{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dale Score Thread Sponsored By The Co-Op...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dale Score Thread Sponsored By The Co-Op...

Postby diablo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:35 pm

Thought we looked good for the first 10 minutes then Rochdale took over..very good side , neat passing plays...and we managed to hold on to half time...Oates hardly touched the ball and did very little running, looked lost and out of position..why was he in the starting line up? Rawson I thought was the pick of the defence today head and shoulders above Hewitt who looks very lightweight for a centre half . Gordon will never be a defender as long as he has a hole in the proverbial , totally responsible for their goal and not for the first time either. McLaughlin is definitely a winger and again not a good defender but works hard..Hawkins and Bowery played quite well..Ollie Clarke didn't look interested ,the pattern of play altered when Stirk and Johnson came on...and the sudden catalyst of injecting pace and determination spread throughout the team and we were unlucky not to snatch it at the end..but the question need to be asked why weren't they in the starting eleven?..and why wait so soon to bring them on we looked good in the last 10 minutes..but why 10 men back to defend a corner ? that's definitely old hat....all in all happy to get a point..
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby broomo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:41 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
broomo wrote:Showed a lot of character to get a point after a disastrous mistake by Kellan.

Anyone who watched the game and still blames the manager for that mistake is an idiot.

Might post more when I get back.

Delighted for DJ. Hope he starts next week.

I think calling anyone who disagrees with you an idiot won’t get you any respect on this board , you ain’t a Mansfield fan end of . On to the game we were poor very poor for 60-75 mins a draw in the end and a 1point was very welcome on recent results ..

I don't and didn't call anyone who disagrees with me an idiot. I said anyone who saw Kellan's mistake and still blames Nigel for it is an idiot.

No need for you to try and drive a wedge between me and decent stags fans. Especially when you're renowned for being a massive troll. I don't want or need your respect.

See you at Orient
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:44 pm

Pleasantly surprise with the majority of the crowds reaction to Hewitt . He did a few things right early doors and seemed to get a very good response from the stands . Crowd got behind him , a very nice change from the negativity we have previously seen towards the seasons scapegoat .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Wil0211 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:46 pm

I do not think anyone is blaming the Manager for Gordon's mistake. The only blame you can point towards the manager is that he decided that Gordon is his first choice right back when better players in the position are being loaned out.
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:00 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:07 pm

O’Keefe would improve our starting eleven. I hope something can be sorted out.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:39 pm

Dan wrote:

Very unlucky not win it, totally agree with that!

Great shots too! DJ full of passion
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:43 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Aspleystag wrote:Surely if he can’t bring in a free agent he needs to recall the two defenders

He can’t.

Genuine question can we not bring anyone in till January????

We can sign free agents. Were speaking to one or two. I imagine they might train with the squad next week?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:51 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:Pleasantly surprise with the majority of the crowds reaction to Hewitt . He did a few things right early doors and seemed to get a very good response from the stands . Crowd got behind him , a very nice change from the negativity we have previously seen towards the seasons scapegoat .

Yes I noticed that, same with Gordon too after his mistake, well in the Lower tier anyway, not sure about the grumps upstairs ;)

Dale were the better team for me and bossed midfield. In fact I thought our midfield again underperformed, which is a worry. Hawkins was again terrific and Rawson and Hewitt did well. Gordon's mistake was a bad one, not the area of the pitch to do that, his natural instincts are to attack and he paid for that today. In fact both full backs had distinctly average games. Johnson did well when he came on, I think the manager was right to drop him and I am sure this was the reaction he was after. Overall I thought the game itself was a poor one.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:13 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Aspleystag wrote:Surely if he can’t bring in a free agent he needs to recall the two defenders

He can’t.

He can but he won't.

Was talking to one of the Directors before the game and it was discussed about recalling both lads immediately once they knew Nartey was going to be out for 8 weeks and Forrester wasn't going to be fit till 1st week of October. Not sure why as he wouldn't say but Clough is adamant he doesn't want either of them back at the football club .
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:22 pm

Pics from today including a few from the depths of the Bishop Street Stand which strangely has had a lick of paint on the terrace. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?van ... 1995864104
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:27 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He can’t.

He can but he won't.

Was talking to one of the Directors before the game and it was discussed about recalling both lads immediately once they knew Nartey was going to be out for 8 weeks and Forrester wasn't going to be fit till 1st week of October. Not sure why as he wouldn't say but Clough is adamant he doesn't want either of them back at the football club .

He can't recall either of them outside of a football league transfer window. I don't know who's told you otherwise, they're wrong.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:33 pm

Stoney wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He can’t.

He can but he won't.

He can't recall either of them outside of a football league transfer window. I don't know who's told you otherwise, they're wrong.

Correct.

Good to see the Director has their finger on the pulse :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:37 pm

Not long back.

My talk. I didn’t see us scoring to be honest after that horrendous ricket by Gordon. Was a good goal though and you could see the confidence flow back into the side. I thought Rawson was good today and Hewitt didn’t do that bad. Bowery was MotM for me.

They played good football but were a niggly side and prone to throwing themselves to the ground. Their No4 and 20 were dicks

If Nartey is out (what’s up with him?) and we’ve lost Perch then we are in shitstate. If the comments above about O’Keefe and Menayese are true then that’s shocking.

Long trip that juggling two grandspawn. Worth it though.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:45 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:A good point against promotion chasers

Sure its not shocking management?? :lol:

A good three points would have been said but for another mistake by the winger at RB

Fair.

Big improvement, the point the boys needed.

least your posting and haven't vanished like Billy the fish, Norman gazmouse and co... :?

Haven't vanished... Still here... Still havent changed my mind on this team!.

Thought we were awful again today... Dale could of been out of sight if they had anyone who could finish.

Spirites going top just about tops off another dire saturday being a stags fan :cry:

Gunna be a long hard relegation fight AGAIN...

Cloughies absolute comedy deadline day loan signings have certainly made the difference eh?
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:47 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He can’t.

He can but he won't.

Absolute horse raspberry, one of the funniest lies I've seen on here... Just trying to have a dig at the manager. He cant recall those on loan until January.

"Loans can only be six-month or season-long deals, and any recall clauses can only be activated during a transfer window."
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:56 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He can’t.

He can but he won't.

Correct.

Good to see the Director has their finger on the pulse :lol:

I'd suspect he doesn't need to have his finger on the pulse reference contracts and legalities. The club have a CEO and a Solicitor to advise them. Its all irrelevant anyway cos Clough doesn't want either of them.
Last edited by Grendon Stag on Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:15 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Not long back.

My talk. I didn’t see us scoring to be honest after that horrendous ricket by Gordon. Was a good goal though and you could see the confidence flow back into the side. I thought Rawson was good today and Hewitt didn’t do that bad. Bowery was MotM for me.

They played good football but were a niggly side and prone to throwing themselves to the ground. Their No4 and 20 were dicks

If Nartey is out (what’s up with him?) and we’ve lost Perch then we are in shitstate. If the comments above about O’Keefe and Menayese are true then that’s shocking.

Long trip that juggling two grandspawn. Worth it though.

Hope the grandkids enjoyed the day and want to go again.

It's not true.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:29 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:Its all irrelevant anyway cos Clough doesn't want either of them.

Clough told me last week he would not have sent Menayese out on loan if he'd known how it would pan out with injuries. Based on what he said to me, I think he will recall Menayese in January.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:48 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:Its all irrelevant anyway cos Clough doesn't want either of them.

Clough told me last week he would not have sent Menayese out on loan if he'd known how it would pan out with injuries. Based on what he said to me, I think he will recall Menayese in January.

Not bothered about menayese, he can’t kick a ball in a straight line, what about o’keffee
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:44 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

A good three points would have been said but for another mistake by the winger at RB

Fair.

least your posting and haven't vanished like Billy the fish, Norman gazmouse and co... :?

Thought we were awful again today... Dale could of been out of sight if they had anyone who could finish.

Spirites going top just about tops off another dire saturday being a stags fan :cry:

Cloughies absolute comedy deadline day loan signings have certainly made the difference eh?
Trip, trap, trip, trap ........... yawn.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:09 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Fair.

Cloughies absolute comedy deadline day loan signings have certainly made the difference eh?[/quote]Trip, trap, trip, trap ........... yawn.[/quote]

Intelligent reply.... So you dont think were in a relegation battle then?
You also think cloughies deadline day signings are doing well?! :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:23 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Fair.

Trip, trap, trip, trap ........... yawn.[/quote]

Intelligent reply.... So you dont think were in a relegation battle then?
You also think cloughies deadline day signings are doing well?! :lol:[/quote] What I do think is you only post negatives about Mansfield and only positives about Cheaterfield. Strange that for a stags fan.

If you actually read posts on here and followed the thread, you will know I have been critical of the signings.
Another reason why I think you are trolling in an effort to bring doom and gloom to this board. Bobby sused you out weeks ago.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:28 am

adamstag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Not bothered about menayese, he can’t kick a ball in a straight line, what about o’keffee

Well O'Keeffe's loan expires in January. He either returns or we actively seek to sell/move on.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:48 am

Too early to say if it's a relegation battle yet. We are in front of Coghlan's total after 8 games last season.
However I feel the poor defence ( yet to keep a clean sheet) will be our Achilles heel as to progressing any further than mid table. God forbid there are no more injuries to CBs or we may need to call on such as Cooper etc to fill-in.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum