{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Squad and admission details for Coventry game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Squad and admission details for Coventry game

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:31 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Squad and admission details for Coventry game

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:36 pm

No Rhys Oates ?
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:36 pm

Bowery centre back again?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:42 pm

That’s frustrating.

Suppose it further highlights how we need another defender bringing in. 10 days later and we’d have been in bother for the opening game, lucky it’s come now.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:43 pm

It’s a pity the club didn’t give more notice that tickets aren’t available on the day. An announcement only a few hours before the ticket office closes was not helpful.

I’ve had a quick look back on the official site and can’t find any previous message about tickets.

Sorry just found it on 15/07. Would still have helped with a reminder over the weekend.
Last edited by Sandy Pate Best Stag on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:49 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It’s a pity the club didn’t give more notice that tickets aren’t available on the day. An announcement only a few hours before the ticket office closes was not helpful.

I’ve had a quick look back on the official site and can’t find any previous message about tickets.

Do they give a reason you can't buy "walk up" on the day tickets, seeing as there won't be many there?

I won't know until late tomorrow if ill be able to go or not (well I do now :lol: )
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:54 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It’s a pity the club didn’t give more notice that tickets aren’t available on the day. An announcement only a few hours before the ticket office closes was not helpful.

Do they give a reason you can't buy "walk up" on the day tickets, seeing as there won't be many there?

I won't know until late tomorrow if ill be able to go or not (well I do now :lol: )

Coventry fans can buy tickets from stagstickets.co.uk on the day of the game.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/tickets-mansfield-town-tickets-on-sale-now/

KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:59 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/tickets-mansfield-town-tickets-on-sale-now/

Oooooo rub it in why don't you :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:01 pm

Sorry just found it on 15/07. Would still have helped with a reminder over the weekend.

You can still purchase online until midnight I believe.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
KirkbyStag2 wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

I'd try stagstickets tomorrow, I'd be surprised if you can't get a home ticket when away fans can.

KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:04 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

You can still purchase online until midnight I believe.

Thanks Mussy
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:05 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
KirkbyStag2 wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

I'd try stagstickets tomorrow, I'd be surprised if you can't get a home ticket when away fans can.

Will do
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:08 pm

just to be clear, it was announced from the outset when tickets first went on sale that they would not be available on the day of the game.
https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/t ... ty-3308494
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby lifestags » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:14 pm

I kind of get tickets not being available close to kick off but thought the club office should still be selling them, at least until 5pm.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:17 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

just to be clear, it was announced from the outset when tickets first went on sale that they would not be available on the day of the game.

I don’t read the Chad Martin, it’s not worth the cover price.

I maybe should have anticipated this but with pay on the day available at a premium for league games it never occurred to me they wouldn’t be for a friendly. It doesn’t exactly encourage the casual supporters to take in a game at short notice but maybe the club doesn’t want the extra money or to grow the fan base.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby frt1987 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:23 pm

Already worrying about the injuries we seem to be picking up

Hewitt, Charsley, Law, Shelvey Rawson Oates all not on squad list

Lapslie is on but missed Hull, Gordon also hobbled off v Hull
Last edited by frt1987 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:36 pm

frt1987 wrote:Already worrying about the injuries we seem to be picking up

Lapslie is on but missed York, Gordon also hobbled off v York

Hewitt is ill, so shouldn’t be anything to worry about long term. Shelvey had felt his thigh previously in the Grimsby came so probably no risks being take.

There doesn’t seem to be any injury issues with Rawson, he’s presumably been left out given how much he played at the weekend. Oates missed the start of pre-season so again perhaps just watching minutes.

It’s worth saying that these squad lots haven’t been very accurate so far either so wouldn’t be surprised if players turned up who weren’t on the list.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:38 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I don’t read the Chad Martin, it’s not worth the cover price.

I maybe should have anticipated this but with pay on the day available at a premium for league games it never occurred to me they wouldn’t be for a friendly. It doesn’t exactly encourage the casual supporters to take in a game at short notice but maybe the club doesn’t want the extra money or to grow the fan base.

I only posted the CHAD link as an example. It was exactly the same on the official club website, and everywhere that announced the tickets were on sale.

I presume that the all-ticket nature of the game, and hence no tickets available on the day, is Covid related.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:40 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
frt1987 wrote:Already worrying about the injuries we seem to be picking up

Lapslie is on but missed York, Gordon also hobbled off v York

Hewitt is ill, so shouldn’t be anything to worry about long term. Shelvey had felt his thigh previously in the Grimsby came so probably no risks being take.

There doesn’t seem to be any injury issues with Rawson, he’s presumably been left out given how much he played at the weekend. Oates missed the start of pre-season so again perhaps just watching minutes.

It’s worth saying that these squad lots haven’t been very accurate so far either so wouldn’t be surprised if players turned up who weren’t on the list.

I concur with Musings on this. I don't see it as worrying. It is a shame that we had 7 players isolating for such a long period, but most clubs are in the same boat with regards to this sort of thing.

Clough told me Gordon hobbling off at Hull was not anything to worry about, as I said in my report.

We do need to hope that Hewitt's illness is not Covid as he would have to isolate and could have complications.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:28 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:47 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:Coventry fans can buy tickets from stagstickets.co.uk on the day of the game.

The ccfc.co.uk article says:
"It will be an all-ticket game, meaning fans will not be able to buy on the day."

I didn't see it earlier so I don't know if they have now amended it. But it is now clear, no tickets on the day of the game.

Incidentally, the same for their game away at Cheltenham.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:05 pm

now will be onsale tomorrow online

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:24 pm

Surely the no purchase on the day from the ticket office is to stop Coventry fans coming up early and buying tickets in the home end.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:33 pm

part time pete wrote:Surely the no purchase on the day from the ticket office is to stop Coventry fans coming up early and buying tickets in the home end.

the Coventry fans are asked on their website to buy them in the North Stand on stagstickets.co.uk, but I don't see anything that physically stops them choosing to buy them in the West Stand.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Vice President » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:44 pm

The squad for this game highlights the urgency for another central defender.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum