).

Scott Lindsay saw the writing on the wall so he has wisely jumped ship.

Bit strange when they are in playoff places.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum