{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Rochdale game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Rochdale game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:03 pm

Danny Johnson scores against Rochdale

brief highlights produced by IMG
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Rochdale game

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:01 pm

matchday moments (longer version on iFollow)

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:12 pm

Smashing. My granddaughter is made up that she’s on the telly :)
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:50 pm

Johnson should be starting games. Dont know what it is with Oates...superb for Hartlepool last year. We are not getting the best out of him here. (maybe playing too wide)
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:19 pm

victor A block wrote:Johnson should be starting games. Dont know what it is with Oates...superb for Hartlepool last year. We are not getting the best out of him here. (maybe playing too wide)

It's concerning some players are not improving, I expected more from Clough and his team regards improving players, still time but we don't have it at the moment.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:40 pm

chip63 wrote:
victor A block wrote:Johnson should be starting games. Dont know what it is with Oates...superb for Hartlepool last year. We are not getting the best out of him here. (maybe playing too wide)

It's concerning some players are not improving, I expected more from Clough and his team regards improving players, still time but we don't have it at the moment.

you are not the first person to say that of late sadly
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:41 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
chip63 wrote:

you are not the first person to say that of late sadly

You’re for it now
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:44 pm

chip63 wrote:

Still early ISH days for Oates, and least he scored one I guess!

Gordon is the most disappointing one for me, I don't think he's progressed at all since Dempster bought him in. As of right now, if his contract is up at the end of the season I wouldn't be renewing it.

Rawson was improving the second half of last season under Clough but has seemingly taken a step back from the start of this season.

Still a long way to go until end of the season where anything can happen. Knowing us we'll win two games and everyone will be wanting a statue of some of them but I guess that's the knee jerk reaction we get on here.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:06 pm

chip63 wrote:

You cant say that on here! :lol:

Broomo & Sedgwick will be having kittens :D

But in all seriousness its an excellent point
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:25 pm

Not a video but did a 30 second snippet for the EFL podcast and there’s a brief chat from the presenters on Stags current state. Starts at 1hr 2mins for anyone interested.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:14 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
chip63 wrote:

You cant say that on here! :lol:

Broomo & Sedgwick will be having kittens :D

But in all seriousness its an excellent point

I mean I sort of agree but Im not entirely sure what they can do with certain lads in the squad. Established league two players aren't suddenly going to jump up a level because we have Nigel Clough in the dugout...

But on the other hand, I personally think its not spoken about enough how Jordan Bowrey improved when Clough came in, so perhaps it can happen.

Players like Gordon just haven't done enough, seemingly won't get better, don't learn from their mistakes etc. He was one at Derby told to tone it down, Had a flash car and was always skint flashing his cash.. He'll be part time in non league one day regretting his career if hes not careful.

Oates is a non league player, I like his energy and direct approach but theres very little at the end of it, and without that time and space you get in the league below he wont score as many in league two. Time is on his side though, he may adapt and come good, but atm I wouldn't be starting him over Johnson. When he was at Hartlepool in league two and morecambe he did very little.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:20 pm

Clarke, Maris, Macca, Bowery have all improved under Clough.

Christ, even Jamie Reid improved when he came in.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:26 pm

James wrote:Clarke, Maris, Macca, Bowery have all improved under Clough.

Stop it! It doesn't fit with some people's narrative on here :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:54 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
James wrote:Clarke, Maris, Macca, Bowery have all improved under Clough.

Stop it! It doesn't fit with some people's narrative on here :lol:

Because that's only James opinion you plonker :roll:

Jamie Reid was given a good run but never ever improved
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum