{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Euro 2020 - Tonight’s game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tonight’s game (Friday 18th)

Postby Big yella » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:04 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I see Billy Gilmour has tested positive for Covid and is out for 10 days. That won’t help the Scots even if it doesn’t spread throughout the squad.

I just hope he hasn’t passed it on to any England players.

Did they close enough to catch it? ;) :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:06 pm

Big yella wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I see Billy Gilmour has tested positive for Covid and is out for 10 days. That won’t help the Scots even if it doesn’t spread throughout the squad.

I really don’t get this. England weren’t great but why are people going on like Scotland were world beaters ? Gilmour was out of his depth in the first half.

The overhype of Scotland after the game is as bad as the overhype over England before it
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:10 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Big yella wrote:

I really don’t get this. England weren’t great but why are people going on like Scotland were world beaters ? Gilmour was out of his depth in the first half.

The overhype of Scotland after the game is as bad as the overhype over England before it

Because I’m a sweaty and having a wee jibe at the latest twist in the 30 (scrub that) 40 (no scrub that) 50 (God darn it), 55 (phew!! finally) years of hurt. ;) :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:50 pm

That 0-0 victory(!) will be Scotland’s best result at a tournament for many years & will still mean nothing when they go and lose tomorrow.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:40 pm

Not sure if been mentioned previously but Daniel O’Shaughnessy playing for Finland again tonight scored a screamer against us for Cheltenham a few years ago.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:13 pm

Big yella wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Because I’m a sweaty and having a wee jibe at the latest twist in the 30 (scrub that) 40 (no scrub that) 50 (God darn it), 55 (phew!! finally) years of hurt. ;) :lol:

Not a dig at yourself or even this board. It’s a country wide thing. All the papers and the media are blowing smoke up the Jock’s arses.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:27 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Big yella wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Not a dig at yourself or even this board. It’s a country wide thing. All the papers and the media are blowing smoke up the Jock’s arses.

to be fair, it's probably the best thing that's ever happened in their history!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:09 pm

Has a country ever celebrated not scoring so wildly as the Scots, I watched in disbelief as the fans and players…. aided by the media went hysterical about drawing 0-0
And as Belly says Gilmour was anonymous 1st half , it the Kings new clothes syndrome
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:12 pm

I’m hoping southgate has decided to stop with this dour, turgid crap and be a bit more adventurous tomorrow.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:19 pm

The good news is we’re through no matter what happens tomorrow.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:35 am

Big yella wrote:

Mount and Chilwell are self isolating because they gave Gilmour a big hug at the end of the game. I must be watching different games to others as I thought Mount faded and was anonymous in the second half in both games. They need a leader in midfield to drive the team forward
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Torrystag » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:12 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Big yella wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Im not getting carried away belly ,we did what we had to do against england ,like i said before the match we struggle to score goals and thats my fear about tonight against croatia ,if we can score a goal we can nick it ,but being scottish and supporting stags i can cope with dissapointment ,im hopeful but thats it
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:26 am

MTFCMusings wrote:The good news is we’re through no matter what happens tomorrow.

Phew!! thank cluck for that, because if we'd got to get a result we'd choke for sure.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:18 am

Anyone looking forward to some more boring, insipid, Southgate dross again tonight?

¯\_ಠ_ಠ_/¯
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:11 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Anyone looking forward to some more boring, insipid, Southgate dross again tonight?

¯\_ಠ_ಠ_/¯

I am really optimistic, I think the performance in an attacking sense cant get much worse and that because it was so dull he will take the shackles off a bit.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:07 am

lifestags wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Anyone looking forward to some more boring, insipid, Southgate dross again tonight?

¯\_ಠ_ಠ_/¯

I am really optimistic, I think the performance in an attacking sense cant get much worse and that because it was so dull he will take the shackles off a bit.

And the czechs won't play like Scotland will so I think the game will be a bit more open
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:42 am

Spiritater wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:The good news is we’re through no matter what happens tomorrow.

Phew!! thank cluck for that, because if we'd got to get a result we'd choke for sure.

That’s the spirit.

It’s almost like we didn’t get to the semi final of the last major tournament

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:37 am

The situation with Mount and Chilwell is an absolute farce.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:43 am

Clearly whats happened here is the national team are supposed to disclose when a player has been in contact with Billy Gilmour, it seems to be that Scotland have not been honest and we have.

Absolute joke.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:44 pm

I don’t get this. Two England players are isolating but the whole Scottish squad is free to play?

Can someone please explain this to me?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:52 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I don’t get this. Two England players are isolating but the whole Scottish squad is free to play?

Can someone please explain this to me?

Its madness.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:14 pm

Nope ,nobody can explain it coz its crazy :lol:
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby lifestags » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:22 pm

I would put money on Scotland not disclosing who has actually been in contact with Gilmour.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:35 pm

lifestags wrote:I would put money on Scotland not disclosing who has actually been in contact with Gilmour.

Look dont start blaming scotland for the actions of health england everyone knows our players have been sharing a dressing room and staying in the same hotel ,we have done nothing underhand
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby lifestags » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:37 pm

Thats why Andy Robertson deleted a video of himself playing table tennis with Gilmour.

You just follow Englands COVID rules anyway, how no one else in that Scotland squad has to isolate is a joke.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum