{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Sack Race

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Sack Race 2021-2022

Postby Aspleystag » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:35 am

I think we should stick with NC let him have a January deadline and get players back and see what he does, there would be time in Feb to change managers and save the season it is not exactly the toughest league we have ever faced. If by late feb we are still struggling bring in a short term fix manager. Personally I would like to see what NC could do with the club given a long run.
Aspleystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:37 am

Aspleystag wrote:I think we should stick with NC let him have a January deadline and get players back and see what he does, there would be time in Feb to change managers and save the season it is not exactly the toughest league we have ever faced. If by late feb we are still struggling bring in a short term fix manager. Personally I would like to see what NC could do with the club given a long run.

If he sacks his brother as scout or whatever his title is. He won’t sack his brother though will he.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:45 am

Potential cryptic post by Carolyn on Instagram?

Lyrics to ‘bye bye baby’ by Madonna it seems (thanks google)

‘I keep on waiting, anticipating, but I can’t wait forever’
‘You’ve had your chances’
‘We have to say goodbye’

You could obviously argue that it means absolutely nothing, but we all know there’s been cryptic posts like this in the past that go on to lead to something. Have to wait and see
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:49 am

BH_Stag wrote:Potential cryptic post by Carolyn on Instagram?

‘We have to say goodbye’

You could obviously argue that it means absolutely nothing, but we all know there’s been cryptic posts like this in the past that go on to lead to something. Have to wait and see

They have sacked manager for less!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:52 am

‘We have to say goodbye’

Carolyn's a smart cookie, she usually has some intended meaning behind her posts. They aren't as arbitrary as they first appear.

Who or what is the intended recipient of the goodbye, We shall see, but probably Nigel.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:56 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:

‘We have to say goodbye’

Carolyn's a smart cookie, she usually has some intended meaning behind her posts. They aren't as arbitrary as they first appear.

Who or what is the intended recipient of the goodbye, We shall see, but probably Nigel.
Or maybe it's a message to the fans that they ( The Radfords ) are pulling out. It wouldn't surprise me. They've tried every combination of managers and it's not happening. Three seasons battling at the bottom may have become too much.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:03 am

Amber Andy wrote:

‘We have to say goodbye’

Or maybe it's a message to the fans that they ( The Radfords ) are pulling out. It wouldn't surprise me. They've tried every combination of managers and it's not happening. Three seasons battling at the bottom may have become too much.

Think you would be struggling to find anyone to take a lg2 club off your hands at the minute thou! Apart from the land the ground sits on theres not much to tempt potential buyers is there?... Certainly isnt many assets in this terrible squad :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:06 am

Amber Andy wrote:

‘We have to say goodbye’

The though had momentarily crossed my mind AA. But if they want to sell, they need to protect their investment and keep it in the EFL. Surprised if they did, they were talking about a terrace along the bishop the other day.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:08 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

‘We have to say goodbye’

Think you would be struggling to find anyone to take a lg2 club off your hands at the minute thou! Apart from the land the ground sits on theres not much to tempt potential buyers is there?... Certainly isnt many assets in this terrible squad :lol:

At least it’s not owned by or mortgaged to the ratepayers unlike your team’s non league abode.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:12 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

‘We have to say goodbye’

I think you've let your guard slip Cheaterfield fan ? ;)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:49 am

I hear alot of fans say its dinosaur football. like Burnley i suppose, just bash it up to Wood and Barnes, would you say Cloughie is a dinosaur, bash it up to Hawkins?
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 am

Yesterday was the most direct we have been all season which I think was due to a combination of poor passing and Northampton crowding the midfield. Oli Hawkins won 6 aerial duals according to whoscored but the two big Northampton centre halfs, Jon Guthrie and Fraser Horsfall, coped well with the long balls. Jon Guthrie won 9 aerial duals and Fraser Horsfall scored with a header.

We are also not direct when we need to be e.g. free kicks and long throws. We had a great opportunity to put a free kick into the box in the 1st half but we took a quick free kick, passed it across the pitch and then we ended up knocking the ball back to Nathan Bishop. We also won plenty of throws around the edge of the area but we do not have anybody who can aim a good long throw towards Hawkins or Rawson. Tyrese Sinclair is probably the best at it. Northampton have scored at least 3 goals this season direct or 2nd phase from long throws (Port Vale, Salford and Mansfield).
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:38 am

Once more disappointment and a very sad weekend with our players being beat by a average team , nothing to cheer at the moment even a goal seems light years away.
and what does the manager do.
Tells it how it is, We played with 2 strikers in a 442, and we did not do enough and we we were not good enough,
Not enough desire or grit shown and two many 1st choice players missing playing with half a team.
The players are rock bottom on confidence and we need players coming back, on reflection he said he picked the wrong team, he should have not have been positive and played 5 in midfield.
This present team is a shadow of the one that played in the first 5 games, and until Jan we have to grind out results.
It is very difficult for young players coming into a struggling team, there was 3 in the second half on Sat,
We are going through a difficult time and it is far too soon for a management change, players coming back should make a difference
Bowery, ,Hawkins, Oates, Johnson, Sinclaire looks full of goals funny old game
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:52 am

Charlton Athletic have sacked Nigel Adkins.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:15 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Charlton Athletic have sacked Nigel Adkins.

And he joins the merry go round thats 14 in 10 years works well hire and fire a massive club lingering in 22nd place in League 1
Some well known names , Adkins, Boyer, Robinson, Nugent, Slade, Powell, Peacock, , the good news here is the fans love a new face.
Keeps their forum busy and the trolls can have a field day,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:48 pm

The former Brentford, Watford and Bristol City player, Keith Millen (55) is the new Carlisle manager.

James Rowberry (36) is the new Newport manager and got a win on Saturday. He was previously a coach at Cardiff City.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:52 pm

What does joey Barton have to do to get sacked, read something about him comparing Saturday's loss to the holocaust.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:31 pm

Heard on the grapevine that NG offered his resignation to JR and it was refused.
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Nottsstag100 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:49 pm

diablo wrote:Heard on the grapevine that NG offered his resignation to JR and it was refused.

Stupid lie, stop spreading rumours
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 pm

diablo wrote:Heard on the grapevine that NG offered his resignation to JR and it was refused.

interesting stuff if true
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:29 pm

A dangerous thing, the grapevine.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:54 pm

Cloughie & players will come good .
... our only negative is that we have lost Perch who was our defensive commander
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:23 pm

Should of snapped his hand off if true.. However doubt it is.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bear 73 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:37 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:

Should of snapped his hand off if true.. However doubt it is.

No Comment
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:57 pm

Nigel Glough?

Never heard of him
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum