{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

exorcism

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

exorcism

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Anyone else think club needs a exorcism
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Re: exorcism

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:51 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Anyone else think club needs a exorcism

Thought we had one some years back.

Anyway a club is lost without a bit of spirit.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Been told the reason for so many young players, especially coming in on loan is for the possibility of seeing if they are good enough, signing them and selling them in the future.

Sweeney was signed on this basis. Stirk, Burke, shelvey, ward, and having so many YT automatically graduate to the first team every year.

To me that's pants, were lacking experience all over the park

Sort the board out and an exorcism too if it helps
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:59 pm

I’ll pop up and have a wee in all the corners of the ground
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:02 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I’ll pop up and have a wee in all the corners of the ground

Angol ? already done it .
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:07 pm

Exorcism is a good idea. We've tried everything else. Maybe sack the board and sell up... Pack it in. L2 FOREVER, what's the point? We've tried good managers, we've tried crap managers. We've thrown money at and we've promoted youth players. The outcome is the same.

Can't. Be. Arsed.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:23 pm

The One wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:I’ll pop up and have a wee in all the corners of the ground

Angol ? already done it .

Are you sure it wasn’t Yussef. I know he’s done it behind a stand and has previous for it.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:25 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Exorcism is a good idea. We've tried everything else. Maybe sack the board and sell up... Pack it in. L2 FOREVER, what's the point? We've tried good managers, we've tried crap managers. We've thrown money at and we've promoted youth players. The outcome is the same.

Can't. Be. Arsed.

Exactly how I've been feeling for the past few weeks.... Struggling to get any motivation to watch anymore.
Turned off the match after the 2nd goal went in today and i was watching for free.. God knows how the diehard away following are coping atm.

Even broomo must be struggling to see how nige can pull things back from this :cry:

Confidence seems lower than a snakes belly...yet nige continues to publicly slaughter HIS signings to the media week in week out.

All i can say is.. John & Carolyn dont know how you stop yourselves walking away... No one would blame you.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:31 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Anyone else think club needs a exorcism

Geoghagan? In a heartbeat.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:50 pm

I was thinking the same today. You just know that if the chairman and board resigned and we lost the manager and all the players, Field Mill got blown up in a prank that got out of hand and the area was contaminated with anthrax so couldn't be used again...
We'd find a new owner and rebuild somewhere else, with a huge budget and state of the art facilities, the best manager, and buy in all the best players...only to spend the rest of history just missing out on the league two playoffs after hitting a run of poor form, having our vital players crocked, and being on the wrong side of refereeing mistakes at crucial moments.

I'm not sure if our traditional bad luck is sort of quirky and charming, or just really annoying.

Perhaps all the regular fans need to take a two season firebreak sabbatical, as something is conducting this consistent underperformance, and it can't be the staff.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Lurker Dan 95 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:22 pm

Is exorcism a good defender?
Lurker Dan 95
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:14 pm

He wouldn't have to be to play for us.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby stag861 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:24 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Exorcism is a good idea. We've tried everything else. Maybe sack the board and sell up... Pack it in. L2 FOREVER, what's the point? We've tried good managers, we've tried crap managers. We've thrown money at and we've promoted youth players. The outcome is the same.

Can't. Be. Arsed.

Exactly how I've been feeling for the past few weeks.... Struggling to get any motivation to watch anymore.
Turned off the match after the 2nd goal went in today and i was watching for free.. God knows how the diehard away following are coping atm.

Even broomo must be struggling to see how nige can pull things back from this :cry:

Confidence seems lower than a snakes belly...yet nige continues to publicly slaughter HIS signings to the media week in week out.

All i can say is.. John & Carolyn dont know how you stop yourselves walking away... No one would blame you.

True supporter? The majority of the 1,000 plus who were there stayed to the very bitter end with large groups still singing.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:11 am

This all stems from the Alan Meale toilet block (corner of North Stand and Bishop St) . Its infiltrated all the scoreboards, got into the pitch drainage, put a covenant on the Bishop Street and cursed us for years. Now its turned Hewitt and Nartey into 2 useless mounds of Rowntrees jelly.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:20 am

victor A block wrote:This all stems from the Alan Meale toilet block (corner of North Stand and Bishop St) . Its infiltrated all the scoreboards, got into the pitch drainage, put a covenant on the Bishop Street and cursed us for years. Now its turned Hewitt and Nartey into 2 useless mounds of Rowntrees jelly.

Bogsiders revenge.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:20 pm

Can't. Be. Arsed.

Although I have absolutely nothing in terms of proof, I've long suspected that there is something fundamentally wrong, deep within thr bowels of the club

Whatever the reason, iI will never chastise any manager who fails to deliver by finishing 4th, given what the alternatives are.

I am still hopeful that Cloughie will sort it
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:34 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Can't. Be. Arsed.

Although I have absolutely nothing in terms of proof, I've long suspected that there is something fundamentally wrong, deep within thr bowels of the club

Whatever the reason, iI will never chastise any manager who fails to deliver by finishing 4th, given what the alternatives are.

What like?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:57 pm

Get the popcorn in Spiro, stagsnet conspiracy theory, could be a good one.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:05 pm

The One wrote:Get the popcorn in Spiro, stagsnet conspiracy theory, could be a good one.

Keith Haslam never really sold the club. He just got the Radford's in to spend loads of money but not get very far to keep winding all us stags fans up for eternity. :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:47 am

When was the last time we gave manager more than a season or two?

Just checked. The last time we gave a manager more than 100 games was Paul Cox
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:49 am

mousemousemouse wrote:When was the last time we gave manager more than a season or two?

Just checked. The last time we gave a manager more than 100 games was Paul Cox

And the last manager to achieve owt!
You could understand not giving Dempster of Coughlan much more time because things weren't going to improve.

Hopefully Clough is the one to take us to league one!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:43 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Can't. Be. Arsed.

What like?

In hindsight I should have phrased it better ;)

I'm certainly not basing it on anything per se other than what may have happened in the past, and wondering where the root of our problems lie? Certainly not suggesting some super masked villain :P

It may easily well be, as mentioned, the high turnover of gaffers.

Above everything, I trust Nige to sort it & put things right
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:10 pm

Im certain it's the ghost of john bachelor dooming us to an eternal life in league 2.

If we'd of changed to harchester rovers we'd be in the championship now :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Amberheart » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:42 pm

Keith Curle once said the club needed feng shui a Chinese art of creating positive energies :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:52 pm

Amberheart wrote:Keith Curle once said the club needed feng shui a Chinese art of creating positive energies :D

He can try it out at Oldham first,I'm presuming he hasn't already considering their predicament.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum