{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Scorefred, Tuesday is a new beginning

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Scorefred, Tuesday is a new beginning

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:53 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Well if it pings you, get tested, negative then you're ok, positive do as the app says... simple

Also re the above:

Sooner the better... Its a virus that kills people older then the average age of death in the uk and has a less than 1% of killing anyone anyway and society has collapsed over it, its especially made people flipping weird.

The hospitals are fine, Most who need It are now vaccinated, cases are rising but deaths nor hospitalisations aren't... just like many other things we live with. I just think the government have missed an opportunity to promote healthy lifestyles.

What an absolute crock of raspberries !!

It kills people of all ages, but the average age is high as older people are more susceptible. Do older people not matter to you ? They have had their time so stuff them ?
20% of covid deaths in the UK in June 2021 were under 60.

Society has 'collapsed' as you put it, because we have tried to protect people from a highly contagious disease . We will learn to live with it but we have to get it under control first and it is out of control again at the moment as restrictions were released too soon before we had enough of the adult population vaccinated.

It's not just about deaths - what about long covid ? What about people who are being left with lifelong organ damage ? Is that acceptable ?

Hospitalisations are rising - they have doubled in the last 2 weeks. Case numbers are doubling every 2 weeks and hospitalisations are following suit but with a 2-4 week lag as it takes a while for the virus to take hold to that extent.

Hospitals are not fine - try looking at social media posts from people who are working in the hospitals - some in the areas of higher case numbers are already at breaking point and it is getting worse.

Sorry. Not having that. Your stat that 20pc of deaths were under 60 is utterly without context. How many of the other deaths of over 60s were vaccinated. How is the actual number a comparison of deaths before vaccinations started ? You also allude that hospitalisations are rising at the same rate as infections. Not having that. Compare the second wave in January to this one. The hospitalisations and deaths are a magnitude lower. Have you factored in issues with mental health? The economy ? The cold hard fact is that we are going to have to live with this. The sooner we crack on the better. Personally, my behaviour won’t change a bit. But that’s my choice. I’ll stay away from people while out. Masks aren’t the panacea that are being made out. Stay away from others if you don’t want it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:30 am

Please use the news and politics forum if you want to discuss the prime minister, the virus, vaccinations. Thank you.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:53 am

Martin Shaw wrote:Please use the news and politics forum if you want to discuss the prime minister, the virus, vaccinations. Thank you.

Surely it is of some relevance to this forum when somebody has been 'pinged' from attending a Stags game ?
If we go into another lockdown in 5-6 weeks time and can't watch football will we be allowed to discuss it then ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:00 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Please use the news and politics forum if you want to discuss the prime minister, the virus, vaccinations. Thank you.

Surely it is of some relevance to this forum when somebody has been 'pinged' from attending a Stags game ?
If we go into another lockdown in 5-6 weeks time and can't watch football will we be allowed to discuss it then ?

yes, the initial posts discussing people being pinged at the Retford game were of relevance. The subsequent ones discussing the prime minister, vaccinations etc etc - please use the news and politics forum.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:16 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

yes, the initial posts discussing people being pinged at the Retford game were of relevance. The subsequent ones discussing the prime minister, vaccinations etc etc - please use the news and politics forum.

Agreed to some extent, but then we had people encouraging others to delete the app and ignore the requests to self isolate.
I am happy to see this posted on the main forum as it makes the decision to keep my season ticket in my drawer for the foreseeable future so much easier.
I would love to be back at Field Mill watching the Stags, but I am not prepared to put myself or my family at risk by sitting surrounded by people who are happy to ignore the basic guidance.
So much for relying on people's personal responsibility and respect for other people.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:00 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Well if it pings you, get tested, negative then you're ok, positive do as the app says... simple

Also re the above:

Sooner the better... Its a virus that kills people older then the average age of death in the uk and has a less than 1% of killing anyone anyway and society has collapsed over it, its especially made people flipping weird.

The hospitals are fine, Most who need It are now vaccinated, cases are rising but deaths nor hospitalisations aren't... just like many other things we live with. I just think the government have missed an opportunity to promote healthy lifestyles.

It kills people of all ages, but the average age is high as older people are more susceptible. Do older people not matter to you ? They have had their time so stuff them ?

Society has 'collapsed' as you put it, because we have tried to protect people from a highly contagious disease . We will learn to live with it but we have to get it under control first and it is out of control again at the moment as restrictions were released too soon before we had enough of the adult population vaccinated.

It's not just about deaths - what about long covid ? What about people who are being left with lifelong organ damage ? Is that acceptable ?

Hospitalisations are rising - they have doubled in the last 2 weeks. Case numbers are doubling every 2 weeks and hospitalisations are following suit but with a 2-4 week lag as it takes a while for the virus to take hold to that extent.

Hospitals are not fine - try looking at social media posts from people who are working in the hospitals - some in the areas of higher case numbers are already at breaking point and it is getting worse.

Sorry. Not having that. Your stat that 20pc of deaths were under 60 is utterly without context. How many of the other deaths of over 60s were vaccinated. How is the actual number a comparison of deaths before vaccinations started ? You also allude that hospitalisations are rising at the same rate as infections. Not having that. Compare the second wave in January to this one. The hospitalisations and deaths are a magnitude lower. Have you factored in issues with mental health? The economy ? The cold hard fact is that we are going to have to live with this. The sooner we crack on the better. Personally, my behaviour won’t change a bit. But that’s my choice. I’ll stay away from people while out. Masks aren’t the panacea that are being made out. Stay away from others if you don’t want it.

So you won't be wearing a mask at all? You do realise wearing a mask is for the benefit of others, not you?

I will be going to the games, like many I've had both jabs and with it being outdoors the risk is lower. However, for the safety of others I'll be wearing a mask indoors, not just because I'm an ugly xxxx but because I might have the virus with no symptoms and masks are proven to help reduce the spread. I believe all responsible people will do the same.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:07 am

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

Also re the above:

So you won't be wearing a mask at all? You do realise wearing a mask is for the benefit of others, not you?

I will be going to the games, like many I've had both jabs and with it being outdoors the risk is lower. However, for the safety of others I'll be wearing a mask indoors, not just because I'm an ugly xxxx but because I might have the virus with no symptoms and masks are proven to help reduce the spread. I believe all responsible people will do the same.

Interesting last sentence Rob. Now take a look at the fans gallery in the Matlock thread. Pre-match info, signs at the ground, and announcements over the PA stating that "masks must be worn in the stands".
We must be very unhealthy in Mansfield because there are appear to be a lot of people with medical exemptions !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:13 am

Ain’t wearing mine.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:38 pm

I'll be wearing mine.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:50 pm

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

Also re the above:

“Personally my behaviour won’t change one bit”. Did you miss that. I won’t change my opinion on masks but I will wear one, mainly to give some confidence to others that I’m taking the pandemic seriously. But the fact is that masks give limited protection to people. I read an article yesterday that the Covid particles are 500 times smaller than the holes in a mask. But as I said, as part of the greater good, I’ll wear one where appropriate

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:02 pm

Fair enough I misunderstood, I thought you were saying masks were of no benefit so hadn't been wearing one. Scientists do agree that masks of any kind do have some effect in reducing the spread so clearly the unselfish thing to do is to wear masks indoors. Given the huge increase in cases it should still be a legal requirement as for every person like you or I there is a marker_mtfc95. If cases keep rising we will soon be locked out of the Mill again so each of us should at least continue to do what we can to mitigate the risk. It's not hard.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:39 pm

Rob wrote:Fair enough I misunderstood, I thought you were saying masks were of no benefit so hadn't been wearing one. Scientists do agree that masks of any kind do have some effect in reducing the spread so clearly the unselfish thing to do is to wear masks indoors. Given the huge increase in cases it should still be a legal requirement as for every person like you or I there is a marker_mtfc95. If cases keep rising we will soon be locked out of the Mill again so each of us should at least continue to do what we can to mitigate the risk. It's not hard.

Yep I understand that and that is why my personal behaviour will not change. I stay clear of people and that isn’t going to change. Think the only change I’ll make is that I’ll start shaking friends hands again but I’ll have a quick dab of disinfectant after. Got a small bottles that I carry round.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Rob wrote:Fair enough I misunderstood, I thought you were saying masks were of no benefit so hadn't been wearing one. Scientists do agree that masks of any kind do have some effect in reducing the spread so clearly the unselfish thing to do is to wear masks indoors. Given the huge increase in cases it should still be a legal requirement as for every person like you or I there is a marker_mtfc95. If cases keep rising we will soon be locked out of the Mill again so each of us should at least continue to do what we can to mitigate the risk. It's not hard.

At the end of day it comes down to personal choice, I am not against anyone wearing a mask, but either way we have to get back to normal at some point, not just that but government changes its mind, like the weather. :D
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:49 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:

At the end of day it comes down to personal choice, I am not against anyone wearing a mask, but either way we have to get back to normal at some point, not just that but government changes its mind, like the weather. :D

You’ll be in trouble now :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:58 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:

That's true but as I said, wearing a mask is benefitting others. This is Stags and football related because we all can't wait to get back to the stadium so we should really do all we can to stop it closing again, wearing a mask in supermarkets and public transport isn't much to ask to help suppress the really high infection rate.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:21 pm

How many won't go to the Stags because of no masks required?
The concourse should be compulsory, in the stands I don't think so, though I would wear one if I couldn't find space.
Season ticket holders are probably going to be in the most congested seats but there's nothing to stop them moving if they don't feel safe.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby groundhoppingstag » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:27 pm

chip63 wrote:How many won't go to the Stags because of no masks required?
The concourse should be compulsory, in the stands I don't think so, though I would wear one if I couldn't find space.
Season ticket holders are probably going to be in the most congested seats but there's nothing to stop them moving if they don't feel safe.

I don't expect it to be anymore congested than Wembley Way was for the Euro 2020 Final.
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby lifestags » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:29 pm

we do need to take the plunge eventually though, whenever that would of been it would always been weird and for some people scary to go back to ''normal'' I don't think this is ever going to go away.

(I will be wearing masks in the Concourse but not in the ground)
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum