{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Our Manager

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Our Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:57 am

yorkshire stag wrote:been thinking about our situation, i’ve come to the conclusion in Nigel Clough we have some would say the most high profile experienced manager we’ve ever had, therefore we should sit back & trust his judgement & stewardship a bit more than normal as he will come good.

That's one of your best posts Yorkie :lol: I fully agree.

Nigel Clough has managed 1,321 games and has a 40% win rate according to wikipedia. He has three promotions with Burton.

Ian Greaves managed 929 games and has a 34.55% win rate. He had three promotions with two from Division 2 (Championship) - Huddersfield, Bolton and Mansfield.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:25 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:been thinking about our situation, i’ve come to the conclusion in Nigel Clough we have some would say the most high profile experienced manager we’ve ever had, therefore we should sit back & trust his judgement & stewardship a bit more than normal as he will come good.

Nigel Clough has managed 1,321 games and has a 40% win rate according to wikipedia. He has three promotions with Burton.

Ian Greaves managed 929 games and has a 34.55% win rate. He had three promotions with two from Division 2 (Championship) - Huddersfield, Bolton and Mansfield.

It is, but is Yorkie really going to sit back :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:33 am

Nigel is the one
He can turn us on
He can make us whole again :)
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:54 am

garlic wrote:Easier said than done Oldwestander, when you have been publicly slagged off and told you are not up to standard and better players are needed, you dont suddenly sit up and think oh well I am good enough after all. Clough has put the boot into his centre backs and now must massage their ego`s, sorry i dont think that is going to work, but I could be wrong and hope I am, because we dont want to go down the Coughlan road again.

I think it is simple you are good enough, or you are not, Clough has shown faith in these players by bringing them in, and we know confidence is key.
Clough has been around professional footballers since he could walk, i would think he knows what makes them tick, me i havent a clue
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:37 am

bear 73 wrote:
garlic wrote:Easier said than done Oldwestander, when you have been publicly slagged off and told you are not up to standard and better players are needed, you dont suddenly sit up and think oh well I am good enough after all. Clough has put the boot into his centre backs and now must massage their ego`s, sorry i dont think that is going to work, but I could be wrong and hope I am, because we dont want to go down the Coughlan road again.

I think it is simple you are good enough, or you are not, Clough has shown faith in these players by bringing them in, and we know confidence is key.
Clough has been around professional footballers since he could walk, i would think he knows what makes them tick, me i havent a clue

Haven’t a clue? Welcome aboard you have passed the Stagsnet intelligence test. I have been that way for years as have most on here :lol:

Just enjoy the highs and lows. It’s all we can do.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:19 pm

Rob wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

It is, but is Yorkie really going to sit back :lol:

Harsh mate lol, i’ll let you know at 17:00hrs ;)
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:37 pm

And I'll know by 3.05pm I suspect :lol:
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager