{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Never been more confident

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Never been more confident

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:31 am

I won't quote because the posts are getting a bit long with all the quotes

Sedgwick, I don't dispute any of that. A manager can ask a player to play differently to how they are used to, alot of players go along with it because they want to play and/or get paid more when they are playing.

I could ask you to build me a house from start to finish. Doesn't mean you will do a good job of it (I don't know where you work, probably in construction now I've said that :lol:) or will be a high standard.

Do you honestly hand on heart believe Gordon is performing to a good enough standard in the role he's being asked to play? That's my beef, he's just not. Riding the uplift we got from appointing Clough and having no win to suddenly doing well he was fine. But then the honeymoon period popped after the Bolton game and we struggled. Gordon struggled, he made big mistakes and looked lost on how to correct them. This season he's not been great again, he has improved slightly since the back end of last season, but only slightly, in my opinion.

Sedgwick, I feel we have the same or very similar view on positions and roles, just differ on whether a player can pull it off or not.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Re: Never been more confident

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:37 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I won't quote because the posts are getting a bit long with all the quotes

Sedgwick, I don't dispute any of that. A manager can ask a player to play differently to how they are used to, alot of players go along with it because they want to play and/or get paid more when they are playing.

I could ask you to build me a house from start to finish. Doesn't mean you will do a good job of it (I don't know where you work, probably in construction now I've said that :lol:) or will be a high standard.

Do you honestly hand on heart believe Gordon is performing to a good enough standard in the role he's being asked to play? That's my beef, he's just not. Riding the uplift we got from appointing Clough and having no win to suddenly doing well he was fine. But then the honeymoon period popped after the Bolton game and we struggled. Gordon struggled, he made big mistakes and looked lost on how to correct them. This season he's not been great again, he has improved slightly since the back end of last season, but only slightly, in my opinion.

Sedgwick, I feel we have the same or very similar view on positions and roles, just differ on whether a player can pull it off or not.

Not just Gordon though is it. Several '5 out of 10s' recently. Even from our world beating 'best midfield ever'.

Player of the season for me so far probably been Hawkins by a significant stretch. After that, they're all pretty even contenders.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum