{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

3 New signings and 1 bid turned down

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: 3 New signings and 1 bid turned down

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:24 am

The One wrote:Just watched Nartey video, impressed. Clear that the Prem league players had media training.

I believe he's privately educated, so it may be nothing to do with any media training.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:28 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:Just watched Nartey video, impressed. Clear that the Prem league players had media training.

I believe he's privately educated, so it may be nothing to do with any media training.

Listening to Boris Johnson talk it might have nothing to with him being privately educated either...
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:30 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

What does being privately educated have to do with anything?
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:31 am

Means he's a posh raspberry
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:33 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

If he was educated at a mere state school he'd barely be able to form a sentence :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:37 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Means he's a posh raspberry

posh nosh university raspberry as gibbo would say
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:32 pm

Here we go
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:45 pm

James wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Listening to Boris Johnson talk it might have nothing to with him being privately educated either...

Very true :lol:

I read an article about him putting real importance on his education, that’s the only reason I mentioned it, he’s clearly proud of the educations he’s had.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:55 pm

Hopefully he will be Nasty Nartey and not Naughty Nartey :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:46 pm

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

If he was educated at a mere state school he'd barely be able to form a sentence :lol:

Nartey went school rich people, us state no write stuff well.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:45 pm

bear 73 wrote:Financially to get quality players , loans are the only way lower league clubs can do it, where the parent club are willing to still pay part of a players wages.
This is normally a young player on the first team fringes, one is from the Championship having played at that level, the other from the premier league having been on their bench,
Nartey i have seen and he impressed me, certainly they play in the area we need to strengthen

We've had quality players here before and not just on loan. Loans are not the only way what a daft comment.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:01 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I went to Sherwood Hall, I don't think it was a private school, in fact for a while I thought it was a Fire Brigade training centre, or was that Garra :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:29 pm

Rob wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I went to Sherwood Hall, I don't think it was a private school, in fact for a while I thought it was a Fire Brigade training centre, or was that Garra :lol:

Three fires at Gara.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:40 pm

I know the saying used to be "Red sky at night, Gara's on fire".

I don't think that was a private school either :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:41 pm

Rob wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Did they ever get the teacher that did that :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Staggyfox » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:58 pm

Is that what the pool was for at Garabaldi…..a holding tank of water for the fire brigade?
Anywayz I woz at Selston skool. A couple of doors had ‘Private’ on them….does that count?
Staggyfox
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stoney » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:04 pm

Impressed by Narteys interview. He speaks very well.

I love the fact that he actually asked Clough if he could come to Mansfield. He really wants to be here. I think it'll be prove to be a class signing.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:05 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Financially to get quality players , loans are the only way lower league clubs can do it, where the parent club are willing to still pay part of a players wages.
This is normally a young player on the first team fringes, one is from the Championship having played at that level, the other from the premier league having been on their bench,
Nartey i have seen and he impressed me, certainly they play in the area we need to strengthen

We've had quality players here before and not just on loan. Loans are not the only way what a daft comment.

Quality Lee Angol made it to league 1 level and the figure Mansfield town paid said undisclosed, , but i am willing to believe your figure of £300-000, and would believe Steve Evans would pay it , perhaps i would be wiser if i understood your definition of quality
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:17 pm

Bear - John Radford attended a Stags Fans United Fans Forum in September 2017 and told the fans that the club had paid Peterborough "at least" £300,000 for Lee Angol and Hayden White.

https://stagsfansunited.blogspot.com/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:23 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Quality Lee Angol made it to league 1 level and the figure Mansfield town paid said undisclosed, , but i am willing to believe your figure of £300-000, and would believe Steve Evans would pay it , perhaps i would be wiser if i understood your definition of quality

Quality... a player that makes an impact, does well, scores goals, goes to a higher league... its got naff all to do with how much you pay for someone.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:48 pm

Rob wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I’ll see your Sherwood Hall and raise you a Shirebrook Comp :)
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:22 pm

I don't think that was a private school either belly :lol:

Speaking of which, is Rodney school still around, we used to play them at cricket, could never understand what they were saying!

Anyway, sorry for going off topic.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:27 pm

Staggyfox wrote:Is that what the pool was for at Garabaldi…..a holding tank of water for the fire brigade?
Anywayz I woz at Selston skool. A couple of doors had ‘Private’ on them….does that count?

I went Forest View Woodhus, so good it was approved :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:50 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Quality... a player that makes an impact, does well, scores goals, goes to a higher league... its got naff all to do with how much you pay for someone.

Quality for you is someone who does well at their level, moving onto a higher league, , , And looking at the summer transfers some clubs have paid out a small fortune to get their man, Sancho to Man utd £85 million, im not going down that road, quality players and money go hand in hand.
Mansfield would not have got Nartey or Forrester if they had to pay transfer fees, and i doubt they will pay their full wages, .
No problem Quality means Something measured against other things of a similar kind,, so league 2, and league 1, are similar, Championship and Premier league different level.
and international football also a different level, so i take quality from the E-F-L, and you are correct a similar kind is lower league football
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:06 pm

Rob wrote:Is Rodney school still around?

Sadly the school closed down in 2006. After the Rodney School’s departure, the hall again lay empty until another school, Wings – which provides education for children who cannot attend mainstream schools – moved in, and they remain the current custodians.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum