{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Adam Rundle: Stags Stories

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Adam Rundle: Stags Stories

Postby mtfcmatters » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:32 pm

This weeks Stags Stories is with former winger Adam Rundle!

In his 18 month stint at the Stags, Rundle would become part of a vastly changing Mansfield Town, on and off the pitch, and became part of a dressing room which would see the Stags grace St James’ Park, Newcastle in the FA Cup.

Headlines were written on Rundle going back to his home town and, to be fair, he put in a class display – but many years on the now part time singer, reveals why the game on the big stage took its toll on his confidence, anxiety and self-belief.

During his Stags Story, Rundle also reveals all about the struggle of living away from home at a young age in some questionable digs – plus reveals how he was the one to spark the resignation of controversial manager Carlton Palmer.

EXTENDED AUDIO: https://soundcloud.com/craig-priest-276 ... mer-sacked

This open, honest and thought provoking conversation may contain discussion topics which some people may find upsetting – for support, visit https://www.mind.org.uk/need-urgent-hel ... -this-tool

Throughout the 2021/22 campaign, we’re supporting the Mind Charity with a variety of fundraising ideas, including a LIVE event coming very soon – help us out by answering a few questions https://bit.ly/LegendsLive2 or by donating to our Ko-Fi page https://ko-fi.com/mansfieldmatters
mtfcmatters
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Adam Rundle: Stags Stories

Postby Johnny H » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:13 pm

A very good listen...!!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:33 pm

Yes, a good listen, especially sitting on Carltons toilet listening to important stuff that was going off :D
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:38 am

I see Mr Palmer has watched and commented on twitter, offering to come on and put over his side of the story.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:34 am

Can you put the link on here for people that aren't on twitter?
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:40 am

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:43 am

Edit my post to post the rest on the tweets as all 1 statement.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:45 am

That would be very interesting. Thanks for posting Gazza.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:47 am

Would really test Craig's presenting skills that. Get it done Craig! :)
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:50 am

Could ask him if he'd be willing to do a fans q and a. Should be interesting.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:34 am

Get him on, why not?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:50 am

Fair play to Carlton here, would be a good listen.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:12 pm

As I've said before, Carlton is a very engaging man and talks a lot of sense. He was also a great footballer. Sadly he was a poor manager and will be forever tainted by his defence of, and friendship with, Haslam.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:25 pm

That was a cracking interview with Adam Rundle - Loved the corner flag and toilet story!

Fancy putting your players to live in a pub! We have progressed a lot as a club since then.

Regarding Carlton Palmer - Yes he was very unpopular and he wasn't a good manager, but we have had worse managers than him recently. I'm not making excuses for him, but he had clearly been told to cut the wage bill and if he had have had the kind of financial backing that Dempster or Coughlan had, then he may have been more successful - who knows. You should definitely interview him - he said nothing is off limits. I think it could be a very interesting interview.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby mtfcmatters » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:54 am

Thanks guys!

RE Carlton Palmer.... absolutely there will be an episode with him! It will be out in a few weeks, as I'm currently on Holiday and Carlton is in Shanghi I believe, so we're unable to record it until possibly next weekend, however it's 100% happening!

If anyone wants to send any questions/ topics, then feel free to DM them on here or to our social media pages (@mtfcmatters) and I'll happily throw them at him!
mtfcmatters
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:00 am

enjoyed the interview. Thanks

For anyone interested, this is my account of that Rochdale game from the time: https://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports/ ... seasonid=6
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:19 am

Martin Shaw wrote:enjoyed the interview. Thanks

For anyone interested, this is my account of that Rochdale game from the time: https://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports/ ... seasonid=6

There’s some names in there to make you shudder!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:42 pm

Carlton’s biggest mistake was not playing himself enough.

We looked much better with him on the pitch and things just went downhill from there. As others have said, we’ve had much worse managers since then but of course our standards were also higher at that time as well.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:35 pm

mtfcmatters wrote:Thanks guys!

RE Carlton Palmer.... absolutely there will be an episode with him! It will be out in a few weeks, as I'm currently on Holiday and Carlton is in Shanghi I believe, so we're unable to record it until possibly next weekend, however it's 100% happening!

If anyone wants to send any questions/ topics, then feel free to DM them on here or to our social media pages (@mtfcmatters) and I'll happily throw them at him!

Ask him how big Haslams penis was
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:37 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Carlton’s biggest mistake was not playing himself enough.

We looked much better with him on the pitch and things just went downhill from there. As others have said, we’ve had much worse managers since then but of course our standards were also higher at that time as well.

Carlton’s mistake was being dominated by his best friend Keith Haslam and picking his team on a Friday night based on his pal’s input while drinking 14 beers on a patio in Calver.

Make no mistake. He was complicit in the worst era in our history.

Then he went on National TV to defend his best pal.

I thought he had just gone away. I had hoped he had just gone away. Anyone who is encouraging this has a very short memory.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:03 am

Random Hero wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Carlton’s biggest mistake was not playing himself enough.

Carlton’s mistake was being dominated by his best friend Keith Haslam and picking his team on a Friday night based on his pal’s input while drinking 14 beers on a patio in Calver.

Make no mistake. He was complicit in the worst era in our history.

Then he went on National TV to defend his best pal.

I thought he had just gone away. I had hoped he had just gone away. Anyone who is encouraging this has a very short memory.

100pc this. Never forget that Carltoon Palmer was complicit in the asset stripping of the club and our fall to non league
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum