{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Never been more confident

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Never been more confident

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:02 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Field Mill wrote:It hasn't aged well and we have to accept that. Me in particular as I posted it!
I still have every faith in NC and his staff though. I don't agree with some of the faith he places in certain players however and I'd like to think that the squad will develop with arrivals and departures.
The defence has been a horror show due to a combination of reasons but I'm thinking now that we should dig in, get as many points as we can, and re assess the situation after the January window.
We've got this.
We'll finish 23rd.

Fixed that for you

Is that what all the Cheaterfield fans are hoping for ? :roll:

Errrm yeah id of thought so?
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:56 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Field Mill wrote:It hasn't aged well and we have to accept that. Me in particular as I posted it!
I still have every faith in NC and his staff though. I don't agree with some of the faith he places in certain players however and I'd like to think that the squad will develop with arrivals and departures.
The defence has been a horror show due to a combination of reasons but I'm thinking now that we should dig in, get as many points as we can, and re assess the situation after the January window.
We've got this.
We'll finish 23rd.

Fixed that for you

Bet you a hundred quid we don’t finish 23rd. All wind and piss aren’t you

Ridiculous one sided bet :lol:

I get 23rd & 24th you get the other 22 for £100...no thanks.

You’re the one chunterring. You’re the one saying where we will finish. I just think you’re talking ball hocks. Didn’t think you had it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:24 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
We've got this.
We'll finish 23rd.

Fixed that for you

Bet you a hundred quid we don’t finish 23rd. All wind and piss aren’t you

Ridiculous one sided bet :lol:

I get 23rd & 24th you get the other 22 for £100...no thanks.

You’re the one chunterring. You’re the one saying where we will finish. I just think you’re talking ball hocks. Didn’t think you had it.

Just my opinion on what ive seen so far... Will be alot closer to 23rd than 3rd... Dunno if we can turn that into a bet? :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby chip63 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:24 pm

All money to charity if we finish 13th :D
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Anywhere other than the top seven and its another wasted season, in a long list of wasted seasons. Just wish we could do a Flitcroft "failure"season, every now and again.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:51 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Anywhere other than the top seven and its another wasted season, in a long list of wasted seasons. Just wish we could do a Flitcroft "failure"season, every now and again.

Indeed. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35707&p=774390#p774390
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:59 pm

Dan wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Anywhere other than the top seven and its another wasted season, in a long list of wasted seasons. Just wish we could do a Flitcroft "failure"season, every now and again.

Indeed. https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtop ... 90#p774390

Christ what a refresher... always had his sacking down to being the wrong decision, I was fuming people even thought he should go that quickly after the Newport game, on reflection it was the right decision but needed to be followed up with anyone other than Dempster.

Finishing 4th on the outside looked a great season but how on earth did we not go up automatically with games to spare? I know we had players sat in the stands eating a wage budget, I know White and bobby got injured but we had everything we could need to keep going.

Signing Grant and sending in form elsnik back etc and some of the other January transfers were shocking.

I know were struggling at the minute but I doubt Nigel will spend even close to what Flitcroft had and still get it right with time.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:10 pm

Elsnik was recalled because we wouldn't buy him, we didn't send him back, we had to replace him. We lost Rose to injury too, he broke his jaw if I remember correctly.

You deserve nothing until its a mathematical certainty.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:

Christ what a refresher... always had his sacking down to being the wrong decision, I was fuming people even thought he should go that quickly after the Newport game, on reflection it was the right decision but needed to be followed up with anyone other than Dempster.

Finishing 4th on the outside looked a great season but how on earth did we not go up automatically with games to spare? I know we had players sat in the stands eating a wage budget, I know White and bobby got injured but we had everything we could need to keep going.

Signing Grant and sending in form elsnik back etc and some of the other January transfers were shocking.

I know were struggling at the minute but I doubt Nigel will spend even close to what Flitcroft had and still get it right with time.

It’s an entertaining thread that’s for sure.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:29 pm

The lower your ambitions, the happier you will be.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:31 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Elsnik was recalled because we wouldn't buy him, we didn't send him back, we had to replace him. We lost Rose to injury too, he broke his jaw if I remember correctly.

We signed Grant and Ajose, Left Timi out in the 1-0 defeat to Crawley then WE terminated the loan.

Flitcroft knew he could sign Elsnik for a small fee in Jan, JR was happy with it apparently because he'd been impressed with him - why loose out to other clubs higher up that might offer him something in the summer? Derby were pushing for this because they knew they'd get nothing in the summer for him when he was out of contract, the club were happy to pay a small fee but the manager went with Grant who he thought was the better player.

Poor from Derby, should have just left him here and not tried to threaten recalling him unless we paid for him.. but it was a small fee we were happy with. They then had to send him on loan again because they didn't want to pay his wages and released him in the summer.. couldn't really make it up :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:32 pm

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:

Might look through the MK Dons one :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:34 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:

Indeed. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35707&p=774390#p774390

Might look through the MK Dons one :lol:

:D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:44 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Elsnik was recalled because we wouldn't buy him, we didn't send him back, we had to replace him. We lost Rose to injury too, he broke his jaw if I remember correctly.

We signed Grant and Ajose, Left Timi out in the 1-0 defeat to Crawley then WE terminated the loan.

Flitcroft knew he could sign Elsnik for a small fee in Jan, JR was happy with it apparently because he'd been impressed with him - why loose out to other clubs higher up that might offer him something in the summer? Derby were pushing for this because they knew they'd get nothing in the summer for him when he was out of contract, the club were happy to pay a small fee but the manager went with Grant who he thought was the better player.

Poor from Derby, should have just left him here and not tried to threaten recalling him unless we paid for him.. but it was a small fee we were happy with. They then had to send him on loan again because they didn't want to pay his wages and released him in the summer.. couldn't really make it up :lol:

https://www.derbycounty.news/news/timi- ... g-him/amp/

I'm just going on what the player himself said, one of the parties involved. I'd expect him to know more about it than gossip. Look at Gordon, he said he's a wingback/winger. He lied he's actually a right back, apparently.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:50 pm

What amuses me is that people slag Evans off for his ‘deadwood’ that DF was left with yet DF signed Nicky Ajose and nothing is said :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:55 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I'm just going on what the player himself said, one of the parties involved. I'd expect him to know more about it than gossip. Look at Gordon, he said he's a wingback/winger. He lied he's actually a right back, apparently.

Basically backs up exactly what Ive said, other than Flitcroft having the go ahead to sign him if he wanted to.

Also a wingback and a Right back are the same thing, just one has cover when they bomb forward... If you can play as a wingback you can certainly play as a right back.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

History has proven Grant is the better player. Sadly he didn't do it for us. I agree we should have kept Elsnik. However, had Grant performed for us like he has for Lincoln we would have finished as champions. Just shows you every signing is a gamble.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:16 pm

Dan wrote:What amuses me is that people slag Evans off for his ‘deadwood’ that DF was left with yet DF signed Nicky Ajose and nothing is said :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is slagged off more for abandoning the job and relocating in "China". :lol:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Dan wrote:What amuses me is that people slag Evans off for his ‘deadwood’ that DF was left with yet DF signed Nicky Ajose and nothing is said :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dempster wasn't left with him on the books, he was a loan in January. He was a poor signing though. Still got 4th though ;)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:38 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Basically backs up exactly what Ive said, other than Flitcroft having the go ahead to sign him if he wanted to.

Also a wingback and a Right back are the same thing, just one has cover when they bomb forward... If you can play as a wingback you can certainly play as a right back.

Clearly ;)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:39 pm

hahahah agreed there, Kellan could probably master that position in the league below. Now O'Keefe I fully believe he could play either and do well
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:00 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

Dempster wasn't left with him on the books, he was a loan in January. He was a poor signing though. Still got 4th though ;)

For another poor/bang average signing. What about Gethin Jones?

Also the strange decision to play Alex MacDonald at RWB.

You assume I'm thinking DF is some unfallable god. No he was a manager who did really well over a season and got us higher than we have for nearly 2 decades and should have been given another season. I had to defend that view and now I'm some sort of lovesick teenager. Fact is Dempster wasn't the right choice, neither was Coughlan and Clough is having a tough time of it at present but I'd like to think he will come good.

The question for me is: why should Clough get more time? He's never got promoted out of this league and in professional football leagues got one promotion as manager on his cv, albeit a promotion to the championship. How would he know how to get out of this league?

I'm nearly always an advocate of giving managers time, Dempster and Coughlan were exceptions, Dempster had the team knackered after 60 minutes and picking up so many cards, Coughlan improved us a tad but then went without a win for alot of games with ko sign of improvement. Clough has improved out attacking play in my opinion just the defence is a shambles, not helped by injuries. So I'm not after him being sacked.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:20 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

4th, 22nd, still ended up the same.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:43 pm

1 is a hell of alot closer to promotion than the other.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:59 pm

Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

4th, 22nd, still ended up the same.
22nd is a sackable offence, whilst 4th............ oh hang on a minute :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum