{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New scoreboard?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New scoreboard?

Postby Vice President » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:18 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Vice President wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) I think it should be all standing , but a stand like this with amber and blue seats would be good :)

This would be fine . I wonder how much this would cost? Perhaps Steve Hymas' building contractors could help build this at 'mates rates' and he could have the stand named after him. :)

It's very non league isn't it

Not as non league as the current pile of rubble, with its 2 broken scoreboards & shanty town TV gantry.

If somat's built then it has to be something befitting the rest if t'stadium for years to come, that isn't.

Unfortunately there isn't the space to build anything much bigger than that. So until the houses are redeveloped (and that might not happen in our lifetime) - it's either a small modern stand running the length of the pitch, or the awful, useless, embarrassing, derelict eyesore that we currently have.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:27 am

:) What you got to think about is the length and height of a new stand because council would take this into account.

Blocking off light to Bishop street and Lord street etc .
Residents are bound to complain to any new planning applications :?:

:) Some 20.000 small stadium pictures here

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/470415123554054694/
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby jonnym150281 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:32 am

Definitely need this scoreboard sooner rather than later, we have a little clock on the top of the Bishop Street stand, just left guessing how long is left, it's a must for a football league club, surely a basic one doesn't cost all that much! Alot of grounds have one each end at the top of the stands.
jonnym150281
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby jonnym150281 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:36 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Simply put, the scoreboard makes the Bishop Street eyesore even worse, and reflects really badly on the club.

The whole stand needs redeveloping and the infrastructure to support an up-to-date scoreboard being integral to that.

The whole thing is a laughing stock and has been for years. I don't know what Radford's waiting for. Prepare for L1 and above by building it now, not waiting until we can't do without it to think about redevelopment.

What's the point in spending money on developing a stand that we don't need ?
Average attendance in L1 over the last 5 full seasons was between 7,500 and 8,500 so apart from the odd game our current capacity is more than adequate.
Great strides have been made in the infrastructure of the club in an attempt to make it more self-sustainable and you now want to saddle it with the expense/debt of demolishing and rebuilding an unrequired stand.
All it will do is spread the existing crowd out further and increase the matchday cost to the club as additional staff and stewards would be required.
I am sure JR will do something with it when it is needed, but now is not the time.

A small stand with 1000 or 1500 would look a hell of a lot better than what's there now.
jonnym150281
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:55 pm

A steaming pile of dog turd, placed centrally on a bare patch of tarmac, would look better than what we have now.

When so much of the club is so good, the Bishop and the broken scoreboard is embarrassing.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:07 pm

If the club wanted to increase the capacity of the ground would completing the QLE & North Stands be cheaper than a new Bishop St?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:47 pm

Sneag wrote:If the club wanted to increase the capacity of the ground would completing the QLE & North Stands be cheaper than a new Bishop St?

It probably would be cheaper (and could possibly just extend the 'away' stand, if it the only requirement is extra seats for the big games).
But we would still be left with a horrible looking 3 sided ground. It's as much of (if not more) a question of aesthetics too.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:25 pm

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:41 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

but will it work ?, that’s the question
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:49 pm

Sounds very good!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:03 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

No they're installing a broken one mate
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:23 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

To be fair To Yorkie, they did install a broken one last time ;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:24 pm

:lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Sounds very good!

Does indeed!

But

Would like to know the cost.. and if it will all have to come down and be moved in bishop street is ever touched.

Adi digiboards can cost a hell of a lot! although the perimeter boards do look smart, I think FGR have them now.

Will it be positioned somewhere that makes sense, the current one is daft
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:34 pm

Beano wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

correct :D
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:47 pm

Can't we sell the old one to Chesterfield. Didn't it used to be at Wembley or something? I'm sure they'll get suckered I to paying a few million for it. Maybe accept a trade deal for their manager, he can manager the matchday operation of the scoreboard.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Beano wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

I think the key word here is NEW. The existing scoreboard wasn’t new and wasn’t built to be that shape originally. JR has said publically that it was the worst money he has ever spent.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby halifaxstag » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:32 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Sounds very good!

Does indeed!

But

Would like to know the cost.. and if it will all have to come down and be moved in bishop street is ever touched.

Adi digiboards can cost a hell of a lot! although the perimeter boards do look smart, I think FGR have them now.

Will it be positioned somewhere that makes sense, the current one is daft

Why are you concerning yourself with the cost and movability? After the disaster of the current screen I am sure David Sharpe has done a full cost analysis along with the benefits it might bring on top of advertising revenue.
Personally I think the current position of the screen is okay. It can be seen from the West Stand and QLE and the ADI screens are less susceptible to the effect of sunshine. It might even be visible to away fans.
Agree with you that it sounds like a good move.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby west country stag » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:39 am

Needs to be on a smaller scale than the old relic
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:04 am

We've actually got 2 defunct scoreboards. One either side of the bishop. Total joke of a side.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:21 pm

Has anyone suggested losing the first day six rows of west stand lower, moving the pitch up to this point, thus allowing a decent sized single storey stand over Bishop street stand with exec boxes or even a small two tier stand. Get the changing rooms in there, dug outs incorporated to the stand, then the quarry lane end changing rooms can be a bigger shop, or even a bar or any other purpose.
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby west country stag » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:30 pm

StagsFan83 wrote:Has anyone suggested losing the first day six rows of west stand lower, moving the pitch up to this point, thus allowing a decent sized single storey stand over Bishop street stand with exec boxes or even a small two tier stand. Get the changing rooms in there, dug outs incorporated to the stand, then the quarry lane end changing rooms can be a bigger shop, or even a bar or any other purpose.

Haslam should have had the ground moved away from the Bish , but he was a tight fisted get !!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:42 pm

StagsFan83 wrote:Has anyone suggested losing the first day six rows of west stand lower, moving the pitch up to this point, thus allowing a decent sized single storey stand over Bishop street stand with exec boxes or even a small two tier stand. Get the changing rooms in there, dug outs incorporated to the stand, then the quarry lane end changing rooms can be a bigger shop, or even a bar or any other purpose.

Aren't there only about 3 rows in front of where the tunnels come through into the West Stand Lower ? Also, this would impact on the disabled areas in Blocks C and F.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:17 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

Aren't there only about 3 rows in front of where the tunnels come through into the West Stand Lower ? Also, this would impact on the disabled areas in Blocks C and F.

Either way, to fit in a decent sized stand at Bishop st. we will have to move the pitch over towards the West stand. Someone mentioned having to remove several rows in the West stand - but there must be an option without having to remove any rows and just having the stands closer to the pitch.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:50 pm

We could completely remove the WSL, move the dugouts right back (or even built into the underneath of the WSU) maybe build extra rows onto the WSU at the front until they are on top of the dugouts.

Move the pitch across, then build a stand at bishop street end. Probably enough space to fit a stand thats the same seating size as the WSL.

Or for a more radical approach. rotate 90 degrees and move the stadium over the training pitch. I reckon we could fit a stadium there. Build a decent sized stand as close to the scrapyard as possible (with the usual walkway access between it and the scrapyard) build a stand close to the retail park as well. Then the other 2 stands are dictated by the size needed for the pitch. should leave plenty of room where the current stadium is for lots of parking and room for the public walkway and the Gabbitas Gate.

I'd wager the costs would vary wildly between the 2 ideas :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum