{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Scorefred, Tuesday is a new beginning

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Scorefred, Tuesday is a new beginning

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:04 pm

That's what ya get for not cancelling ya check in unfortunately .....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:22 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:That's what ya get for not cancelling ya check in unfortunately .....

have to say don’t know many people who still have a live app.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:02 pm

StagsFan83 wrote:Which tool tested positive after attending the Retford game! I’ve just been pinged and it works out it’s from Tuesday, the day of the game and apart from football I worked at home that day!

It's a good job players don't have their phones on them while playing.
Can't see Clough having his phone on him but would imagine some managers would, aka Steve Evans.

Hope your negative, good luck.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:49 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:That's what ya get for not cancelling ya check in unfortunately .....

Some places still insist on it on entry.
I check in then cancel it straight after.
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:38 pm

I was sat in the stand near the middle. Think I do need to delete the app! It’s my second ping this month!
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:26 am

StagsFan83 wrote:Which tool tested positive after attending the Retford game! I’ve just been pinged and it works out it’s from Tuesday, the day of the game and apart from football I worked at home that day!

Wow!

Possibly the TOOL of a healthcare worker who was busy saving lives when they got it.
Possibly the TOOL of a teacher who was busy teaching our kids when they got it.
Possibly the TOOL of a shop worker who was busy at work with no option to work from home.

Possibly the TOOL now in hospital on a ventilator.

Just Wow!
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:55 am

Can I clarify. Are you calling someone a tool for getting ill?

What a moronic post and attitude.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:56 am

StagsFan83 wrote:I was sat in the stand near the middle. Think I do need to delete the app! It’s my second ping this month!

Definitely delete it... its not needed, it doesn't work. Its also not a legal requirement to isolate if it tells you to. Get tested if you must then carry on as normal.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:34 am

Sedgwick wrote:
StagsFan83 wrote:I was sat in the stand near the middle. Think I do need to delete the app! It’s my second ping this month!

Definitely delete it... its not needed, it doesn't work. Its also not a legal requirement to isolate if it tells you to. Get tested if you must then carry on as normal.

You can get a knock at your door though, a few people I work with had to isolate and someone came and checked that they were actually isolating

I assume you'll be fined if you're caught not doing it.

Are we just giving up with it all now? I know it's not the worst illness in the world, but from the comments on here some are just pretending its gone away now
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:51 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

You can get a knock at your door though, a few people I work with had to isolate and someone came and checked that they were actually isolating

Are we just giving up with it all now? I know it's not the worst illness in the world, but from the comments on here some are just pretending its gone away now

I suppose if the prime Minister can ignore it then we all can. :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:57 am

Fair comment.
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:13 am

Captain Cunno wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Some places still insist on it on entry.
I check in then cancel it straight after.

If its required on entry just open your camera and take a photo of the QR code... Looks like your scanning in, works everytime cos no one checks :D

Have never had the app personally.. .. Is a nightmare at work atm the amount of 'pingers' is crippling us!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:30 am

Dan wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Literally just read that after I'd posted this. It'll be like the castle Barnard raspberry all over again. When the ones who set the rules don't follow the rules, the general population won't. We'll have new restrictions come end of August/september again I bet. (Apparently they've U-turned and will isolate now even though Johnson and Sunak were selected for a trial). When they say there will be no more lockdowns, restrictions after the 19th no one believes them because of all the U turning

ANYWAY, FOOTBALL!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:41 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Dan wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Literally just read that after I'd posted this. It'll be like the castle Barnard raspberry all over again. When the ones who set the rules don't follow the rules, the general population won't. We'll have new restrictions come end of August/september again I bet. (Apparently they've U-turned and will isolate now even though Johnson and Sunak were selected for a trial). When they say there will be no more lockdowns, restrictions after the 19th no one believes them because of all the U turning

ANYWAY, FOOTBALL!

No one knows because they can’t control the virus and we don’t know what’s round the corner.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:05 pm

If they stop fans attending football matches because of people ignoring advice are you going to feel responsible for your actions.
Your pinged because you've been in close contact to the virus, please think of who you are going to be in contact with in the following week and then think of who they might be in contact with etc...
if your ignoring the pings at least go and get the FREE tests from a chemist and test daily for the week.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Apologies to the two offended posters above, when I said tool I meant it very light heartedly, I’m not angry about a ping!
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:17 pm

StagsFan83 wrote:Apologies to the two offended posters above, when I said tool I meant it very light heartedly, I’m not angry about a ping!

Accepted, but considering what and who some on here have lost, it was in very poor taste.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:58 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

They can turn up and check you're isolating if you tested positive or have returned to the UK from another country.... not if the app tells you to isolate, the app is literally anonymous, they don't know who has it on their phone.. there's no way for them to know either as you don't enter any personal details or ID. Check the Gov website, its not law.

Its time to give up on it, its all nonsense now... time to get on with life and learn live with it like everything else.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:02 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

They can turn up and check you're isolating if you tested positive or have returned to the UK from another country.... not if the app tells you to isolate, the app is literally anonymous, they don't know who has it on their phone.. there's no way for them to know either as you don't enter any personal details or ID. Check the Gov website, its not law.

Its time to give up on it, its all nonsense now... time to get on with life and learn live with it like everything else.

raspberry move in my eyes. Imagine if you did have it and didn't isolate and you ended up going around spreading it when it could've been avoided. Personally I'd feel pretty guilty.

I do believe we'll learn to live with it eventually, but we can't just pretend it's not a thing starting from tomorrow and just going back to 'normal'
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:16 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

raspberry move in my eyes. Imagine if you did have it and didn't isolate and you ended up going around spreading it when it could've been avoided. Personally I'd feel pretty guilty.

I do believe we'll learn to live with it eventually, but we can't just pretend it's not a thing starting from tomorrow and just going back to 'normal'

Well if it pings you, get tested, negative then you're ok, positive do as the app says... simple

Also re the above:

Sooner the better... Its a virus that kills people older then the average age of death in the uk and has a less than 1% of killing anyone anyway and society has collapsed over it, its especially made people flipping weird.

The hospitals are fine, Most who need It are now vaccinated, cases are rising but deaths nor hospitalisations aren't... just like many other things we live with. I just think the government have missed an opportunity to promote healthy lifestyles.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:54 pm

Be interesting to see how many get it from attending silverstone today. 140,000 people there! :shock:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:05 pm

Dan wrote:Be interesting to see how many get it from attending silverstone today. 140,000 people there! :shock:
It's ok ( like the football and tennis ) its a test event. Hmm !
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:33 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:Be interesting to see how many get it from attending silverstone today. 140,000 people there! :shock:
It's ok ( like the football and tennis ) its a test event. Hmm !

Like Hiroshima was a test for Nagasaki.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:24 am

Sedgwick wrote:Well if it pings you, get tested, negative then you're ok, positive do as the app says... simple

Also re the above:

Sooner the better... Its a virus that kills people older then the average age of death in the uk and has a less than 1% of killing anyone anyway and society has collapsed over it, its especially made people flipping weird.

The hospitals are fine, Most who need It are now vaccinated, cases are rising but deaths nor hospitalisations aren't... just like many other things we live with. I just think the government have missed an opportunity to promote healthy lifestyles.

What an absolute crock of raspberries !!

It kills people of all ages, but the average age is high as older people are more susceptible. Do older people not matter to you ? They have had their time so stuff them ?
20% of covid deaths in the UK in June 2021 were under 60.

Society has 'collapsed' as you put it, because we have tried to protect people from a highly contagious disease . We will learn to live with it but we have to get it under control first and it is out of control again at the moment as restrictions were released too soon before we had enough of the adult population vaccinated.

It's not just about deaths - what about long covid ? What about people who are being left with lifelong organ damage ? Is that acceptable ?

Hospitalisations are rising - they have doubled in the last 2 weeks. Case numbers are doubling every 2 weeks and hospitalisations are following suit but with a 2-4 week lag as it takes a while for the virus to take hold to that extent.

Hospitals are not fine - try looking at social media posts from people who are working in the hospitals - some in the areas of higher case numbers are already at breaking point and it is getting worse.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:45 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Well if it pings you, get tested, negative then you're ok, positive do as the app says... simple

Also re the above:

What an absolute crock of raspberries !!

It kills people of all ages, but the average age is high as older people are more susceptible. Do older people not matter to you ? They have had their time so stuff them ?
20% of covid deaths in the UK in June 2021 were under 60.

Society has 'collapsed' as you put it, because we have tried to protect people from a highly contagious disease . We will learn to live with it but we have to get it under control first and it is out of control again at the moment as restrictions were released too soon before we had enough of the adult population vaccinated.

It's not just about deaths - what about long covid ? What about people who are being left with lifelong organ damage ? Is that acceptable ?

Hospitalisations are rising - they have doubled in the last 2 weeks. Case numbers are doubling every 2 weeks and hospitalisations are following suit but with a 2-4 week lag as it takes a while for the virus to take hold to that extent.

Hospitals are not fine - try looking at social media posts from people who are working in the hospitals - some in the areas of higher case numbers are already at breaking point and it is getting worse.

Spot on. My wife works at KMH and they are once again being evicted from where they work because they need the area for Covid patients again. She comes home in tears some days because it’s gone back to how it was previously but don’t worry as today is the day Covid stops because Boris says so :roll: :roll: :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum