{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Perch out for season with fractured skull

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Perch out for season with fractured skull

Postby mousemousemouse » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:32 am

Out for the season with a fractured skull. Gutted for him

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2021 ... mes-perch/
Last edited by mousemousemouse on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Perch

Postby James » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:33 am

Wow, massive blow. Hope he can fully recover.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:34 am

Devastating. Best wishes to Perchy.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:38 am

I hope he can help with some form of coaching. Not sure what the requirements are for such a head injury, but I imagine non contact approach to coaching or something to help the the defence
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:41 am

‪This may sound like a complete overreaction but this could be the end of our season already. We’ve seen just how much we’ve missed him the last few games. More importantly I hope he makes a full recovery. ‬
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:43 am

Dan wrote:This may sound like a complete overreaction but this could be the end of our season already. We’ve seen just how much we’ve missed him the last few games. More importantly I hope he makes a full recovery. ‬

Yeah it is :lol: Perch will be a big miss though.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:44 am

Terrible news all round. Firstly hope his recovery goes well… it was good to see him seeming fine in himself the other day on NottsTV. Very unfortunate to pick up an injury to that extent in training.

Worry about where this leaves us now, a nightmare scenario really defensively. Somebody is going to have to step up big time but really don’t think we have the personnel to do it. If we ship another few tomorrow confidence will be completely shot and it will be a limp towards January.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:48 am

We are doomed.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby lifestags » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:49 am

Hope Perch makes a full recovery!

We need to get into the free agent market asap, I dont believe the players out of contract are worse then Nartey and Hewitt.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:49 am

mousemousemouse wrote:I hope he can help with some form of coaching. Not sure what the requirements are for such a head injury, but I imagine non contact approach to coaching or something to help the the defence

At his age I'd be surprised if he didn't look at going into coaching now & didn't play again.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:54 am

Gutted for him, well for everyone really but obviously him first and foremost.

So basically we’ve got this ridiculous shambles of a defence until january, excellent.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:56 am

Sneag wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:I hope he can help with some form of coaching. Not sure what the requirements are for such a head injury, but I imagine non contact approach to coaching or something to help the the defence

At his age I'd be surprised if he didn't look at going into coaching now & didn't play again.

I'm with you Sneag, I think he won't play a competitive game again.

Enjoy your retirement, you will be missed.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:58 am

Sneag wrote:

Agreed, which is a sad end on a great career.

This type of news does seem be the theme of the season!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:00 am

He was on the bench as a coach for the u23 game.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:01 am

Hjeldefan wrote:
Dan wrote:This may sound like a complete overreaction but this could be the end of our season already. We’ve seen just how much we’ve missed him the last few games. More importantly I hope he makes a full recovery. ‬

You might laugh but all we've heard from Clough recently is "when we get James Perch back we'll be ok" well now he's not coming back what now?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:03 am

Dan wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:

You might laugh but all we've heard from Clough recently is "when we get James Perch back we'll be ok" well now he's not coming back what now?

Defensively we’re screwed, there is literally no other way of putting, we’re absolutely buggered.

Either this lot decide to actually put a shift in and learn to defend otherwise we’re going to be in for a long few months until january.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:03 am

i wonder if he will retire? Head injuries play on the mind a lot
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:04 am

Oh dear this could be the end of his playing career, gutted for him, what a blow for him and the club, our thoughts go with him during his recovery
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Sue » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:07 am

adamstag wrote:Gutted for him, well for everyone really but obviously him first and foremost.

Couldn’t agree more. Very sorry indeed to hear this news, for both James and MTFC.
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:23 am

All the best Perchy lad, well that’s that then !

Let’s see what the Gaffa & team do now, they will already be on with sorting, keep the faith
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:27 am

Terrible news for him, glad its been picked up and hope that he gets all the support available to him to enable a full recovery for him and his family. I cant imagine he'll play again, no point risking coming back from something as serious as a fractured skull when he'll be at least 36 and only having a couple of years at the most playing career left in him, especially when he'll probably be able to get an insurance payout from it. Good luck to him.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:29 am

Dan wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:

It is a big blow without doubt. But to say our season is over is over the top. I remember when we won the conference title, that season we conceded 4 a few times near the start of the season and looked a shambles. We turned that around and it could happen again quite easily.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:29 am

That'll be him retiring, then.
Huge loss for the season, remember Hayden White?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:36 am

Gutted for Perch. He came back to his hometown club looking to go out on a high, and he was a class act in his short time here, but this is the last way he would have wanted it to end.

As for us, Clough will sort it. I expect Nartey to improve and we may yet see Hawkins at CB at this rate. If we can stay in the top half until January, I think we'll sign someone and still be in with a chance of playoffs. Season definitely not over.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:39 am

Hope you can make a good recovery perchy.

Agree that he could consider retirement, I guess it depends how long he thinks he has left and how much he wants it.

It’s a big blow to our prospects, as Dan said what’s Clough’s plan now he’s out for the season? I’d be talking to any decent free agents I could find as well as making my list for January.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum