{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Racist Remark Reported

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Racist Remark Reported

Postby yorkstag » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:37 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
x-type wrote:This quotation might be pertinent:-

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Very true, it has been reported for goodness sake, let due process procede. So many self righteous folks on this thread led by the usual protagonists.
You miss the point. We are a family club. We don't want kids listen to this kind of thing. It pleases me the seriousness with which some of the posters are taking.

He doesn’t miss the point at all. It’s being investigated and we should let due process decide
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:56 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Very true, it has been reported for goodness sake, let due process procede. So many self righteous folks on this thread led by the usual protagonists.
You miss the point. We are a family club. We don't want kids listen to this kind of thing. It pleases me the seriousness with which some of the posters are taking.

He doesn’t miss the point at all. It’s being investigated and we should let due process decide

So it becomes a subject that we can’t talk about ? I don’t know who was involved in any way so it’s hardly affecting due process is it ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:12 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

So it becomes a subject that we can’t talk about ? I don’t know who was involved in any way so it’s hardly affecting due process is it ?
Exactly. It's very relevant especially in the world of football. It is also relevant to this forum. I also object to his assertion that those who care are self righteous.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:26 pm

I don't associate our club and fans with racism and never have, I hope any reading on here from other clubs understand this is a very rare incident.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:31 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

What are you talking about. I’m not saying we can’t talk about it just saying let due process take place.

Since when are you of all people the arbiter of what’s right and wrong. You have driven people off this board. Unbelievable
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:36 pm

:P c
chip63 wrote:I don't associate our club and fans with racism and never have, I hope any reading on here from other clubs understand this is a very rare incident.

If proven and I only say that because being accused seems to be enough and it isn’t.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:37 pm

diablo wrote:Race was , is and always will be a debatable subject and name calling is the easy option to express feelings but it does show a basic lack of thought for other people ...however as my dear old dad to say "sticks and stones can hurt my bones but calling cannot hurt me " I was brought up in the era when Paddy was an Irishman , Jock was a Scotsmen and Taffy was a Welshman and Pakistanis were Packys and so on...This racial stereotyping is not just a British thing but is found all over the world and is the butt of jokes worldwide...In Australia,,,where does an Englishman hide his money..under his bar of soap...and so on and so on but in my opinion the whole colour thing has been blown up out of all proportion by the Black Lives Matter fiasco and has now gone into over drive and every TV advert appears to have a Black person in it to an excessive degree bearing in mind black people represent some 4% of the population . Everyone should have a job according to their talent not just because its right . The person in the Stand shouting abuse was clearly wrong and will probably never change his opinion . all we can do is point out that we are all equal and all lives matter what ever race, colour or creed they are

Ah it's only "sticks and stones". Good.

Tell your dear old dad you're a racist two hat.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:13 pm

yorkstag wrote:Since when are you of all people the arbiter of what’s right and wrong. You have driven people off this board. Unbelievable

What? Have you been on the Buckie ?

I’m stating that I’m glad that someone had the stones and the morality to report what they heard. Whether it’s going to lead to a conviction is a matter for the authorities.

The point is that this should be addressed. I’m not the arbiter of right and wrong. Dry those big salty tears.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:07 pm

What are you talking about big salty tears?

You don’t consider some of the stuff you post on her an issue - you have no regard for peoples feelings then suddenly you’re evangelical

As I understand it you v rarely attend games anyway

Complete tool

I hope there is a proper process and proportionate sanction if proven
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:51 am

yorkstag wrote:What are you talking about big salty tears?

You don’t consider some of the stuff you post on her an issue - you have no regard for peoples feelings then suddenly you’re evangelical

Complete tool

There’s a difference between disagreeing and bruising someone’s ego and racist abuse. Are you really comparing the two ? One is illegal and the other isn’t for a start.

As for the abuse etc. Didn’t you just call me a tool? Moral high ground lost there. Duh

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:59 am

bellwhiff wrote:

Complete tool

There’s a difference between disagreeing and bruising someone’s ego and racist abuse. Are you really comparing the two ? One is illegal and the other isn’t for a start.

As for the abuse etc. Didn’t you just call me a tool? Moral high ground lost there. Duh

This thread is really getting out of hand, commenting re racial abuse then proceeding to abuse each other.
If racial abuse was not so serious the situation would be laughable.

Let due process take its course, we then move on.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:59 am

The purpose of this post was to highlight an issue in the ground on Saturday of alleged racial abuse towards one of our players by one of our fans.

It then progressed to a good debate about how society is changing its attitudes and peoples thought and now has been derailed into personal abuse which, I can only speak for myself, find incredibly tiresome and infantile.

Let's get back on topic
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:25 am

Complete tool

We all agree on this forum racism has no part in society, and any remarks or action must be acted upon, but yet again from a opinion or view, we turn it into a poster bashing contest.
I am beginning to think we are losing the point RACISM KICK IT OUT ,
P-S yorkstag i never thought a simple no to racism could evoke so many posts from bellyboy, but having a go is his nature
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:20 am

Big yella wrote:
diablo wrote:Race was , is and always will be a debatable subject and name calling is the easy option to express feelings but it does show a basic lack of thought for other people ...however as my dear old dad to say "sticks and stones can hurt my bones but calling cannot hurt me " I was brought up in the era when Paddy was an Irishman , Jock was a Scotsmen and Taffy was a Welshman and Pakistanis were Packys and so on...This racial stereotyping is not just a British thing but is found all over the world and is the butt of jokes worldwide...In Australia,,,where does an Englishman hide his money..under his bar of soap...and so on and so on but in my opinion the whole colour thing has been blown up out of all proportion by the Black Lives Matter fiasco and has now gone into over drive and every TV advert appears to have a Black person in it to an excessive degree bearing in mind black people represent some 4% of the population . Everyone should have a job according to their talent not just because its right . The person in the Stand shouting abuse was clearly wrong and will probably never change his opinion . all we can do is point out that we are all equal and all lives matter what ever race, colour or creed they are

Anyone can learn to read and write , the difficult bit is actually understanding what is written . Taking a quote out of context is never a good or clever idea and neither is your unjustified sarcasm
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:15 pm

bear 73 wrote:

Complete tool

We all agree on this forum racism has no part in society, and any remarks or action must be acted upon, but yet again from a opinion or view, we turn it into a poster bashing contest.
I am beginning to think we are losing the point RACISM KICK IT OUT ,
P-S yorkstag i never thought a simple no to racism could evoke so many posts from bellyboy, but having a go is his nature

Excuse me ? I wasn’t the one dishing the abuse. Talk about prejudging. Not that I care a jot.

Maybe look back and see who started this thread and who was the one that got in a twist.

Maybe then come back and posts a jumble of words that no one understands

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:43 pm

diablo wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Anyone can learn to read and write , the difficult bit is actually understanding what is written . Taking a quote out of context is never a good or clever idea and neither is your unjustified sarcasm

Oh I understood your excusing of racism, which makes you a racist.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:59 pm

bellyboy 14 posts to point out you are against racism , even silly me gets the message Kick Racism Out , thats my 3rd shucks
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:25 pm

oldweststander wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Complete tool

This thread is really getting out of hand, commenting re racial abuse then proceeding to abuse each other.
If racial abuse was not so serious the situation would be laughable.

Let due process take its course, we then move on.

Well, blow me, I have just realised what you remind me of. It’s intrigued me for a couple of days.

You remember them Action Man figures you used to get when you were a kid - you know, the ones from the 1970s. There was the Gripping Hands one, the Eagle Eyes one and the one you most remind me of, the one were you used to pull a cord in his back and he would repeat the same phrase each and every time.

The only difference between you and the Action Man figure is by changing the distance you pulled the cord out, you could actually vary what the Action Man figure said.

However, with you, it doesn’t matter how far the cord is pulled out, the message doesn’t vary. I guess I will just have to accept that Action Man had a wider repertoire than you you seem to have.

Finally, when do you think we will be able to debate it following on from the ‘due process taking its course’ ? Can you answer that now or do you need some time to ponder/mull it over, and then communicate it to everyone ? I only ask, since I will probably want to put the date on me calendar you see.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:28 am

Boring, boring, boring, Steve North.

There you go string pulled again.

Not excusing the actions of a couple,of mindless individuals last weekend but enough is enough, we have got the message.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:03 am

oldweststander wrote:Boring, boring, boring, Steve North.

Not excusing the actions of a couple,of mindless individuals last weekend but enough is enough, we have got the message.

Aw, don’t go all snowflakey on me.

I am only having a little bit of fun with you and ‘infusing’ a little modicum of gentle, friendly and good natured teasing. Please do not take it to heart my friend. I am sure you have the best intentions.

After all, we have just had to endure 18 months of loss, sickness and stress caused by the pandemic, so we all need to introduce a little bit of light hearted fun into our lives.

Btw - whatever happened to Action Man ?
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:30 am

Steve North wrote:

I am only having a little bit of fun with you and ‘infusing’ a little modicum of gentle, friendly and good natured teasing. Please do not take it to heart my friend. I am sure you have the best intentions.

After all, we have just had to endure 18 months of loss, sickness and stress caused by the pandemic, so we all need to introduce a little bit of light hearted fun into our lives.

Steve

Why is it funny to tease an old man? Some would call it bullying.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:51 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Steve North wrote:

Steve

Fair comment and apologies if it has upset him.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:21 am

Steve North wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Steve North wrote:

Steve

Fair comment and apologies if it has upset him.

Fair enough Steve, we all get carried away at times. And well done for the apology it shows a true man.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:36 am

If being called an action man offends someone I'm done with this world.....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:41 am

Steve North wrote:

I understand they are highly collectable, condition is everything?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum